Just get it done with Biffy. They played Lollapalooza Paris last year in the afternoon. They can headline smaller Festivals in Germany. And by the way, they are great. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, clavious said:

Just get it done with Biffy. They played Lollapalooza Paris last year in the afternoon. They can headline smaller Festivals in Germany. And by the way, they are great. 

No

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ken19 said:

No

They would have to play around 3pm Main Stage right? Like Stereophonics and The 1975 in previous years who are also UK headliners everywhere they go.

I guess they’re just not willing to accept that, just like Kasabian.

2 hours ago, Oleksii said:

Strange that RW haven't invited King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard after their two sold-out October's shows in Brussel  🤔

They are on their wishlist, but have you seen their schedule? 

King Gizzard is one of my bucketlist bands for RW. They can play a legendary show in one of the tenths. 

• Upvote 2

On 2/17/2020 at 9:09 AM, BenG92 said:

Bear in mind if we get Green Day we'll have to endure songs from their latest album, which is the audio equivalent of a war crime

No room for hyperbole there.

Though I assumed as the Hella Mega tour with FOB and Weezer is playing Antwerp that Werchter is a no-go for GD.

On 2/17/2020 at 10:05 AM, Blaxey said:

I saw them in Madrid when they did a special concert before the Mtv sevilla show. It was all dookie but they played the song of father of all... and live is fucking nice ( I hate the filter voice of the studio version).

I imagine its better live.

I have similar expectations for that new Biffy Clyro song. It sounds like it could work well live, but on record, it sounds a bit too heavily processed for my liking.

That Biffy song and that Green Day album may just be the 2 worst music related things released this year. 

Especially that Biffy song is setting the bar very low. Sounds like a song The Script would’ve thrown away.

Edited by lighthouse

2 hours ago, Ken19 said:

They are on their wishlist, but have you seen their schedule? 

King Gizzard is one of my bucketlist bands for RW. They can play a legendary show in one of the tenths. 

yeah, and I'd say a bit strange schedule. Especially given that they have several shows in Europe then one in the USA and then again they beck in a month to Europe. 🤔

Anyway, their shows and music like a gulp of fresh air in the music world. 

Edited by Oleksii

Lets just get Gojira til headline the Barn on the Friday, they won't draw the same crowd as the Strokes anyway. I have absolutely no doubt that Gojira in the Barn will be the best act I've seen in my 11 times at Werchter 😎 

• Like 1

I just noted that Goldfrapp are having a 20th anniversary tour for Felt Mountain. No European dates announced yet (except UK). Would be awesome to see her in the Barn! Dont know if Goldfrapp are big in Belgium though..

• Like 2

any chance for Infectious Grooves/Suicidal Tendencies? playing on hellfest but for now not on graspop or anywhere in Belgium.. 

what about Supergrass and Paul Weller? 

@Ken19 or @Jazebel , any chance that whatever is about to be announced for MC will also appear on Werchter's friday ? I feel like Posty is looking more & more likely, in which case I pray for a clash with Bicep so I don't have to choose between them and The Strokes haha!

1 hour ago, Ohad said:

What should we expect from the Disclosure gig? Are they just DJing or actually playing a live show?

Live show

2 hours ago, Gossard said:

Nós descartamos Incubus? 

Once here in my country I bought a ticket from a festival to see Incubus and left delighted with Editors.

11 hours ago, Gossard said:

Have we ruled out Incubus? 

They only seem to be around in june, because the US tour already starts in july.

I guess RW isn't lookin for them anymore.

I'm still a huge fan, though

4 minutes ago, Blaxey said:

All time low is around europe in June, are they relevant in Belgium?

No, they played RW only as a package deal (2 times if I am right)

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Beeezy said:

What about Alt-J? Are they already ruled out? They're playing a lot if shows in July.....

I think it depends on them releasing a new album. They don't seem to be touring a lot, so I think these aren't 'new album cycle shows', and thereby not interesting for RW.

1 hour ago, Beeezy said:

What about Alt-J? Are they already ruled out? They're playing a lot if shows in July.....

Not that many dates? I think RW will wait for their new album. 

• Upvote 1