I do agree the line-up is overall pretty good, and in terms of the headliners - I think they are all good and big. The smaller bands are also surprisingly good and fresh.

My main complaint is basically the lack of quality names on main stage, and I really feel like there's a lack in the recent alternative and indie scene. I feel like most big bands here are a bit irrelevant, and there needs to be some diversity between old and new.

2018 had - The Killers, QOTSA, Gorillaz, Arctic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, Jack White, MGMT, The Kooks.

I feel like they almost skipped this whole scene this time.

I'd really be up for Tame, Vampire Weekend, Foster the People(?), Or anything else either indie or alternative.

Edited by Sneakyfox
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For one time... Nice quality names still to come for RW. A lot of them. A lot of great female acts too. This batch of names was logic. People who are liking the more commercial names are happy no

Are you also an insider in the World Health Organization?

It is not that difficult, Jazebel is closer to the fire.  that was my information and I shared it, i hope that they will release another name this week. it is not a battle...

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ParanoidTourist said:

I have to disagree on the discussion above concerning that the headliners are past their prime. I don't think youth equals better concerts. Pearl Jam and SOAD are, imo, one of the best live bands out there, old or not.. Of course I might be biased on the older bands since I'm fulfilling the criteria of the "dad-rock generation"😄

I also think that the line up is the best I've seen in terms of variety this year compared with other festivals

I’m 20 years old, and I LOVE Pearl Jam so much, I’m seeing them 3 times this July, I do get your point as not many others of my age love PJ 😉

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, xydroh said:

why ? makes no sense to put them in the ab when they're so close to graspop and rock werchter.

Not a surprise they don't play at Graspop. They played there in 2019, 2017 and 2016. Seems they're in negotiations with Werchter but finally not happened. So a club show at AB is the best solution. They haven't played in a Belgian club since a while!

Lot of bands able to play at Graspop (or Werchter for some) the last few years played a club show instead :Whitesnake, Deftones and many more.

27 minutes ago, Archi said:

Not a surprise they don't play at Graspop. They played there in 2019, 2017 and 2016. Seems they're in negotiations with Werchter but finally not happened. So a club show at AB is the best solution. They haven't played in a Belgian club since a while!

Lot of bands able to play at Graspop (or Werchter for some) the last few years played a club show instead :Whitesnake, Deftones and many more.

graspop is no stranger to letting bands play twice in a row, especially if there's a new album for the second year. 

49 minutes ago, Archi said:

Yeah, i get it that it is a bit weird. They were on the list, and then they were off the list. Why, i don't know, i assume because another band came in the picture (Placebo on sunday i assume). Searching for a spot on another day, finally no solution was found, and the AB show was added. 

This happens every year a couple of times. Good example was Anderson .Paak in 2017, he was booked together with DTRH. He cancelled, played 2 AB shows instead, made up his cancel in 2018. Or Eddie Vedder last year.

14 minutes ago, unodosseb said:

Mad Cool are announcing their Friday headliner(s) this week, could our Friday co-headliner be there?

Royal Blood is a Herman Schueremans darling. So.. But honestly, I don't know. It seems logic to me. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, brightside23 said:

is Archive headlining the Barn on the Friday? 

Normally not, but you never know. Things are not always going as planned. 

The better Barn on Thursday is to compensate the weaker main stage. The weaker barn on Saturday is because of the stronger main stage. If they follow this, we still need a strong headliner for the barn. But remember 2017, the combo Passenger - Bonobo was not really strong.

7 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Normally not, but you never know. Things are not always going as planned. 

The better Barn on Thursday is to compensate the weaker main stage. The weaker barn on Saturday is because of the stronger main stage. If they follow this, we still need a strong headliner for the barn. But remember 2017, the combo Passenger - Bonobo was not really strong.

I think that s a personal opinion, for me for example the main stage on Thursday is better then Saturday. But Saturday I don't find much options in the barn to go. 

Do you know if we can expect an extra sub on Friday  or even a co headliner? 

8 minutes ago, Festilitis said:

I think that s a personal opinion, for me for example the main stage on Thursday is better then Saturday. But Saturday I don't find much options in the barn to go. 

Do you know if we can expect an extra sub on Friday  or even a co headliner? 

Yes, that is why we haven't got any news last Friday. 

Well Kens just confirmed we're getting a sub/cohead for Friday and Mad Cool are teasing their Friday headliners which is a week later, one ending with S (The Strokes) and another beginning with R. I imagine whoever that R is will be announced tomorrow alongside Mad Cool, RHCP to close the night or Royal Blood to sub. As a Brit I find Royal Blood playing above Liam Gallagher hilarious but I'm not complaining.

• Upvote 1
55 minutes ago, Aech said:

Only played in 2018, would be too quick a return for them I imagine.

As did PJ, Gang Of Youths, Jorja Smith, Emma Bale, The Last Internationale and Dermot Kennedy. Don't think repeating acts is a massive concern for Werchter, personally they were one of the most boring bands for me last year (though it is nice to hear seaside and naive on a sunny afternoon) I hope that's more of a reason not to book them.

2 hours ago, Chaarlie said:

As did PJ, Gang Of Youths, Jorja Smith, Emma Bale, The Last Internationale and Dermot Kennedy. Don't think repeating acts is a massive concern for Werchter, personally they were one of the most boring bands for me last year (though it is nice to hear seaside and naive on a sunny afternoon) I hope that's more of a reason not to book them.

Repeating acts is a thing were Werchter is good at.

I expect them to finalise this weekend their line up. Next week it is Pukkelpop. And they are not going to announce next week. This week or the week of 9 March it is.

• Upvote 2
30 minutes ago, Scarnic said:

What about those ticket sales? As we've not had any notice of "not many day tickets left for..." then I take it that it has been steady but no day has broken the bank. 

Anybody know?

Getting better. There is a shift from combi to daytickets. 

28 minutes ago, Sneakyfox said:

Is there any chance for Vampire Weekend / Foster the People on Friday? They can really be the ones who'll make me travel to Werchter.

How big are they in Belgium?

No