Parking - vans?

cb4747

9 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

Hi! So we have a car (shining new clean car) and my partners van (transit style) are we allowed to go in his van? Obviously not staying in it, but just don’t want potentially muddy things going in the car! 

Yes, the only limitation is that you can't sleep in the car park fields - your choice of vehicle is entirely your own.

21 hours ago, annax said:

Often they put vans in a special car park close to the gate - let us know if this happens to you...

for the past few years we have gone down in minibuses and transits for the gear and they put us in Orange 36 which was great for gate D BUT in 2017 they put us in Pink which was a complete ballache.

On 6/10/2019 at 6:14 PM, cb4747 said:

Hi! So we have a car (shining new clean car) and my partners van (transit style) are we allowed to go in his van? Obviously not staying in it, but just don’t want potentially muddy things going in the car! 

Probably not an issue but - if it's the RWD Transit, they're fucking useless in a field.  I have one which when it had standard tyres, would slip on dewy grass; added some A/T tyres and it's much better...

We plan to come down Tuesday night in our VW T4 campervan instead of bringing the car. We plan to pull the bed down for a few hours sleep before joining the queue about 4am. I would have thought the no sleeping in the car parks rule is aimed at people doing that whilst the festival is on. Loads of people will be sleeping in cars before queuing.

We’ve taken our Vivaro (aka The Beer Bus) for the last few years. Absolutely fine and never had any special treatment regarding car parks.

Did get stuck in the mud in 2016 (didn’t everybody?) but in usual Glasto spirit about 20 kind souls got out of their cars and pushed us out!

A05AF7F2-6435-4DA3-B93F-3840166CA1E6.jpeg

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, plot2pot said:

We’ve taken our Vivaro (aka The Beer Bus) for the last few years. Absolutely fine and never had any special treatment regarding car parks.

Did get stuck in the mud in 2016 (didn’t everybody?) but in usual Glasto spirit about 20 kind souls got out of their cars and pushed us out!

A05AF7F2-6435-4DA3-B93F-3840166CA1E6.jpeg

this looks similar to my partners van. He's got a vauxhall vivaro long wheel base. We just don't want potentially muddy things in my new car! 

12 hours ago, cb4747 said:

this looks similar to my partners van. He's got a vauxhall vivaro long wheel base. We just don't want potentially muddy things in my new car! 

You’ll be fine then - and loading is a doddle - just launch it all in!