9 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

My bets are on names who still have to come forward with European festival dates, i.e. The Strokes, Tame Impala or The Weeknd.

Possibly holding back on RHCP or KOL as an backup if other things don't work out. If they were plan A, they would've been announced by now.

Curious as to why we didn't get Volbeat yet. They seemed like a certainty for months, especially after all Graspop headline slots have been filled in. 

It does make you think it's either a band that hasn't announced as you say or something has gone wrong 

Edited by lightsnowpatrol

10 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Curious as to why we didn't get Volbeat yet. They seemed like a certainty for months, especially after all Graspop headline slots have been filled in. 

Sunday before SOAD?

I don’t know how much more we have to discuss until a few other festivals start dropping names.  I had expected Fridays headliner to be announced but looking at the empty slots on several other European festivals we are not alone. Either we are awaiting a big name, all of us, or something went wrong and each festival is looking to fill the gap? 

I’m wishing for The Strokes or RATM. I’m expecting RHCP/Foos/KoL. Then we are missing Foals, Wolf Alice, Cage the Elephant, etc. 

I’m actually more excited for the undercard, that’s the best part of RW for me, seeing new bands! 

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, IdleWild78 said:

I don’t know how much more we have to discuss until a few other festivals start dropping names.  I had expected Fridays headliner to be announced but looking at the empty slots on several other European festivals we are not alone. Either we are awaiting a big name, all of us, or something went wrong and each festival is looking to fill the gap? 

I’m wishing for The Strokes or RATM. I’m expecting RHCP/Foos/KoL. Then we are missing Foals, Wolf Alice, Cage the Elephant, etc.

Completely with you there! Don’t expect RATM to come over, so I’m still very much holding out for the Tame Impala / The Strokes combo on that Friday. I was expecting RHCP/Foos/KoL as well, but wouldn’t they have been announced by now? Can’t think of a reason for a delay there. 

On top of Foals, Wolf Alice and Cage, also still have hope for Vampire Weekend, Chemical Brothers, FKA Twigs, Michael Kiwanuka, Anderson .Paak and Angel Olsen. Has the potential of becoming one of the best and most varied lineups in a long time. 

Edited by visdave34

Opener , werchter, mad cool, NOS are all missing headliner and also some dropped out of pinkpop that made post Malone stand alone . The glass half empty in me says someone's dropped out and festivals are trying to sort something

On 12/14/2019 at 9:11 AM, SarahEmpre said:

Festileaks owners would play as dirty as they can for protecting the number of visits ot their site, and the money they get from advertisers. This time you’ve gone even further. Always the same history with you, guys. 

I think I am well capable of reacting to this. I have been working with Festileaks for three years but have stopped for some years now. Festileaks only has very few people working there that even get money most people are volunteers that just love festivals. Its not big business, its still mainly a (prossefional) hobby. Advertising revenues are not that big. 

So maybe a kind suggestion to stop being so ignorant ?

• Upvote 1

So, is this it for 2019? 

Are we still awaiting something till Christmas? 

Would like to decide, whether I come around just for a day (FNM) or the whole 4 days. I might have to be patient for another 6-8 weeks... 

Based on previous years announcement scheme I'd wait till January 10th.

G n'R are THE most logical Friday headliner since they're NOT Benelux exclusive at Pinkpop. So the announce wait should be for Dutch fest to sell tickets.

Sunday is a wild guess. IF G n' R are indeed coming I can't see Foo Fighters closing the festival. 3 "long-set" bands for 4 days would be too much. I'm speculating about Sunday cause I don't believe SOAD (with all due respect) are the "fireworks" band. So we're still missing one big name.

To sum up: I think so far the line-up is REALLY good, if FNM clash with Kendrick and Pixies DON'T clash with Pearl Jam it'll be great timetable. Based on what @Ken19 said before the exodus we should probably expect Foals &  Kiwanuka. Adding Sum 41 & MCR would be icing on my cake.

Edited by heti
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, heti said:

if FNM clash with Kendrick.

That would the hell.

Kendrick and Faith No More two biggest must-sees (together woth Thom) out of the announced names thus far. Missing one would be heartbreaking. But can't see it happening though. Main will probably close with FNM - TOP - KL. And even if FNM closes the Barn (which I highly doubt), then Kendrick will play afterwards. Barn heads very rarely clash with the last main stage headliner.

1 hour ago, brightside23 said:

Considering Frusciante is back with RHCP, let's hope they've been booked. 

Let's hope not....

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Gossard said:

Let's hope not....

If RHCP have been booked for the sunday while Thom Yorke and FKA Twigs are closing The Barn and Klub C, I think that would please different kinds of people.

My hope for the sunday would be something like:

Red Hot Chili Peppers - System of A Down - Incubus - Foals - Yungblud - Gojira - Newcomer Act

Could Frusciante's return be the cause for the delay of new RHCP show announcements? I think Ken mentioned they were in the cards a few weeks ago, but he hasn't heard something new. So maybe they just want to play the already announced shows until Lyon to see how it works and play the rest of europe later this year or even next year?

Here's my 'prediction', though I'm not strong on belgian acts and my taste leans more so to modern music so this will be less balanced than what we get.

I just have no idea who the Pearl Jam sub could be? Haven't seen a great deal of talk about it, who do you guys think it could be?

rw2020prediction.png

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, frontsidecab said:

Here's my 'prediction', though I'm not strong on belgian acts and my taste leans more so to modern music so this will be less balanced than what we get.

I just have no idea who the Pearl Jam sub could be? Haven't seen a great deal of talk about it, who do you guys think it could be?

rw2020prediction.png

PJ don't need a sub. You forgot Foos 

1 minute ago, pete76 said:

Well someone has to play before them, what do you mean ?

Can't see it'll be Foo Fighters this year but who knows maybe they'll be the Friday headliner or go after SOAD on Sunday.

4 minutes ago, pete76 said:

Of course they do. Last time Jack White (headliner elsewhere) played before them. The time before that Black Keys.

8 minutes ago, frontsidecab said:

rw2020prediction.png

This would be the lineup of the year for me. So many excellent names.

That friday seems too good to be true.

Some tiny adjustments: I would place Wilco/ FKA Twigs on the second line and Supergrass/The Streets on the 3rd. And a small RHCP typo. But I love this one. Well done. ?

Edited by lighthouse

1 minute ago, lighthouse said:

This would be the lineup of the year for me. So many excellent names.

That friday seems too good to be true.

Funny, not one band that I'd be bothered to see on that Friday....

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Of course they do. Last time Jack White (headliner elsewhere) played before them. The time before that Black Keys.

So true! I also remember Arcade Fire playing before PJ in 2010. Good times=) 

2 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Funny, not one band that I'd be bothered to see on that Friday....

Indie darling day. Strokes, Tame Impala, Vampire Weekend, Foals, Haim, Angel Olsen. Heaven.

1 minute ago, lighthouse said:

Indie darling day. Strokes, Tame Impala, Vampire Weekend, Foals, Haim, Angel Olsen. Heaven.

Not my type of music....and only four bands there I'd be really bothered to see, Pearl Jam, System of a Down, Faith no More and Gojira....maybe five with Pixies!   

1 minute ago, Gossard said:

Not my type of music....and only four bands there I'd be really bothered to see, Pearl Jam, System of a Down, Faith no More and Gojira....maybe five with Pixies!   

You only like rock music?

So many must sees here. Don't even know where to start. Strokes, Tame Impala, Faith No More, Kendrick, Thom Yorke, FKA Twigs, Pixies, Wilco, Vampire Weekend, Angel Olsen, Anderson Paak, Supergrass, Kiwanuka, Caribou, Wolf Alice,...

But this would be too good to be true.