Rock Werchter 2020

4 minutes ago, TheKiewitGuy said:

Hoping Kendrick headlining means he has new music coming out soon as well. Already saw him twice on the DAMN. tour.

he could have a few new songs out by next summer, but i honestly think that he would prioritize touring US when  a new album comes out - that's what most of the north american rappers do

Edited by neacaisa

@Ken19 @Kusy Do you know what the crack is with The Strokes, was that poster HAIM posted real but they are waiting to announce them or? Looks like they can do Mad Cool, Werchter etc. so are the festivals waiting for permission or have the band pulled out?

1 hour ago, xydroh said:

I think it would be best for everyones sake if MCR played lotto arena or sportpaleis, that way they play a long set, MCR fans happy, non MCR fans happy

MCR wouldn’t sell out de Sportpaleis in Belgium, at all. I’m surprised by how many people that see this as a big band. They’re a bit like Biffy, I guess. Big in the UK, not that well known in Belgium. 

Extremely happy with Kendrick Lamar by the way! (As some people in here might have guessed) Predicting new music too. He’s been silent for a while and it seems like he’s embarking on a major tour next year. 

I have to say there’s enough variation in the realised names so far. Love that!

Edited by lighthouse

6 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

MCR wouldn’t sell out de Sportpaleis in Belgium, at all. I’m surprised by how many people that see this as a big band. They’re a bit like Biffy, I guess. Big in the UK, not that well known in Belgium. 

They could probably still take on Forest/Lotto Arena, but I highly doubt they'd sell out. 

Anyway, the conclusion is clear: if they're aiming high for their reunion shows, RW is out of the picture. 

50 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Nothing special. I know announcements of them with no clue in it, the next day we’ve got a new name.

I don't get what you are saying? You mean they won't announce anything special this year anymore? 

I don't really care if its going to be RHCP/KoL/FF's, all I want is The Strokes haha. Its the only headliner I have never got the chance to see because they never play in Belgium or Netherlands.

14 minutes ago, everest said:

Does anyone know about soad, is it werchter last date of their tour? 

I think Ken mentioned this somewhere else, it makes sense because they are playing RW even after their spain/portugal shows.

@ Verminkt: he means they don't need a clue in their latest announcement to throw something out just the other day.

5 minutes ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

I hope we can get a really really strong Sub for the Saturday. I like both Kendrick and Twenty One Pilots but they tend to have rather short festival sets (70-80 min) and I guess both won't have a full new album out by june/july.

I would guess Anderson Paak might be a sub for this. Or maybe the act below the sub. He killed it at Pukkelpop/Lowlands apparently.

As for Kendrick: it wouldn’t surprise me if he’ll play new music by then. He’s been quiet as of late, which usually means writing/studio time. 

2 hours ago, Groump said:

Someone on festileaks said aardschok's facebook page said Gojira will be at werchter can anyone confirm this?

Imagine putting on Gojira followed by SOAD, you'll need a bloody string headliner after that.( Don't think KOL fits the bill)

3 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Tomorrow continue the announcements at 16h? Or is it still Monday?
Or now just after Christmas? ?

Werchter never announces on weekends. Probably it will continue next week, not necessarily on Monday, but I doubt they will keep the Friday completely blank till next year.