Rock Werchter 2020

23 minutes ago, MrTobs said:

I guess Coldplay is not a possibility anymore. I think an embargo is the reason why they haven't announced the Friday headliner yet, so I'm still hoping for The Strokes, they could be the missing headliner at Roskilde, Mad Cool, Rock Werchter, maybe NOS Alive etc.

The Strokes would be an amazing announcement !

Hi all! Festival ambassador here! Let me know if you want a discount in the tickets. Price with the discount is 225+10€ or 95+10€. I went last 3 years to the the festival. So if you are new, I can provide with you with all the info and tips to fully enjoy the festival (and save money if you want). Things like camping, transport, food, etc.

Edited by jcabmar

3 minutes ago, Jefferke said:

You'll recieve it at home. 

3 minutes ago, Ni&co said:

Exactly, you get it in your mailbox a few weeks after payment (idk if international fees apply) 

I paid over 3.50 € additional shipping costs. I'm afraid they sent it a week before the Festival and didn't arrive in time for Portugal.
But will I have only that note or will I also have a bracelet?
This is my first trip to RW.

10 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

I paid over 3.50 € additional shipping costs. I'm afraid they sent it a week before the Festival and didn't arrive in time for Portugal.
But will I have only that note or will I also have a bracelet?
This is my first trip to RW.

I doubt they'll wait until the week before to send it. I think you'll get a bracelet anyways since you have to scan that to get in ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrTobs said:

I guess Coldplay is not a possibility anymore. I think an embargo is the reason why they haven't announced the Friday headliner yet, so I'm still hoping for The Strokes, they could be the missing headliner at Roskilde, Mad Cool, Rock Werchter, maybe NOS Alive etc.

Strokes are not going to play werchter.

3 minutes ago, thetime said:

They've never played in Belgium, I dont see a reason why they suddenly have any standing in Belgium to headline a huge festival like werchter.

Maybe because it would be the first time you could see The Strokes in Belgium haha.

I don't know, maybe you're right, but I can see them being a co-headliner. Are they really smaller than Gorillaz, Jack White or Queens of the Stone Age in Belgium?

14 minutes ago, thetime said:

They've never played in Belgium, I dont see a reason why they suddenly have any standing in Belgium to headline a huge festival like werchter.

Well they played in 2002 (AB) actually, but I get your point. It's been almost 20 years. Would still be a really nice surprise though.

The same was being said about the Killers , that they are not big enough in Belgium to headline or even sub Werchter, in 2017 when they were still a possibility to sub either Radiohead or Foos. And then they came next year and outright headlined with London Grammar subbing (!!!). You don't really know if the band's national status  matters more than the international one... 

1 minute ago, neacaisa said:

The same was being said about the Killers , that they are not big enough in Belgium to headline or even sub Werchter, in 2017 when they were still a possibility to sub either Radiohead or Foos. And then they came next year and outright headlined with London Grammar subbing (!!!). You don't really know if the band's national status  matters more than the international one... 

Well according to the yearly debate about Biffy Clyro (and Editors for that matter) domestic seems to be the main thing here. 

It would however be nice to now what share of the audience that are foreign vs domestic.

• Like 1

for Biffy it matters a lot because it's not a cheap band, but not really a headliner.

but the number of bands that can headline and are touring is much more limited than the names that can play 4th down on main or headline the Barn. 

Edited by neacaisa

Just now, neacaisa said:

for Biffy it matters a lot because it's not a cheap band, but not really a headliner.

but the number of bands that can headline and are touring is much more limited than the names that can play 4th down on main or headline the Barn. 

yeah I know, but I doubt that The Killers were cheap either so it's pretty much the same thing..