22 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Yeah but the combo Passenger - Bonobo was also not strong enough... Sometimes you have no other choice.

I wonder why we didn't get Woodkid? There is still no belgian date and he is playing Europe all across the RW weekend.

Gwen Stefani as a Subheadliner and Woodkid closing the Barn would be a nice way to round up the Friday.

2 hours ago, Dietediet said:

Gwen Stefani would be far from a strong subheadliner... Then they might as well bring in Royal Blood or Editors.

Gwen is probably more of a Barn headliner with RB opening for The Strokes

2 hours ago, IdleWild78 said:

Come hell or high water or Coronavirus, I plan to be on the meadow for RW! Excited to see what other acts can be signed 🤟

Fuck yeah! Thats the spirit!

14 hours ago, Wepe said:

Just heard om Dutch TV: Pearl Jam to cancel Ziggodome shows in july... 

Has somebody already told the band?

Bands won't cancel summer shows until may at least. And if summer fest gets cancaled in 3 months we're all fucked either way :D

There’s no need for us to think about possible cancellations for summer festivals and shows. The authorities are closely looking at the situation and don’t even know themselves how things will evolve. IF the festival is going to be cancelled we’ll know end of may or in June, no way they’ll cancel it before then. In China it’s getting better, it was there for 3 months but the authorities were slow to react. In Europe we’ve reacted way quicker so let’s hope in 2-3 months time things will be better.

For now, all we can do, is wash your hands over and over and over again and stay at home! Don’t give people hands or hugs, don’t invite people over to your house and keep distance at work if possible. That’s how we can stop the virus and how we can make sure we can Rock at Werchter in July! Stay safe 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Nicklord said:

Bands won't cancel summer shows until may at least. And if summer fest gets cancaled in 3 months we're all fucked either way :D

This is the same band cancelling their 2016 festival tour over the Paris attacks though. Pearl Jam has been known to be very sensitive when it comes to crowd safety ever since Roskilde.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, iliandl said:

In China it’s getting better, it was there for 3 months but the authorities were slow to react. In Europe we’ve reacted way quicker so let’s hope in 2-3 months time things will be better.

Sorry, but in no way whatsoever were Europe quicker to react. If anything, we were far, far slower than a lot of the Far East.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mrface19 said:

Sorry, but in no way whatsoever were Europe quicker to react. If anything, we were far, far slower than a lot of the Far East.

and even still with less desperate measures.. 

• Like 2

Cigarettes After Sex cancelling their UK & Europe tour... that means Rock Werchter too right? :(

Edit: Never mind I see the shows are cancelled till the festivals in June 

8497D77C-0DBB-4BD5-B5E7-B7F208161094.jpeg

Edited by Manon*

Glasto cancelled, really wondering what impact it will have on other summer fests, but logical and good decision from the glasto crew.

I think anyone expecting festivals to happen in 3 to 4 months time is VERY optimistic. 

Any announcements form the festivals should come sooner rather than later, saving them spending more time, effort and working hours on something that's simply not going to happen.

Glastonburys reason was that although things may have cleared up by end of June, they need thousands of workers to make it happen before then and to continue would put all of these workers at risk.

I know other festivals are not to the same scale as Glasto but.....it's common sense

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, polnico said:

Glasto cancelled, really wondering what impact it will have on other summer fests, but logical and good decision from the glasto crew.

Gigs are all cancelling or being moved. If Werchter doesn't cancel itself, the bands all pulling out will put paid to it. I just hope it's sooner rather than later, so I can get my refund.

1 hour ago, Padjeq said:

Gigs are all cancelling or being moved. If Werchter doesn't cancel itself, the bands all pulling out will put paid to it. I just hope it's sooner rather than later, so I can get my refund.

Bit egocentrical to just think about getting a refund at this point no? 

• Downvote 1

I think it’s natural to hope that we get our money back if the event doesn’t go ahead. Many are under extra financial pressures due to this extended spell of downtime and closures. 

I still hope we are going ahead! 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, pigital said:

No.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, jonnytee1 said:

I think anyone expecting festivals to happen in 3 to 4 months time is VERY optimistic. 

Any announcements form the festivals should come sooner rather than later, saving them spending more time, effort and working hours on something that's simply not going to happen.

Glastonburys reason was that although things may have cleared up by end of June, they need thousands of workers to make it happen before then and to continue would put all of these workers at risk.

I know other festivals are not to the same scale as Glasto but.....it's common sense

This! For example, I think Nova Rock in Austria starts with building stages and other about 10 days before.

Werchter starts building much weeks before already. There are strong rumours that werchter will not happen this year. Some sponsors already know this but can not spread the word yet. 

Absolutely no chance any event takes place in June or July this year. Soon enough big bands will start announcing tour cancellation, Pearl Jam first one of them i guess, and that will lead to festivals slowly following with announcements.

23 hours ago, pigital said:

My girlfriend just lost her job this morning thanks to covid killing the events industry temporarily. No, it's not egocentric to be thinking about getting some much needed money back on something we won't be going to.

Edited by BenG92
  • Upvote 1