Kopparberg Gin

westholtschic

4 hours ago, westholtschic said:

Good morning. Sorry to ask but has anyone found any of this yet in the supermarkets please?

I live in Torbay and it's as rare as hens teeth ! Thank you.

just asked one of the managers in  Asda and she said its out of stock in Depots for both Asda and Morrissons ( her partner works for morrisons )  ... which means at least a week until Asda  stock it again ... but that is very doubtful 

6 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

just asked one of the managers in  Asda and she said its out of stock in Depots for both Asda and Morrissons ( her partner works for morrisons )  ... which means at least a week until Asda  stock it again ... but that is very doubtful 

Thank you very much for your help.

Are these flavoured gins still really gin? To me they are now becoming gin liqueurs....

The art of creating a really good quality gin was the use of the basic ingredients in very subtle combinations with maybe some extra small subtle herbs or spices.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

@westholtschic spotted some In Asda taunton today ... must be coming back into stock .. just the one flavour in the events Aisle 

IMG_3821.jpeg

Thank you. Would have called on the way back from the cricket today but thankfully got a bottle at the weekend that has been decanted ready for the farm.

2 hours ago, westholtschic said:

Thank you. Would have called on the way back from the cricket today but thankfully got a bottle at the weekend that has been decanted ready for the farm.

tried to get the post in before it was over for that reason :) looks like the bangladesh fans were good fun 

• Upvote 1

On 6/11/2019 at 8:37 PM, Keithy said:

Are these flavoured gins still really gin? To me they are now becoming gin liqueurs....

The art of creating a really good quality gin was the use of the basic ingredients in very subtle combinations with maybe some extra small subtle herbs or spices.

Agreed. I like gin because it tastes of gin. Not some other poncy shit. 

Edit: that's not meant to sound as harsh as it sounds 

Edited by semmtexx

51 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

Agreed. I like gin because it tastes of gin. Not some other poncy shit. 

Edit: that's not meant to sound as harsh as it sounds 

I agree. I make my own raspberry gin for Glastonbury but I see it very much a gin liqueur, particularly as you don't drink it with a tonic as it's already quite sweet.

All this rhubarb gin, raspberry gin, strawberry gin, etc being marketed as proper gin.....not for me Clive. 

I was fortunate enough to do the master distillery tour at Plymouth Gin.... the depth and subtlety of the spices etc was amazing, especially on blind tasting.  These flavoured gins just overpower that art and subtlety.

7 hours ago, Keithy said:

I agree. I make my own raspberry gin for Glastonbury but I see it very much a gin liqueur, particularly as you don't drink it with a tonic as it's already quite sweet.

All this rhubarb gin, raspberry gin, strawberry gin, etc being marketed as proper gin.....not for me Clive. 

I was fortunate enough to do the master distillery tour at Plymouth Gin.... the depth and subtlety of the spices etc was amazing, especially on blind tasting.  These flavoured gins just overpower that art and subtlety.

Most of these ‘flavoured' gins or whatever 'flavoured' booze you're talking about only taste of the 'flavour' to me. You lose all the quality of the original drink. It's almost a bit like Hooch - all you can taste is lemon. I think most of them are about masking flavour rather than enhancing it.

Edit: Ooo I do sound like a pretentious tit. 

Edited by semmtexx