Rock Werchter 2020

I think anyone expecting festivals to happen in 3 to 4 months time is VERY optimistic. 

Any announcements form the festivals should come sooner rather than later, saving them spending more time, effort and working hours on something that's simply not going to happen.

Glastonburys reason was that although things may have cleared up by end of June, they need thousands of workers to make it happen before then and to continue would put all of these workers at risk.

I know other festivals are not to the same scale as Glasto but.....it's common sense

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, polnico said:

Glasto cancelled, really wondering what impact it will have on other summer fests, but logical and good decision from the glasto crew.

Gigs are all cancelling or being moved. If Werchter doesn't cancel itself, the bands all pulling out will put paid to it. I just hope it's sooner rather than later, so I can get my refund.

1 hour ago, Padjeq said:

Gigs are all cancelling or being moved. If Werchter doesn't cancel itself, the bands all pulling out will put paid to it. I just hope it's sooner rather than later, so I can get my refund.

Bit egocentrical to just think about getting a refund at this point no? 

• Downvote 1

Absolutely no chance any event takes place in June or July this year. Soon enough big bands will start announcing tour cancellation, Pearl Jam first one of them i guess, and that will lead to festivals slowly following with announcements.

23 hours ago, pigital said:

Bit egocentrical to just think about getting a refund at this point no? 

My girlfriend just lost her job this morning thanks to covid killing the events industry temporarily. No, it's not egocentric to be thinking about getting some much needed money back on something we won't be going to.

Edited by BenG92
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

My girlfriend just lost her job this morning thanks to covid killing the events industry temporarily. No, it's not egocentric to be thinking about getting some much needed money back on something we won't be going to.

I'd click Like it but it would seem that I'm happy about Your GF losing job. That sucks. All of it sucks big time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ken19 said:

For the moment Rock Werchter is still going on. A lot of scenarios are on the table.
On this moment we are downscaling the festival. I don’t expect any foreigners on the festival too. 

Do you know anything about other festivals taking place in the same period? Are they all somehow cooperating in these hard times?

Is postponement on the table too? I guess in such a scenario other festivals would have to follow too in order to make it profitable for bands.

6 minutes ago, mln said:

Do you know anything about other festivals taking place in the same period? Are they all somehow cooperating in these hard times?

Is postponement on the table too? I guess in such a scenario other festivals would have to follow too in order to make it profitable for bands.

No idea, enough work to do now for our own events. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

For the moment Rock Werchter is still going on. A lot of scenarios are on the table.
On this moment we are downscaling the festival. I don’t expect any foreigners on the festival too. 

So, only Belgian bands for Belgian people? What a strange scenario...

Thanks for sharing your info, Ken.

54 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Don't think it's right that if a half arsed festival takes place then we, the early ticket buyers, get excluded (due to travel restrictions) and not refunded.

1 hour ago, DDave said:

that include the bands, Ken?

Wait and see... 

I think that the plans that are on the table are realistic and that everyone can go to a festival next summer, but in their own country. And yes, there will be not a solid solution for everyone. 

31 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Wait and see... 

I think that the plans that are on the table are realistic and that everyone can go to a festival next summer, but in their own country. And yes, there will be not a solid solution for everyone. 

On another purely selfish note as we're supposed to be going to it - any news about the TW Classic? 

3 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Wait and see... 

Strange.. At livenation as well as in the village of Werchter they know that the festival probably will be canceled. And not just an average person in town... 

Experts say that even a big barbeque in summer is not a good idea. So what about a festival even if it is downscaled.  

I think it's very difficult to predict at the moment. Let's hope first that everybody stays healthy and safe. And then let's see how it develops.