Rock Werchter 2020

Sixteen new names are added to the lineup today. New for Thursday 2 July are Haim, Disclosure and The Big Moon. On Friday 3 July Liam Gallagher, Archive, Bicep Live, Cigarettes After Sex and Brittany Howard play at the festival. Jorja Smith, Jimmy Eat World and Tones and I join the line-up for Saturday 4 July. New on for Sunday 5 July are Placebo, Michael Kiwanuka, Kacey Musgraves, Big Thief and Joost.

!!!!!!!!!!

brilliant

it's very strong already imo:

Kacey Musgraves into Thom Yorke for Barn on Sunday -> I don't know what you would want to have in terms of bigger names for that stage. other than that it's pretty much what we've predicted, the only disappointment is having paak on the main stage in the sunlight instead of a tent. also, maybe haim would have been better in the barn too, instead of opening the festival. but we'll see

Thursday
Main: Haim – Rag ’n bone man – The Lumineers – Pixies – Pearl Jam – Disclosure
Barn: Wilco – Beck
Slope: The big moon – Black pumas
Klub C; - 

Friday
Main: Lewis capaldi – Liam gallagher – The strokes
Barn: Cigarettes after sex – Archive
KluB C; Brittany howard – Bicep live

Saturday
Main: Dermot kennedy – Keane - Anderson .Paak and the free nationals – Faith no more – Twenty one pilots – Kendrick lamar
Barn: Jimmy eat world – The streets – Jorja smith
KluB C; Tones and I

Sunday
Main: Joost – The pretty reckless – Yungblud – Sum 41 – Placebo – Volbeat – System of a down
Barn: Big thief – Kacey musgraves – Michael kiwanuka – Thom yorke tomorrow’s modern boxes
KluB C;  Meute

Edited by The_Preach

2 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Nice one, and good news about the stage splits too. REALLY happy about Placebo and Cigarettes After Sex.

Kinda hilarious that Liam is just some random addition and it's all the Leeds/Reading crowd have had to go on for months now. 

i think he might sub (if they don't already have another big name for that day)

4 minutes ago, The_Preach said:

Thursday
Main: Haim – Rag ’n bone man – The Lumineers – Pixies – Pearl Jam – Disclosure
Klub C; - 

Friday
KluB C; Brittany howard – Bicep live

Saturday
Main: Dermot kennedy – Keane - Anderson .Paak and the free nationals – Faith no more – Twenty one pilots – Kendrick lamar
KluB C; Tones and I

Sunday
Main: Joost – The pretty reckless – Yungblud – Sum 41 – Placebo – Volbeat – System of a down
Barn: Big thief – Kacey musgraves – Michael kiwanuka – Thom yorke tomorrow’s modern boxes
KluB C;  Meute

No bands for The Slope yet then.. That's the best stage for me so I'm looking forward to it :)

Donderdag
Main: Haim – Rag ’n bone man – The Lumineers – Pixies – Pearl JamDisclosure

Vrijdag
KluB: Brittany howard – Bicep live

Zaterdag
Main: Keane – Dermot kennedy – Anderson .Paak and the free nationalsFaith no moreTwenty one pilotsKendrick lamar
KluB: Tones and I

Zondag
Main: Joost – The pretty recklessYungblud – Sum 41 – PlaceboVolbeat System of a down
KluB: Meute

The names I would like to see^^ Saturday is so strong in my opinion!

By the way, if people are considering buying a ticket after this drop of names. I am still ambassador of RW meaning I can give €8,- discount per combi ticket or €5,- per day-ticket! Just quote this message or send a PM!

Just now, EV123 said:

Very strong announcement! Barn on sunday is looking really strong. Big thief - Kiwanuka - Kacey - Thom is a very good way of closing the festival for me. 

Disclosure as main stage act is a bit of a surprise for me, but I like it! 

Agreed! But I actually prefer Disclosure closing the main stage rather than PJ but we'll see!

2 minutes ago, brightside23 said:

Any hope of mixing it up with some heavier bands like Gojira or While She Sleeps? 

since the sunday mainstage seems complete I think, we'll see them going to graspop again but while she sleeps is a perfect slope closer which plays in holland the same weekend (jera friday or saturday) 

Edited by xydroh

19 minutes ago, polnico said:

About Liam : Sub for Strokes + co-head or just Strokes on their own ? Of course I am perfectly fine with the latter but I am asking myself about this one. 

the last rumours were that they are willing to find another big name for that day but are struggling to do so.

This has happened in the past too, many people were waiting in 2017 for something else after james blake (before radiohead) and something after greta van fleet and before muse last year, but ultimately they were ultimately the subs with no other coheadliner. 

Edited by neacaisa

1 minute ago, neacaisa said:

the last rumours were that they are willing to find another big name for that day but are struggling to do so.

This has happened in the past too, many people were waiting in 2017 for something else after james blake (before radiohead) and something after greta van fleet and before muse last year, but ultimately they were ultimately the subs with no other coheadliner. 

Thats festival forum rumours, rather than any rumour of substance.