3 hours ago, xydroh said:

Mcr replaced a band that year, so the position doesn't really reflect how popular they were then. 2 year before that they played 3rd on mainstage (out of 7 acts)

Still firmly believe that MCR is a subheadliner

MCR were at their commercial peak in 2007, after releasing The Black Parade.

0% chance RW is giving away a sub spot to them. A similar slot to Weezer this year is the best they'll do.

No need to throw tantrums just yet. By this time next week, Rock Werchter's bill will pretty much look more promising than Mad Cool's already. (To be fair, it does now already, too, but you know what I mean).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Jazebel said:

No need to throw tantrums just yet. By this time next week, Rock Werchter's bill will pretty much look more promising than Mad Cool's already. (To be fair, it does now already, too, but you know what I mean).

Is that to say we will have similar number of bands announced or just a better of quality announced

12 minutes ago, Jefferke said:

The Killers ruled out, they join Paul McCartney on TW Classic. 

This is huge, two Glasto-heads on the same day, didn't see that coming at all.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Jefferke said:

The Killers ruled out, they join Paul McCartney on TW Classic. 

That is massive for one day, the fact that werchter have kept ellish, killers, Taylor swift and Paul McCartney seperate from the main festival surely must be a good sign that we ha e strong names 

28 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Pearl Jam at Rock Werchter on the July 2nd or July 3rd

Source: Alternative Nation

Source is PJ forum, not alternative nation, most clickbait site in the world.

Imola is on july 5th, so werchter must be july 2nd

Btw, they are teasing on social networks with short video "soon" and that's confirming what Ken said about announcement on week of 2nd December, and Pearl Jam tour announcement next friday

Edited by everest
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jazebel said:

Yeah, it is very promising ?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Yeah, it is very promising ?

Can you only tell if there are any big acts to be announced next week that haven't yet announced anything else in Europe (Pearl Jam excluded ;) )?

Edited by mln

@Ken19  Just realized Sticky Fingers have been announced for Mad Cool and they're my #1 act to see right now, please give me a sign they might play Werchter, anything... haha

2 hours ago, Jazebel said:

Glad to hear! It’m the most curious about the non-rock headliners. Here’s to some nice surprises! 

7 minutes ago, Kusy said:

Pearl Jam annoucement on Monday?

Somewhere next week. There are some rumours about festivals announcing them shortly before the whole tour rolls out. So i expect some festivals next week and on friday the whole tour..

Edited by MK1

It makes sense that they will start with Pearl Jam. The same day is their main media partner Studio Brussels announcing the details of their charity event (very big in Belgium) and normally they will never announce the same day. Only when a very big name (who is the boss in such cases) wants to announce. 

Yes, as said before, next week is the week. But before you ask, I don't know when they will announce which name. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

It makes sense that they will start with Pearl Jam. The same day is their main media partner Studio Brussels announcing the details of their charity event (very big in Belgium) and normally they will never announce the same day. Only when a very big name (who is the boss in such cases) wants to announce. 

Yes, as said before, next week is the week. But before you ask, I don't know when they will announce which name. 

Keep doing the good work and thanks for all you do here Ken, it's very much appreciated. It's great to be able to talk and have the insight of someone inside the business. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MK1 said:

Somewhere next week. There are some rumours about festivals announcing them shortly before the whole tour rolls out. So i expect some festivals next week and on friday the whole tour..

it was a rhetorical question ;)