Rock Werchter 2020

1 minute ago, Red Day said:

The dates are from various years. I’m assuming it’s the locations for 2020 on the video. Delighted they’re playing 

Not quite. Austria is gonna be Vienna not Nova Rock. 

No Prague but Krakow in July. Also Waldbuhne in Berlin. 

4 minutes ago, Kusy said:

Not quite. Austria is gonna be Vienna not Nova Rock. 

No Prague but Krakow in July. Also Waldbuhne in Berlin. 

Ach well, as long as they play RW , I’m very happy and makes my mind up about my 2020 euro jaunt

So Kendrick Lamar and Twenty One Pilots are two headliners I truly don't care about/would love them to stay away. But as it's gonna be exactly the opposite, I do hope for great Barn rock headliners that day (Pixies for example)

On the other hand, Kenny seems to have an hour long show, I'd throw him Thursday as late night act after PJ. Rockers would go back to sleep, everyone else would have a blast :P

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, heti said:

So Kendrick Lamar and Twenty One Pilots are two headliners I truly don't care about/would love them to stay away. But as it's gonna be exactly the opposite, I do hope for great Barn rock headliners that day (Pixies for example)

On the other hand, Kenny seems to have an hour long show, I'd throw him Thursday as late night act after PJ. Rockers would go back to sleep, everyone else would have a blast :P

That sums up the perfect evening for me as an old rocker ?

9 minutes ago, Apocalyptica said:

Lollapalooza Paris announces in 10 min. Guys think it's pearl jam? maybe rock werchter announces at the same time. I am okay to watch pearl jam again but kendrick lamar and 21 pilots are definitely not my thing. 

Pearl Jam will be lovely, they really love Werchter, Kendrick should play a hip hop fest imo, and TOP should stick to their own shows, which are very good, but it doesn't translate very well to festivals. Plus that TOP clique is probably the worst imaginable crowd at a festival, looking at what happened during Johnny Marr at Sziget this year

This announcement was super strange, I am so used to seeing everything published exactly on time, here the website had pearl jam in the lineup section more than 30 minutes ago and the announcement wasn't made at exactly 11 am haha! Anyway great name, but they didn't seem as perfectly organized as they usually do.

1 hour ago, lighthouse said:

Pearl Jam. Meh. Good band (if Vedder isn't drunk), but tired of them.

Hoping for a great Barn headliner that day, and a more exciting second announcement.

You are spoiled having Pearl Jam so often. Most festivals would go a long way to have them just once or twice. In Denmark it is straight out impossible to get them to a festival after the accident in 2000. I've seen my fair share of PJ concerts and Vedder can surely pull of some great concerts even after a big chunk of wine. Furthermore they play such a varied setlist. I understand why you can't recycle some headlining acts as they are playing the same songs over and over. 

It is almost a festival exclusive as it is only Werchter and Lollapaloza getting them this stretch. I really want to go see them at a festival again, but Werchter always collides with Roskilde. That leaves Lollapaloza France as the only option.

It is fine that you do not want to see them, but I object to calling it a "meh" booking :)   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1