Jump to content

Rock Werchter 2020


Recommended Posts

I guess this is the worst they could do for me. 

Black Pumas and Meute, that's it for me. Paak is also nice, but he was there in 2018. 

Volbeat, Lumineers, Capaldi, Dermot Kennedy, Keane, Sum 41, Rag 'n' Bone Man are such a waste of the high slots (in my opinion off course). I really don't understand why some of these are still booked bij Werchter. I've given up completely on that Sunday MainStage. 

And really embarrassing that there is no female act on the line-up for the moment with 1/4 of the bands booked. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, EV123 said:

I guess this is the worst they could do for me. 

Black Pumas and Meute, that's it for me. Paak is also nice, but he was there in 2018. 

Volbeat, Lumineers, Capaldi, Dermot Kennedy, Keane, Sum 41, Rag 'n' Bone Man are such a waste of the high slots (in my opinion off course). I really don't understand why some of these are still booked bij Werchter. I've given up completely on that Sunday MainStage. 

And really embarrassing that there is no female act on the line-up for the moment with 1/4 of the bands booked. 

pretty reckless? pixies?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, xydroh said:

volbeat have headlined belgian fest graspop for the past 7 years, they're much bigger here than in the uk. 

When talking about GMM and Download you are talking about niche festivals (metal festivals), instead of a mainstream festival like RW. That's also why I think there is a difference in being headline for a metal festival or a mainstream festival. For example look at FnM, headliner at GMM and probably barn head or 3rd down at RW.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, The_Preach said:

When talking about GMM and Download you are talking about niche festivals (metal festivals), instead of a mainstream festival like RW. That's also why I think there is a difference in being headline for a metal festival or a mainstream festival. For example look at FnM, headliner at GMM and probably barn head or 3rd down at RW.

volbeat is headlining rock am ring/ rock im park ? or is that also a niche festival? volbeat is just huge here, that's a fact

 

 

Edited by xydroh
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, EV123 said:

Volbeat, Lumineers, Capaldi, Dermot Kennedy, Keane, Sum 41, Rag 'n' Bone Man are such a waste of the high slots (in my opinion off course). I really don't understand why some of these are still booked bij Werchter. I've given up completely on that Sunday MainStage. 

But who says they take high-slots? Let's just wait and see. 

Lumineers will get a sub in the barn.
Keane will sub or headline the barn. 
Capaldi will play the Barn around 20h or main around 18-20.
Rag n Bone will play during the day at main stage. 
Dermot Kennedy will play around 19-20 in the Barn. 
Sum 41 gets an afternoon slot at main stage. 
Volbeat is sub for SOAD - (something to be announced)

I don't think you should be too afraid of them taking up too high slots of possible headliners. I believe Rock Werchter plays in a higher league than giving those bands high slots. 
Ofcourse just my take on it.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, xydroh said:

volbeat is headlining rock am ring/ rock im park ? or is that also a niche festival? volbeat is just huge here, that's a fact

 

 

But still kind of a nich festival not as much as Download or GMM but still. I'm sure their are huge but that huge to host the final day of RW with Volbeat - SOAD. But lets just wait on new names maybe the undercard is great as well we'll see!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, pigital said:

But who says they take high-slots? Let's just wait and see. 

Lumineers will get a sub in the barn.
Keane will sub or headline the barn. 
Capaldi will play the Barn around 20h or main around 18-20.
Rag n Bone will play during the day at main stage. 
Dermot Kennedy will play around 19-20 in the Barn. 
Sum 41 gets an afternoon slot at main stage. 
Volbeat is sub for SOAD - (something to be announced)

I don't think you should be too afraid of them taking up too high slots of possible headliners. I believe Rock Werchter plays in a higher league than giving those bands high slots. 
Ofcourse just my take on it.
 

That list seems very feasible! Agreed

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, EV123 said:

I guess this is the worst they could do for me. 

Black Pumas and Meute, that's it for me. Paak is also nice, but he was there in 2018. 

Volbeat, Lumineers, Capaldi, Dermot Kennedy, Keane, Sum 41, Rag 'n' Bone Man are such a waste of the high slots (in my opinion off course). I really don't understand why some of these are still booked bij Werchter. I've given up completely on that Sunday MainStage. 

And really embarrassing that there is no female act on the line-up for the moment with 1/4 of the bands booked. 

Couldn’t agree more

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, The_Preach said:

But still kind of a nich festival not as much as Download or GMM but still. I'm sure their are huge but that huge to host the final day of RW with Volbeat - SOAD. But lets just wait on new names maybe the undercard is great as well we'll see!

volbeat was already subbing rock werchter in 2013. 7 years later and much more popular now they would suddenly drop a position? I just don't see it happening

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, pigital said:

But who says they take high-slots? Let's just wait and see. 

Lumineers will get a sub in the barn.
Keane will sub or headline the barn. 
Capaldi will play the Barn around 20h or main around 18-20.
Rag n Bone will play during the day at main stage. 
Dermot Kennedy will play around 19-20 in the Barn. 
Sum 41 gets an afternoon slot at main stage. 
Volbeat is sub for SOAD - (something to be announced)

I don't think you should be too afraid of them taking up too high slots of possible headliners. I believe Rock Werchter plays in a higher league than giving those bands high slots. 
Ofcourse just my take on it.
 

Oh, you don't think these are high slots? Keane as a sub or barn head is just ridiculous. They should have left them in 2012. Just as Sum 41. 

As I said, I understand they are popular and will take the higher slots. But for me, it's just sad to see. Moreover, all the names mentioned played in 17, 18 or even 19!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, EV123 said:

Oh, you don't think these are high slots? Keane as a sub or barn head is just ridiculous. They should have left them in 2012. Just as Sum 41. 

As I said, I understand they are popular and will take the higher slots. But for me, it's just sad to see. Moreover, all the names mentioned played in 17, 18 or even 19!

Do you then also feel the same about it with Pearl Jam? FNM? SOAD? Pixies? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, xydroh said:

volbeat was already subbing rock werchter in 2013. 7 years later and much more popular now they would suddenly drop a position? I just don't see it happening

Not drop, they will still be sub. But probably to two co-heads instead of one headliner. Both RW and Volbeat themselves don’t mention them ‘headlining’ in the announcements or on the socials. That, plus the fact that they are announced within a package of 12 names (did that ever happen with a (co-)headliner?) make me suspect they will sub and not headline. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, EV123 said:

Oh, you don't think these are high slots? Keane as a sub or barn head is just ridiculous. They should have left them in 2012. Just as Sum 41. 

As I said, I understand they are popular and will take the higher slots. But for me, it's just sad to see. Moreover, all the names mentioned played in 17, 18 or even 19!

Well, Keane have not played Werchter since 2007. So they don't really fit into that category.

Saw them on Monday at the AB and even though it was a bit long for my taste, I think they have the songs to be a good 60-min-or-so act in the late afternoon. I'm not sure they will headline or even sub the Barn.

Anyway, this is turning out pretty well imo.

Edited by VCF
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, SDNL said:

So, gun to your head, how many more headliners/subs do you think are still to come?

depends on what you count as headliners

barn closer is also technically barn “headliner”, if you count these, then we got some good big names still to come, expecting an announcement on “festival closer” as well where it says that specifically in the announcement 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, pigital said:

Do you then also feel the same about it with Pearl Jam? FNM? SOAD? Pixies? 

But these bands have a certain legacy? The bands I'm talking about are bands with one or maybe two hits 10 (or 20) years ago. They were probably fun to see back in the day, but they shouldn't be booked anymore by a major festival. And be honest, on which major festival in Europe are Keane and Sum 41 still on the bill? Pinkpop and certainly some German rock festivals will have Sum 41. 

I just feel that Werchter as one of the most prominent majors in the festival world is getting behind its competitors (and certainly the lack of female acts shows this for me). But I have the impression that I'm quite alone with this opinion, so I'll just accept these bands and if there are too many then there is always DTRH or Roskilde.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, EV123 said:

But these bands have a certain legacy? The bands I'm talking about are bands with one or maybe two hits 10 (or 20) years ago. They were probably fun to see back in the day, but they shouldn't be booked anymore by a major festival. And be honest, on which major festival in Europe are Keane and Sum 41 still on the bill? Pinkpop and certainly some German rock festivals will have Sum 41. 

I just feel that Werchter as one of the most prominent majors in the festival world is getting behind its competitors (and certainly the lack of female acts shows this for me). But I have the impression that I'm quite alone with this opinion, so I'll just accept these bands and if there are too many then there is always DTRH or Roskilde.  

It's just way too early to draw these kind of conclusions, both in regards to the balance new/old as concerning the number of female acts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...