6 minutes ago, zbo said:

the primavera topic is literally blowing up, apparently they are releasing the lineup sometime before a radio show scheduled for tomorrow 11am..so maybe this was what Jazebel was talking about! we may get something tomorrow or friday

Jazebel explicitely said that a lot would be happening for RW after this week.

I'm just expecting bigger Friday batches than usual and/or a long string of announcements starting mid next week. 

Edited by Dietediet

2 hours ago, Dietediet said:

Jazebel explicitely said that a lot would be happening for RW after this week.

I'm just expecting bigger Friday batches than usual and/or a long string of announcements starting mid next week. 

I honestly don't want them to do bigger batches, but rather release 6/7 names EVERY friday (not like last year..). Keeps the suspence going :)

20 minutes ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

Has anyone else got a worrying feeling now that we've had a problem/dropout and have had to had sort stuff last minute

The Strokes announced for Primavera. I hope they just had to wait for them?

And there are still so many open headline spots on other festivals close to Werchter (2 at Mad Cool, quiet some more at Roskilde, Open'er also need some headliner, DTRH misses one also ...), so, I wouldn't worry too much, yet! 

Just got this on Instagram. 

From Rock Werchters account.

Not showing on their website.

Screenshot_20200115-225050.png

Edited by Scarnic
Update info

6 minutes ago, Scarnic said:

Just got this on Instagram. 

From Rock Werchters account.

Not showing on their website.

Screenshot_20200115-225050.png

This was already announced, no?

14 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

This was already announced, no?

Apparently so Blackfoxx.

The announcements are from so long ago I've either forgotten who has been announced or temporarily lost interest.

1 hour ago, DDave said:

Must be in with a very good chance of being at RW, surely? 

I don't think so. They are not popular enough anymore to play Main Stage. They played Lokerse Feesten last year when they released a new album, so really don't think they will play Werchter this year then. 

I expect BICEP and Flume to be two of the dance names this year. 

52 minutes ago, EV123 said:

I expect BICEP and Flume to be two of the dance names this year. 

I must be really old (36) cause all I can say about those two bands is: WHO ?

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, DDave said:
Must be in with a very good chance of being at RW, surely? 

Someone on Festileaks says their attendance in 2015 was so low that RW is no longer willing to give in to their financial/poster demands. Given the good relationship between RW and CB, that must really mean something. 

CB are great live act, but unfortunately pretty much nobody under 35 years old cares about them nowdays, with most of kids completely not familiar with them.

1 hour ago, Andrej said:

CB are great live act, but unfortunately pretty much nobody under 35 years old cares about them nowdays, with most of kids completely not familiar with them.

I must say I was really disappointed about the live act as well. Had heard good things and were looking forward to it, but when you just turn on a visual show and that's it, I'm even reluctant to calling it an act. Even the worst DJ's manage to change up their show bit but TCB just came, pressed play, and were standing there for their alloted time. Really really poor, so I hope they don't spend a dime on them..

Not really true. I saw them 2 years ago at Dour Festival, the main stage was filled with -35 year olds & the atmosphere was better than RW 2015. However, I do agree that Rock Werchter will give preference to acts such as Flume & Disclosure these days. The CB have lost momentum a bit.

5 minutes ago, Altercreed said:

ok let's agree on the fact that if we have to get something chemical, a romance would be better than the brothers...  🤓🤓

Is there momentum expected on MCR anytime soon or are they just gonna carry on trailing things with cryptic imagery?

7 hours ago, Altercreed said:

ok let's agree on the fact that if we have to get something chemical, a romance would be better than the brothers...  🤓🤓

I like the wordplay, not the content... 😉

• Upvote 4

I was there last time CB played. I really enjoyed it but the show was very quiet. But so were Skrillex and Disclosure last time they closed the headlinerstage. Last time it was packed was Major Lazer in 2014. 

So Primavera announcing a first European Strokes show could mean the starting shot for a series of European headline slots. 

Is this it? Is this the week? 

Here’s some research I’ve done on a few acts and when they might be available for..

l.d. stands for last date before Werchter

1B7984E0-77C4-4858-9C86-C5184763F814.jpeg

Edited by frontsidecab
  • Upvote 5