Rock Werchter 2020

2 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

I wasn't necessarily centering in on Pearl Jam...... i was using them as an example.

Too many festivals booking the same bands these days. Some bands who have not released anything worth listening to in years (not PJ) , IF anything at all!

There are too many festivals... 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

My first time going to RW loved this:

Tame Impala / The Strokes / Foals / My Chemical Romance

Rage Against the Machine / System of a Down / Kasabian / Royal Blood / 

Coldplay /  Pixies / Cigarret after Sex / kings of leon

Green Day / Black Keys / Lana Del Rey / Editors

Green Day, Black Keys impossible. 

Editors, KOL hopefully not. 

I doubt that Lana will tour in the Werchter period.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ken19 said:

Green Day , They are in america on July 17 . Last date in europe is 3 days before RW starts.
Last year here in Portugal the band Bush was in the USA came to Portugal to give a concert and returned to USA.
Why impossible the Black Keys?

1 hour ago, Ken19 said:

Lana is already doing we love green festival in Paris in early June, she could easily stick around for this

1 minute ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Green Day , They are in america on July 17 . Last date in europe is 3 days before RW starts.
Last year here in Portugal the band Bush was in the USA came to Portugal to give a concert and returned to USA.

Black Keys pulled out of all their EU dates, so even if they were booked they aint now

20 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Green Day already plays in Belgium that period. So - luckily - they are ruled out. 

A bit afraid of the early date for Lana at We Love Green. She normally doesn't stay long in Europe, so I think she is very unlikely now. 

26 minutes ago, brightside23 said:

So while we are still waiting - does RATM being potentially available make SOAD less likely? Would Werchter be open to have 2 metal (co-) headliners in one year at this point in time when other festivals are going more pop? 

I see SOAD doing Graspop as they did RW last time, so they were never really likely to me. Really wonder if RATM are doing Europe in 2020. Gut feeling says no, but the complete disbandment of PoR seems to suggest otherwise...

4 minutes ago, RubenFrusciante said:

"Nine inch nailed"
All jokes aside, 100%.

Grand, I've just placed an outside bet on them for Glastonbury the week before seeing as they're one of the founders favourite bands of all time

PJ usually announced in Dec? or in the new year?

Edited by CJTM

Just now, CJTM said:

Grand, I've just placed an outside bet on them for Glastonbury the week before seeing as they're one of the founders favourite bands of all time

PJ usually announced in Dec? or in the new year?

Can't see them on Glastonbury. 2014 and 2018 Euro tours were announced early December. 

3 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

They have been ruled out for Glastonbury by the same insider who confirmed them for 2020 on their message board.

If it's the Greek guy, don't think he has that much inside info, PJ tend to do the same cycle, so you can predict where they will be on most EU routes, i.e. Werchter

4 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Will Deftones announced at Mad Cool in Spain be possible for RW? ?

They could! For a reason I understand, Graspop have never booked them when they're on tour during Summer (they only played once, in 1998). The band play a club-show or don't play in Belgium.

So here comes my wishlist (been to RW since 1991 12 times)

Neil Young

The Jesus and Mary Chain

Pixies
Peter Hook

Just Jack

Kraftwerk

Smashing Pumpkins

BMX Bandits

Dinosaur Jr

Lemonheads

The Flaming Lips

The Fugees

Guns n Roses

Pulp

Jamiroquai

Noel Gallager

Pavement

Redd Kross

Uffie

Violent Fammes

Paul Weller

Wilco

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HerrBuergermeister said:

So here comes my wishlist (been to RW since 1991 12 times)

Neil Young

The Jesus and Mary Chain

Pixies
Peter Hook

Just Jack

Kraftwerk

Smashing Pumpkins

BMX Bandits

Dinosaur Jr

Lemonheads

The Flaming Lips

The Fugees

Guns n Roses

Pulp

Jamiroquai

Noel Gallager

Pavement

Redd Kross

Uffie

Violent Fammes

Paul Weller

Wilco

At least 1 (or 2) + maybe the brother of 1

15 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

I think Firenze Rocks is going to announce the RHCP. As explained in the corresponding thread. PJ won‘t play Firenze according to rumors.

I didn't see it, sorry. But if it's RHCP, it would be the best news of the week!

PEARL JAM / Tame Impala / Deftones / Black Rebel Motorcycle Club / The Struts / Sick Puppies

RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS / Foals / Pixies / Wolf Alice / The Hives / While She Sleeps

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE / SYSTEM OF A DOWN / A Day To Remember / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Babymetal / Dropkick Murphys

THE STROKES / Twenty One Pilots / Alt-J / Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals / Yungblud

• Like 5