drugs - stay safe

eFestivals

It’s stems from Holland, if you are caught with 1 pill in Holland nothing happens to you. So they have created super strength pills that if you have in 1/4 will last all night. Our youth hey hold of them and insist on waving their dicks about and doing two at once....... problem ahead 

• Upvote 1

I know this seems a bit "obvious", but if the pill is really fucking massive, watch out because it might be really fucking strong. Back in the day (late 90s), there was very little link between size and strength of pills, they were all cut with random crap.

I've got to say, I can think of worse problems than pills being really strong.

1 hour ago, Winslow Leach said:

Is this you predicting it or do you actually know this? Would be great to see them there, they do really great work.

I saw them making very suggestive hints on twitter about 2020, so think it's happening yeah 

I thought that the loop were going to be at the festival until the constabulary raised objections as it would mean them turning a blind eye to possession in the area of the tent. Will this be sorted in time for next year?

54 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I know this seems a bit "obvious", but if the pill is really fucking massive, watch out because it might be really fucking strong. Back in the day (late 90s), there was very little link between size and strength of pills, they were all cut with random crap.

I've got to say, I can think of worse problems than pills being really strong.

So can I, such as having to tell someone their 18 yr old daughter has died at a festival because her boyfriend gave her drugs. Casual comments like these on this and other boards give young people the impression that it's perfectly normal to do drugs at a festival - "everyone does it" and downplays the dangers, it's clearly uncool to point out that you don't have to take drugs to have a good time (yes i'm a nerd too), the fact is not everyone takes pills or even smokes and normalizing drug taking with casual comments without pointing out the risks actually puts younger festival goers at risk.

(not having a go at you personally stuartbert, just making the point.)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Just now, gizmoman said:

So can I, such as having to tell someone their 18 yr old daughter has died at a festival because her boyfriend gave her drugs. Casual comments like these on this and other boards give young people the impression that it's perfectly normal to do drugs at a festival - "everyone does it" and downplays the dangers, it's clearly uncool to point out that you don't have to take drugs to have a good time (yes i'm a nerd too), the fact is not everyone takes pills or even smokes and normalizing drug taking with casual comments without pointing out the risks actually puts younger festival goers at risk.

No fair point.  We do need to be careful with strong drugs, but it's a good sign that they do seem to be made out of what they're supposed to be made out of - I meant it literally as in there really are worse things that can be put into drugs when they're adulterated with all sorts of crap.  Insensitively put though, I definitely take the point and shouldn't have been so flippant.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, LSTx said:

300mg pills that is ridiculous! 

Nintendos were the perfect balance (170-190mg). 

I've always found it better doing measured bombs of mdma instead of pills, at least that way you can then measure how much you're putting in

I fairly clueless. 300mg would be like splitting a 1g bag into nearly 3rd? and taking a third at once?

I've seen people put it away quite quickly in bomb form, and 300mg does seem like a hefty amount but is that enough to send people under? Is it having the second one that is causing issues?

It should also be mentioned that if you buy at the stone circle you are risking paying over the odds for a substance of unknown quality, strength or validity.  I understand that a festival might be the only time and place that some people take drugs and that many people won't necessarily have the contacts to reliably source themselves.  

The dark web is generally a safer bet than the streets these days, certainly a safer bet than buying off some random.  If you are going in a group there is likely to be someone who can source a safer product amongst you, so chip in, be safe and know what you are getting.  Use reagent kits on your gear and be extra safe.

Personally I don't dabble with all these exciting substances that people enjoy, and I try not to judge those who do (although I struggle with a couple of substances that cause genuine harm).  What I want is for people to be safe and know what they are taking, how much they are taking and how to cope if shit goes south.  Just like with drinking, try to be responsible, try to know your limits and try not to be a dick to others when you're off your nut.

PS: if this thread turns into a buyers how to guide for the dark web Neil WILL shut it down.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

I think this is an issue of education and the government actually doing something to help. People will take drugs no matter what. Young (and old) people end up doing themselves harm because they've no idea what they're taking. 

14 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

You of course make a very good point, however MDMA/Ecstasy is perfectly safe if pure and taken in the correct dose. Now of course there will be a tiny tiny minority of people who may react differently to even a pure and safe dose, but this is no different to nuts/bananas shellfish etc, they kill people too, in very small numbers.

Its not the drugs themselves that are the problem, it’s the fact they are illegal and people find themselves in situations where they take impure and Incorrect doses.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

You of course make a very good point, however MDMA/Ecstasy is perfectly safe if pure and taken in the correct dose. Now of course there will be a tiny tiny minority of people who may react differently to even a pure and safe dose, but this is no different to nuts/bananas shellfish etc, they kill people too, in very small numbers.

Its not the drugs themselves that are the problem, it’s the fact they are illegal and people find themselves in situations where they take impure and Incorrect doses.

Not sure that it’s perfectly harmless. Not only the dose but the frequency of taking it count. Seriously depleting your seratonin levels or interactions with antidepressants can cause harm mentally and physically. If you’re going to take it do your homework. Www.rollsafe.org is a good place to start

1 minute ago, tarw said:

Not sure that it’s perfectly harmless. Not only the dose but the frequency of taking it count. Seriously depleting your seratonin levels or interactions with antidepressants can cause harm mentally and physically. If you’re going to take it do your homework. Www.rollsafe.org is a good place to start

Isn’t that the case with anything in life? Isn’t that the case with anything in your medicine cabinet? Any food? Alcohol? Too much of anything will kill you. A one off pure and accurate dose of MDMA will not kill you nor do you any harm*

*I said that it was perfectly safe but caveatted that with the fact that people can have allergies to things like nuts and be killed by them, and as above too much of anything or for too long a period will be bad for you.

12 minutes ago, mike86 said:

I think this is an issue of education and the government actually doing something to help. People will take drugs no matter what. Young (and old) people end up doing themselves harm because they've no idea what they're taking. 

My main problem with the illegal drugs is the fact that you simply don't know what you're getting, the older more experienced users probably have a better chance of spotting problems, it's noticeable that most of the festivals deaths in recent years are younger kids, they clearly don't have the experience to take these drugs safely.