drugs - stay safe

eFestivals

I thought it was worth highlighting the recent warnings from The Loop about dangerous pills - several people were hospitalised at Parklife.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/ecstasy-warning-skype-parklife-festival-16400996

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/editors-picks/parklife-drugs-festival-manchester-2019-1640236

Have fun, stay safe.

I don't take illegal drugs so this might be a silly suggestion, but if the makers can go to the bother of printing "skype" on them couldn't they just print the content in mg? That way people would know the strength and not be tempted to take 2 or 3 thinking "there won't be much in them" I know we're talking about criminals here but it's still not in their interest to kill their customers!

• Upvote 1

If you've not seen the consequences of double and triple strenghthed pills then heed this. People lose the ability to control their bodily functions when this shitfaced. They lose the ability to communicate that they have shat themselves. They lose the ability to stand so must stay in their puddle of shit. They lose their dignity. You don't want to be put through it yourself nor put through it by friends. It's dire. 

And my mate was a lucky one as his dignity is all that's lost for now. Could've been much more lost, forever.

Be careful , test test test and trial with quarters and halves. 

On 6/11/2019 at 5:28 PM, gizmoman said:

I don't take illegal drugs so this might be a silly suggestion, but if the makers can go to the bother of printing "skype" on them couldn't they just print the content in mg? That way people would know the strength and not be tempted to take 2 or 3 thinking "there won't be much in them" I know we're talking about criminals here but it's still not in their interest to kill their customers!

It's why we need some form of legislation. Correct dosage and purity would definitely save minds and lives. 

Edited by mashedonmud
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 12

Did they ever introduce drug testing to Glastonbury? I can see both sides of the argument, but personally I'm all for it.

If not, just stay safe. It might feel like it but Glastonbury is probably not the best place to start experimenting with new things

Edited by Abbathehorse

300mg pills that is ridiculous! 

Nintendos were the perfect balance (170-190mg). 

I've always found it better doing measured bombs of mdma instead of pills, at least that way you can then measure how much you're putting in

2 minutes ago, Abbathehorse said:

Did they ever introduce drug testing to Glastonbury? I can see both sides of the argument, but personally I'm all for it.

If not, just stay safe. It might feel like it but Glastonbury is probably not the best place to start experimenting with new things

Emily did say in October last year that the loop would be in attendance ... but unfortunately now it appears this hasn't materialised 

2 minutes ago, LSTx said:

300mg pills that is ridiculous! 

Nintendos were the perfect balance (170-190mg). 

I've always found it better doing measured bombs of mdma instead of pills, at least that way you can then measure how much you're putting in

Excuse the ignorance here. How do you know how pure the mdma is? Isn’t it cut with other stuff? Or do you test it yourself? Genuine question, never tried it. 

4 minutes ago, Skelts said:

Excuse the ignorance here. How do you know how pure the mdma is? Isn’t it cut with other stuff? Or do you test it yourself? Genuine question, never tried it. 

doesn't really matter if you're taking weighed and safe doses - cos if it's 100% pure you'll have taken the maximum safe dose, and if it's less-than-pure you'll have taken less than the maximum safe dose.

Pills are too strong today. Nobody needs a 300mg pill. Nobody even needs more than 150mg pill to be totally honest. If I have a pill now I’ll have a third or even quarter. When I was 18/19/20 I’d have just had the lot without a second thought. 

Our country needs a sensible drugs policy because kids don’t know the genuine dangers of most drugs and that’s because nobody is telling them. They need educating. 

• Upvote 8

37 minutes ago, ivan said:

The absolute disgusting taste of MDMA ensures you cant take too much !

Yup. Transferring them into the paracetamol capsules helps with that though. I could be sick on the floor in front of my right now if I properly picture the time a rizla bomb of md broke open near the old clack. Mmmm.

• Like 1

The loop at boomtown had a queue all weekend of punters getting their stuff tested, they take a minuscule amount of whatever you want tested and give you information on risk reduction, things not to mix, what to do if you’re unwell etc.

They can also use the site text messaging service to send out alerts about super strength/ dodgy pills etc. 

Think the loop say after testing something like 1/5 people hand their stash in to be destroyed because it’s pure shite that would have otherwise potentially ruined their festival. 

Not my thing, but people will always take drugs (including people I’m very fond of), someone will probably, and unfortunately have to die at the festival before education and testing is considered a priority. 

Slightly off topic but if you get searched at the gates before getting onto the site and they find you've got drugs, do they just take them off you or do they actually refuse you entry as well?

Only asking because this might be the first year I might bring some with me.

5 minutes ago, zico martin said:

I'm struggling to get hold of any goodies to take with me this year, any tips on getting anything onsite? Or beforehand of course ?

I'm sure you won't struggle to find stuff up around the stone circle