Any chance at all of Faith No More doing RW as well? Or GnR if available?

I mean, I'm assuming the focus for the remaining headliners is/was the Strokes, RHCP and Tame Impala, but just checking if Ken has any cool stories to share. ?

13 minutes ago, brightside23 said:

Any chance at all of Faith No More doing RW as well? Or GnR if available?

I mean, I'm assuming the focus for the remaining headliners is/was the Strokes, RHCP and Tame Impala, but just checking if Ken has any cool stories to share. ?

Off course no FNM

• Like 1

Ideally, Tame would perform after Kendrick Lamar. Fits really well together I think although musically being completely different, its attracts the same typemof public. Dream combination for me at least. Seems to small to top the bill on friday but would still be well deserved. Strokes on friday with Tame Impala would be great too.

I do think however RHCP/Foo's/KoL will definetly be the friday headliner. If I could pick it would be KoL, its been quiet a while now.

27 minutes ago, Verminkt said:

Ideally, Tame would perform after Kendrick Lamar. Fits really well together I think although musically being completely different, its attracts the same typemof public. Dream combination for me at least. Seems to small to top the bill on friday but would still be well deserved. Strokes on friday with Tame Impala would be great too.

I do think however RHCP/Foo's/KoL will definetly be the friday headliner. If I could pick it would be KoL, its been quiet a while now.

That would be amazing but I think Kendrick Lamar will demand to close the mainstage. It's on a saturday so I think if that day has Kendrick, Twenty One Pilots and a decent sized sub, ticket sales will be fine.

My prediction/wishlist:
Thursday: Royal Blood - Pearl Jam
Friday: Tame Impala - The Strokes
Saturday: Alt-J/Anderson .Paak - Twenty One Pilots - Kendrick Lamar
Sunday: SOAD - Foo Fighters

4 minutes ago, ThijsDB said:

That would be amazing but I think Kendrick Lamar will demand to close the mainstage. It's on a saturday so I think if that day has Kendrick, Twenty One Pilots and a decent sized sub, ticket sales will be fine.

My prediction/wishlist:

That Friday is all I need. It’ll have me buying tickets in a heartbeat. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, ThijsDB said:

My lawd, that friday would be heavenly. 

Probably no Tame Impale for RW 2020, Although there is a gap between June 12th and July 17th... But it seems they do a concert tour instead of a festival tour.Tame-Impala-tourschema-1-1024x1024.jpeg

Edited by The_Preach

43 minutes ago, The_Preach said:

Probably no Tame Impale for RW 2020, Although there is a gap between June 12th and July 17th... But it seems they do a concert tour instead of a festival tour.Tame-Impala-tourschema-1-1024x1024.jpeg

Band logic, you can in this case read between the lines: festivals. Otherwise they would tour one period without a gap. Examples enough.

1 hour ago, visdave34 said:

My prediction/wishlist:

I was so underwhelmed by the announcements so far but this sorta speculation, and the evidence that supports it so far has suddenly made me a lot more excited. Even swapping foos with, RHCP as Ken said they were in talks, would make this look so good. Plus Idles and an equally exciting undercard, this could actually be an amazing year. 

27 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

Given they are coming to Europe in May (London - All Points East) I'm guessing Tame Impala can be all but ruled out for now.

Yeah, this North American tour and the RW sized hole in them and they're doing All Points East shows they're in Europe which means that despite them 'focusing' on arenas as Ken said previously, Werchter could be an exception! Them plus the strokes Cohead and an undercard with Glass Animals (also playing APE) the Friday has the potential to be unreal. I feel like Strokes/Tame have a nice overlap in fans (me included) so they could curate a decent day around similar bands and some nice alternatives in Barn.

Hello to you all ! 
Been a reader of this forum for a while now... Time to step in I guess :) 

Heard something about Gwen Stefani... 

She plays in Swiss on the 11/07. What do you think ? 

Edited by kilero

19 minutes ago, turnero said:

Tame Impala are doing UK festival in late May...
Maybe there is european arena tour right before it?

Than it would it have been announced already. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, kilero said:

Heard something about Gwen Stefani... 
She plays in Swiss on the 11/07. What do you think ? 

Although I actually had very fun and drunk time at P!nk this year, there was so much backlash on the Thursday I don't think Rock Werchter would repeat the same mistakes again; plus I'm sure that day sold really badly, perhaps @Ken19 could confirm

I could only see her doing a Barn Headline against SOAD or Pearl Jam for example but I doubt she'd accept that. Just those three names on one lineup doesn't seem right. Also, is she even a big name outside the US? Kylie played mid day Barn last year if I'm not mistaken, deffo didn't headline it, and I swear that she is a bigger name than Stefani right? I will happily be told I'm wrong over that mind you, I think Kylie has mad popular in the UK with big hits in the past so I might be more biased but can't remember the last time I heard Gwen Stefani on the radio bar Great Escape. 

Edited by RUMINE

Yes I'm starting to get very positive on Tame Impala. If they are doing festivals and that seems very likely, Rock Werchter is the kind of festival that definetly has them. Kendrick and Tame as headliners would be like the best possible scenario for me, sick and tired of the same big rock bands headlining over and over again and these two are the ones that were so brilliant when I saw them at Glastonbury and Lowlands they will ace it. 

Edited by Verminkt
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, RUMINE said:

Although I actually had very fun and drunk time at P!nk this year, there was so much backlash on the Thursday I don't think Rock Werchter would repeat the same mistakes again; plus I'm sure that day sold really badly, perhaps @Ken19 could confirm

I could only see her doing a Barn Headline against SOAD or Pearl Jam for example but I doubt she'd accept that. Just those three names on one lineup doesn't seem right. Also, is she even a big name outside the US? Kylie played mid day Barn last year if I'm not mistaken, deffo didn't headline it, and I swear that she is a bigger name than Stefani right? I will happily be told I'm wrong over that mind you, I think Kylie has mad popular in the UK with big hits in the past so I might be more biased but can't remember the last time I heard Gwen Stefani on the radio bar Great Escape. 

Kylie headlined the barn. 

7 minutes ago, Aech said:

Kylie headlined the barn. 

My bad sorry! Maybe Gwen Stefani could pay I guess if she would take that slot? Not sure she would though and with talks of decent headliners like Tame Impala now I hope they don't fill a spot with her.

38 minutes ago, RUMINE said:

Of course Pink wasn't the headliner a lot of the hardcore RW fans wanted, but wasn't the backlash just as much (or maybe even more) about cutting the day in half?

The waiting is going to be agony.... 

Surprised we don’t have the Friday headliner but I have learned from this forum that it’s usual for many names not to be finalised at this stage. I thought 80% were locked well before any announcements. 

49 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

No more new names normally in 2020. We'll have to wait till january. 

I think I liked your previous suggestion more... with announcements coming wednesday and friday...

• Upvote 2