Rock Werchter 2020

4 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Those saying summer 2021 should temper your expectations. If we don't have a vaccine before then then we're almost certainly going to be continuing social distancing to an extent and that includes not having enormous gatherings of people.

Bars and cafes are one thing. Festivals are another. 2021 is in absolutely no way a certainty right now. Yes, stay optimistic! But stay realistic too. 

Give over mate, we don't need that kind of negativity here

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Those saying summer 2021 should temper your expectations. If we don't have a vaccine before then then we're almost certainly going to be continuing social distancing to an extent and that includes not having enormous gatherings of people.

Bars and cafes are one thing. Festivals are another. 2021 is in absolutely no way a certainty right now. Yes, stay optimistic! But stay realistic too. 

Since money makes the world turn, by then economics will have more weight in the scale compared to the health concept. 
Sad but true. 

18 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Why give over? He is right. Plus, half of the beloved small festivals will be dead and gone by the next year, after this catastrophe.

Things will change, it is good to hope for the best and to do your own little effort to make things improve, but you cannot believe that next year it will all be fine and dandy by default, shit has hit the fan and you cannot assume that we ran out of shit yet.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

If this is their stance, then Rock Werchter must release their 2021 line-up as soon as fucking possible so that people have that choice. I'm in London and don't go every year. I decide in Jan/Feb once I have a good idea of what I'm paying for. That's basic consumer choice. 

September 15th is seemingly an arbituary date; I suspect to give people time to "get over it" and just swallow this bullshit.

Disclaimer: I am fully aware of the implications for the future of such festivals if they bulk-refund all that bought a ticket. That is something for the festival organisers, Ticketmaster and the Belgian government to sort out. It should NOT impact those that bought tickets for something that is no longer happening, of which many are already financially struggling. 

SURELY insurance covers this? If not, it's incompetence on a whole new level.

Edited by mrface19
  • Upvote 2

The event, according to Ticketmaster is cancelled.

These are uncertain times for both individuals and organisations. We have no idea whether (a) Ticketmaster or RW will survive in their current guise until 2021. They could fold, go bankrupt and new organisations providing the exact same service be created. We, as punters, would lose. They as organisers would be protecting themselves by bankrupting. It's happened in the past and it's very possible, even prudent now for companies facing huge losses to take this step.

I'm not happy with that risk. If it's cancelled then we should have the right to have our money back.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, everest said:

Nope. Only if they paid insurance for epidemic.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think only Wimbledon have a insurance for epidemic and now they will get 110 mil €

I think I've read that they usually have insurance; that's why Werchter could still go on when it was near flooded some years ago. The insurance company paid for all the necessary measures to get the go ahead. This year they waited till February to have a clear indication of the festival costs, but by then Corona spread and it wasn't possible to get insurance anymore.

7 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

The event, according to Ticketmaster is cancelled.

These are uncertain times for both individuals and organisations. We have no idea whether (a) Ticketmaster or RW will survive in their current guise until 2021. They could fold, go bankrupt and new organisations providing the exact same service be created. We, as punters, would lose. They as organisers would be protecting themselves by bankrupting. It's happened in the past and it's very possible, even prudent now for companies facing huge losses to take this step.

I'm not happy with that risk. If it's cancelled then we should have the right to have our money back.

I've asked Ticketmaster what will happen in case of bankruptcy. Will the Belgian government guarantee refunds in case of bankruptcy since they are the ones who changed the law after we bought tickets. I don't mind a voucher and share the burden, but it is a fair amount of money. Not happy with that risk as well. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Ken19 said:

You'll see next year. 2 very nice additions. But not the biggest bands. Mentioned on the forum before. One was playing before The Strokes, one was closing The Barn. 

Thanks for sharing @Ken19

Can you comment on whether we can expect The Strokes to be back for 2021? 

Quiet keen in general to know whether many of the acts booked this year will be playing next year instead so I can make a call on whether to commit to 2021 or hold out and take a plunge on 2022.  

5 minutes ago, SCG95 said:

Thanks for sharing @Ken19

Can you comment on whether we can expect The Strokes to be back for 2021? 

Quiet keen in general to know whether many of the acts booked this year will be playing next year instead so I can make a call on whether to commit to 2021 or hold out and take a plunge on 2022.  

Check the best kept secret forum :)

• Upvote 1

It's annoying. As much as I wanted to go this year, next year could be a different story. It prevents me going to Glastonbury for a start. Plus I bought these tickets on the strength of the headliners. I know they'll probably be back, but there's no guarantees.

3 hours ago, Padjeq said:

It's annoying. As much as I wanted to go this year, next year could be a different story. It prevents me going to Glastonbury for a start. Plus I bought these tickets on the strength of the headliners. I know they'll probably be back, but there's no guarantees.

I think they’ll at least try to book the biggest names of 2020 (Pearl Jam, The Strokes, Kendrick Lamar, System Of A Down, Twenty One Pilots, Volbeat, Faith No More, Disclosure, Thom Yorke, Beck, Anderson Paak) so you may be fine.

2 hours ago, Ni&co said:

Still, I expect next year's edition to be more expensive, and they'd make us pay the difference... Not sure how i feel about that, i'd like to know that i have a choice between going or not

No, normally not more expensive (not a lot)

Edited by Ken19
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Ken19 said:

No, normally not more expensive (not a lot)

If we keep the credit as they call it, will we get the tickets at the same price as this year or do we still pay extra on top of the credit we have?

Any words about a possible 5th day so far?

Thanks for the info you are sharing with us btw!