s(NO)w patrol

secondr0w

I do agree with the above posts.

It's the one thing I would change about these boards. The tedious slagging off of the same bands. I'm not remotely offended by it. It's just rather dull. 'Oohhh snorepatrol how many fans have they got, like 4?' Nope they sell out arenas, it will be rammed and they are very popular with the Glastonbury crowd. 

Why do Snow Patrol/ Keane, who write their own songs, only produce what they want to produce, don't conform etc get slagged off but contrived, NME shite that do conform to what is 'cool' are accepted?

1 hour ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

I'm not offended and I'm not a Snow Patrol fan.

Why would someone that hates a band so much click on a thread of their name just to be a dick is my point, they're the ones that hate anyone else having a different music opinion to them. 

Same thing would happen if someone made a thread about Courtneerers/ Catfish etc etc, always the same people that will interject and have their say of them being shite. These are the same people that can also be found discussing at length the merits of each of Radiohead's albums and sometimes if we're lucky enough to see it even ranking them.

The thing is every band gets slagged, even the likes of Radiohead. It's just a Radiohead thread is made of a few insulting posts and a tonne of positive discussion whereas a Catfish thread is made of a few insulting posts and very little else. The problem isn't people shitting on bands it's there not being enough interest in having a proper discussion.

43 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

It's the one thing I would change about these boards. The tedious slagging off of the same bands. I'm not remotely offended by it. It's just rather dull. 'Oohhh snorepatrol how many fans have they got, like 4?' Nope they sell out arenas, it will be rammed and they are very popular with the Glastonbury crowd. 

Why do Snow Patrol/ Keane, who write their own songs, only produce what they want to produce, don't conform etc get slagged off but contrived, NME shite that do conform to what is 'cool' are accepted?

I think you’re taking it all a little too seriously.

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

I'm not sure that anyone reads the NME.  Who are these conforming bands you're referring to?  Any examples?

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The grim spectre of The Who can never truly be discounted.

*note*

this should in no way be seen as me ‘slagging off’ The Who... I like The Who. They are a fine band with a marvellous back catalogue....

i wont get fooled again.

1 hour ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Mate, every time someone mentions a band like this you'll be in the thread just to chip in and be a dick. Maybe it's you that takes it all too seriously...

A dick? Really? I’d suggest that if you are the sort of person who gets offended at what was a relatively benign poke at Snow Patrol then maybe the internet might not be for you.

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

A dick? Really? I’d suggest that if you are the sort of person who gets offended at what was a relatively benign poke at Snow Patrol then maybe the internet might not be for you.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

You do it every time any time a band you don't like is mentioned on here. Cba discussing it any more think my point is obvious. Sure I'll see you popping up again soon with some more witticisms about bands you don't care for ?

19 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

So to get back on topic, any update on whether they are playing?

I think they will, should find out next week for sure.

if they don’t will they bump everyone up? Have bigger gaps between bands? Shuffle with other stages?