2 minutes ago, polnico said:

The thing is that every year we look at old line-up and are amazed by seeing how low some acts that would clearly headline today are placed : Post Malone early barn 2018, same for Kendrick in 2013. I am taking obvious examples here but there are plenty of others. We must remember that these acts grow with time, and they will get placed higher as years go by.

I think it's more the bands they seem to miss these days , I get it's tricky to get the perfect ones each year but I never thought werchter would be missing out constantly

2 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

It could be time for IDLES

Given that they tour with Pearl Jam it's possible!

1 minute ago, polnico said:

The thing is that every year we look at old line-up and are amazed by seeing how low some acts that would clearly headline today are placed : Post Malone early barn 2018, same for Kendrick in 2013. I am taking obvious examples here but there are plenty of others. We must remember that these acts grow with time, and they will get placed higher as years go by.

I strongly disagree about Post. Kendrick became massively-bigger in the past 7 years. Back in 13 he only had gkmc out. tpab & DAMN really exploded.

Post isn't headliner-worthy in RW. Too small.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

Just never seems as big as it used to be

I think none of the big ones ever will be. There are just fewer and fewer "big" touring bands around and those that are will pretty much be wanted by any big festival, which again drives costs up. At the same time, if they are booked to often, then that becomes an issue. I think this development just will continue and that it will be much harder to run the biggest festivals around, and even more difficult to please everyone. 

I see that there are many names being thrown up there as potential headliners that I don't even think would will sell half of the tickets, and although many of them are good bands, they just don't do it alone. I'm curious to see how the Friday will end up in terms of sales this year, as The Strokes is maybe one of the most wanted bands on this forum, but I'm looking forward to see how much of a crowd they will draw. 

I do not see many better line-ups though. Except for RATM, R+L is awful, Sziget is a joke (unless you like DJ's), NOS not anything to brag about++. Only one that looks decent is Glastonbury, although it remains to be seen, but with the current line-up those that want new names wouldn't be very happy.

I'm not trying to say that RW makes all the right decisions, but I think we're pretty much asking for the impossible. If I get some good undercards and a good line-up at The Slope, I'll be happy with this years edition too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Ohad said:

EDIT: never mind. my bad.

~30 mins to go. Any guesses?

I hope for Giant Rooks...great band and they are playing hurricane festival and Sziget. 

8 minutes ago, Ohad said:

EDIT: never mind. my bad.

~30 mins to go. Any guesses?

Hoping for Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ohad said:

+ Ken said that they are really likely. 

Edited by alan_ts

5 minutes ago, EV123 said:

But ruled out by Jazebel ...

5 minutes ago, polnico said:

Didn't @Jazebel recently said that it wasn't the case recently (not sure though) ?

Probably I missed some pages :)

2 minutes ago, polnico said:

Didn't @Jazebel recently said that it wasn't the case recently (not sure though) ?

yeah: ' Doesn't look like one of those will be there.' Which is a shame since RW ticket sales apparently are not that ok, they are playing nearby, can't be that expensive and every festival I go to I see Idles shirts everywhere...but maybe just not that big in Belgium.

21 minutes ago, Ohad said:

I strongly disagree about Post. Kendrick became massively-bigger in the past 7 years. Back in 13 he only had gkmc out. tpab & DAMN really exploded.

Post isn't headliner-worthy in RW. Too small.

Posty isn't my fav act either and I wouldn't be the happiest if he ends up as Friday co-head. But he clearly headlines everywhere he goes in the world and sells out arenas in minutes. And I am not talking about the "streaming" numbers because streaming doesn't make someone a head. He shifts tickets, and a lot of them. I think that even if it's not the act i'd like to see, he is co-head worthy.

Edited by polnico

Wow. Inhaler and Bombay Bicycle Club are huge for me. Apparat is nice too, especially if he plays early in the Barn as it looks like it'll be the case.

Edited by polnico

Apparat ❤️

and Worakls Orchestra is crazy good!

edit: some DnB with a full orchestra :D but mostly melodic techno!

Edited by Noeliam

Rock Werchter is working on yet another impressive line-up. Would you expect anything less? This week, 28 more acts RSVP’d. It's an exciting list of newcomers that include banjos, pianos, orchestras, brass bands, beautiful voices and searing guitars. Lianne La Havas, Apparat, Mabel, The Dead South, Sampa The Great, Eefje de Visser, The Last Internationale and Tyler Childers are new for Thursday 2 July. Whitney, Inhaler, Gang of Youths, Marc Rebillet, Brass Against, Easy Life, PUP and JC Stewart have been added to the line-up on Friday 3 July. Bombay Bicycle club, Worakls Orchestra, City and Colour, Tierra Whack, Emma Bale and Alex Cameron will be at the Festivalpark on Saturday 4 July. Oh Wonder, Joep Beving, The Marcus King Band, Glints, Oscar Jerome and EGO KILL TALENT complete the programme on Sunday 5 July. More names to follow soon!

🎫 Tickets for Rock Werchter 2020 are available from www.rockwerchter.be #RW20

Hardly know anyone.

Whitney is a nice addition. Missed them on Lowlands last year. Sampa The Great is also welcomed.

33 minutes ago, mondo said:

Hoping for Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes 

glad I bought the ticket for their London gig tomorrow!

Gang of Youths to open the main stage on Friday is a nice addition. Could be tempted to go if a strong sub to The Strokes is announced in the coming weeks.

2 minutes ago, Ohad said:

Does anyone here remember when the full line up and timetable is usually published?

At the current rate the lineup is complete before the end of this month. Given that we already know stage splits, I figure that the timetable will follow with the last names.

City and Colour, Whitney, Pup, Gang of Youths and Bombay Bicycle Club are all great additions for me and probably pushed me over to getting a ticket!