Steve Davis

Deci

I've very much enjoyed DJ Thundermuscle the 3 times I've seen him ??
his back to back with Kavus Torabi in manchester after Orbital was great fun and a very lovely chap he is too

great tune selection, and just goes all over the place with styles
very much looking forward to being taken to a higher realm during his glasto set 

3 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

His favourite band is Magma. Definitely prog. He also likes Gentle Giant...for those who really like prog! 

(I do)

Is there (ever) any prog rock at Glastonbury?  My friend is well into it and dropped out when he saw the initial  poster as it was the "worst lineup ever" and only Hawkwind was of interest for him.  Were any prog bands announced later?

3 hours ago, gtf said:

Is there (ever) any prog rock at Glastonbury?  My friend is well into it and dropped out when he saw the initial  poster as it was the "worst lineup ever" and only Hawkwind was of interest for him.  Were any prog bands announced later?

Certainly nothing major, the only big prog act I can recall seeing was Yes, but that was in 2003! Often there’s Steve Hillage in some form or other but not this year. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, gtf said:

I think Gong have been there before and I’ve seen John Lees Barclay James Harvest but it’s rarely more than one or two acts.  Marillion tried to get on about 10 years ago and were told they were “not a Glastonbury band”...

I still maintain they would be bloody amazing for Avalon.

• Upvote 1

I still think it's entirely mental that snooker champion Steve 'Interesting' Davis is now a cool D.J. Flips my wig every time I think about it. ?

On 6/11/2019 at 2:58 AM, Avalon_Fields said:

Certainly nothing major, the only big prog act I can recall seeing was Yes, but that was in 2003! Often there’s Steve Hillage in some form or other but not this year. 

On 6/11/2019 at 7:33 AM, ICGenie said:

I think Gong have been there before and I’ve seen John Lees Barclay James Harvest but it’s rarely more than one or two acts.  Marillion tried to get on about 10 years ago and were told they were “not a Glastonbury band”...

I still maintain they would be bloody amazing for Avalon.

Thanks for the replies although it sounds like it will never be a good year for him ?

I've seen Marillion a couple of times and you're right, they would be excellent on Avalon (and a couple of other stages)!