Rock Werchter 2020

14 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

A month ago, we, production RW, never expected that we have to cancel RW. The forces of nature... Because of insurance issues, it is important that the government cancels the big events. 

About the bands, the contracts are signed. Most of the bands will we see the next couple of years at RW. That is something that happens a lot in this business, but we have never an idea of. Band A cancels his show in 2015, was never announced, played in 2017 under the same contract. They can also put that artist, with the same contract, on another festival of them... 

Biggest question. What will Rotselaar do with the max of 20 days of RW events in 3 years. We are missing 6 days now. More shows next year ;-). 

Ken, is there any belgian festival that can dissapear forever due to economic losses for this year cancellation?

22 hours ago, Dietediet said:

I would love to hear who they had lined up. Bought a day ticket for The Strokes, but so far I was underwhelmed by the announced acts.

Rock Werchter will be back without a doubt. Am even expecting a stronger than ever line up if they are able to combine some of the current big names with those rumored for next year's season (Foo Fighters, Arctic Monkeys, RATM, NIN, RHCP, Metallica, The Weeknd, Tame Impala). 

Other festivals might suffer a worse fate though. We already have several smaller festivals who needed to reinvent their concept after a history of struggles (Ieperfest, Leffingeleuren). Suikerrock was supposed to hold its last edition because the festival wasn't financially viable anymore. We've already heard from several insiders that Pukkelpop is still under financial pressure after some bad years. 

16 hours ago, Ken19 said:

A month ago, we, production RW, never expected that we have to cancel RW. The forces of nature... Because of insurance issues, it is important that the government cancels the big events. 

About the bands, the contracts are signed. Most of the bands will we see the next couple of years at RW. That is something that happens a lot in this business, but we have never an idea of. Band A cancels his show in 2015, was never announced, played in 2017 under the same contract. They can also put that artist, with the same contract, on another festival of them... 

Biggest question. What will Rotselaar do with the max of 20 days of RW events in 3 years. We are missing 6 days now. More shows next year ;-). 

Next year, rock werchter can last five days instead of four. LiveNation will probably find a perfect date for Werchter boutique pop up! So, eight days of Werchter!

I hope Taylor swift will do his concert in Werchter next year!

Will be very interesting to see how will summer 2021 look like. All the big bands will loose this summer...pearl jam, RATM, the strokes, the killers, taylor, billie, faith no more...will they just put them all on 2021 events, like 2020 never happened ? If so, what happens with bands that were about to tour in 2021....metallica, nine inch nails, bruce s, ac/dc....it will be extremely crowded, in a world hit by biggest financial crisis since second world war....will be very very interesting to see how that plays out

5 hours ago, Andrej said:

Will be very interesting to see how will summer 2021 look like. All the big bands will loose this summer...pearl jam, RATM, the strokes, the killers, taylor, billie, faith no more...will they just put them all on 2021 events, like 2020 never happened ? If so, what happens with bands that were about to tour in 2021....metallica, nine inch nails, bruce s, ac/dc....it will be extremely crowded, in a world hit by biggest financial crisis since second world war....will be very very interesting to see how that plays out

Been thinking that myself. Particularly as some festivals such as rosklide and copenhell sold out their weekend tickets on the strength of their lineups this year. Think they will try and honour as much of the lineup as they can.

It would be interesting, however, if bands like who you mentioned, have signed contracts with festivals to play in 2021. Seems a bit far off, but you never know.

Pearl Jam having to cancel Hide Park amongst other festivals across Europe. Friday they will give more info on their European tour, coincidentally also the same day the Belgian gouvernement will probably cancel all festivals this summer... more info on Friday then?

My hopes are just copy-paste to next year and we get to keep our tickets for then.

On 4/7/2020 at 10:01 AM, New identity said:

Next year, rock werchter can last five days instead of four. LiveNation will probably find a perfect date for Werchter boutique pop up! So, eight days of Werchter!

I hope Taylor swift will do his concert in Werchter next year!

5 days, it is nothing new... 😉 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, brightside23 said:

Sweet. Make some small rearrangements and let's make this happen. 😀

Pearl Jam - FNM - Royal Blood

The Strokes - Tame Impala - Noel Gallagher

System - NIN - Placebo

Kendrick - TOP - Anderson Paak

RATM - The Weeknd - Run the Jewels

That would be a dream coming true, but Pearl Jam, The Strokes, Tame Impala, SOAD, Kendrick, RATm and The Weeknd would be to expensive I think.

Although there will be more money available probably, but still combo RATM/The Weeknd is too strong.

5 minutes ago, everest said:

I was stupid at first and making jokes of corona, but people, you need to calm down about lineups in 2021.

Vaccine will not come before april 2021 so we can't be sure what will happen with festivals in 2021. I hope I'm wrong but I think I'm not.

Agreed. The situation should be taken step by step, but there's no harm in hoping for good lineups. It was pretty clear by the time the virus exploded in Italy late February/early March that this year was off. And the virus might not be fully resolved by next year, but chances are good we'll have our festivals back if they survive this year financially.

1 hour ago, everest said:

I was stupid at first and making jokes of corona, but people, you need to calm down about lineups in 2021.

Vaccine will not come before april 2021 so we can't be sure what will happen with festivals in 2021. I hope I'm wrong but I think I'm not.

Some test is going to start in june and september in five countries. 

19 hours ago, New identity said:

Some test is going to start in june and september in five countries. 

That's good but still offers zero guarantee that a vaccine will be ready next year. At the start of this outbreak when people spoke about a 12-18 month minimum wait for a vaccine to be widely available, that really was an absolute minimum as that timeframe assumed things would move very fast and there would be no setbacks. Something absolutely nobody can guarantee, even with the world's focus on producing a vaccine.