Rock Werchter 2020

48 minutes ago, VolkIreland said:

After I came to an actual realization that it wasn't going to happen, I just was concerned about my money back for the ticket and whatever. Now I just hope I can forward my ticket onto next year instead. 

TicketMaster changed their terms and conditions of use recently. Seems now they only refund tickets for the shows cancelled but not if the event is postponed. It depends here if RW announce an cancellation or if tickets remain available for RW 2021. I think it's gonna be the second solution.

17 hours ago, Archi said:

TicketMaster changed their terms and conditions of use recently. Seems now they only refund tickets for the shows cancelled but not if the event is postponed. It depends here if RW announce an cancellation or if tickets remain available for RW 2021. I think it's gonna be the second solution.

What is recently? They cannot change their terms and conditions unilatterally after the contract was closed..  However, if they give the option to keep the tickets untill 2021, I will chose that one. 

1 hour ago, Dennisf said:

What is recently? They cannot change their terms and conditions unilatterally after the contract was closed..  However, if they give the option to keep the tickets untill 2021, I will chose that one. 

As in they were offering refunds on postponed dates, and as of a couple of days ago they are not. 

Rock Werchter cancelled. Like Werchter Boutique too. Press conference of the Prime Minister in 5 minutes: they will announce the lockdown until May 3rd and all events are cancelled until July 31th.

About TicketMaster, I also think they can't do it. But seems they did...

13 minutes ago, Archi said:

Rock Werchter cancelled. Like Werchter Boutique too. Press conference of the Prime Minister in 5 minutes: they will announce the lockdown until May 3rd and all events are cancelled until July 31th.

Is it not the 31st August?

15 minutes ago, Archi said:

this still leaves place for other festivals like pukkelpop, but isnt it obvious at this point that all 2020 is gone? why set a deadline for cancellation and postpone it after? (which is what all countries are doing and I really don’t get it 🤷‍♂️)

Edit: ok it’s August, makes a lot more sense

Edited by zbo

1 minute ago, zbo said:

this still leaves place for other festivals like pukkelpop, but isnt it obvious at this point that all 2020 is gone? why set a deadline for cancellation and postpone it after? (which is what all countries are doing and I really don’t get it 🤷‍♂️)

it's August, not July

4 hours ago, Dennisf said:

Can never be enforced. One cannot unilatterally change the 'contract''. We'll see what is to be decided this afternoon.

What is could find on Belgian site is this (sorry for my awful English, hope you understand)....

- RW is allowed to provide us with a voucher instead of repaying us:

* if event is not cancelled but organised at a later date at the same location or nearby

* if event is organised 2 years after the original event at the latest

* voucher for the value of the original ticket without any extra costs

* voucher states specifically that it's a Corana voucher

* RW is not allow to ask for additional payment for the new event

* If you can prove you are not able to attend the new event RW has to repay you.

Edited by Judithmt

So does this forum get renamed to 2021 or will a new one be made? 

Not letting the festival take place this year was and is the only sensible option. Hope as much as possible from this year’s lineup gets recovered to next year... first time since 2014 I won’t be at Werchter 😒

Gutted. But expected. Am I the only one that still sometimes thinks: 'Is this real?'

Next year I am going to fly to the damn moon if thats what it take to see the Strokes live finally. Can't believe I waited my entire life to see them, and now its cancelled. 

• Upvote 1

Those saying summer 2021 should temper your expectations. If we don't have a vaccine before then then we're almost certainly going to be continuing social distancing to an extent and that includes not having enormous gatherings of people.

Bars and cafes are one thing. Festivals are another. 2021 is in absolutely no way a certainty right now. Yes, stay optimistic! But stay realistic too. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4