Rock Werchter 2020

13 hours ago, Dietediet said:

Gwen Stefani has been mentioned before as possible Barn headliner. Friday is still missing a Barn headliner. You do the math.

Sure, Gwen Stefani would be the perfect Barn Headliner, just like Kylie last year, but since we don't have that many options left, I won't be so optimistic to expect a second Headliner for the Main Stage AND another large name for the Barn.

10 hours ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

Sure, Gwen Stefani would be the perfect Barn Headliner, just like Kylie last year, but since we don't have that many options left, I won't be so optimistic to expect a second Headliner for the Main Stage AND another large name for the Barn.

Archive simply aren't big enough to headline Barn Friday. I'd be stunned if we don't get a new name.

11 hours ago, ParanoidTourist said:

I'm just happy if the festival takes place at all. As for the line up I'm already happy with it as it is. Will buy a ticket as soon as I get an indication on how Corona develops further. Let's hope for a festival summer 😊

Good attitude imo - its usually an essential part of any of these threads to bitch about line-up quality but frankly I think I'll be happy if any festival goes ahead as scheduled this year, and that I won't be alone in this ethos.

Its getting mightily close to mass cancellations though. I'm already getting wary May's schedule is about to be thrown in the bin, and the first half of June at least is at risk as well.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, ParanoidTourist said:

I'm just happy if the festival takes place at all. As for the line up I'm already happy with it as it is. Will buy a ticket as soon as I get an indication on how Corona develops further. Let's hope for a festival summer 😊

I'm the exact same. I believe it should be all good. But no one knows what could happen next. I remain optimistic though!

I would like to share the same optimism, but i do believe the whole summer will be cancelled, most of big events. This will go on for months, and in that period festivals will sell zero tickets, everything is paralysed, so even if things start to get better in June, its just to late to put on such big events, specially with 3-4 months of zero activity / ticket sales and massive uncertainty. And i dont think any big bands, specially US ones, will wait up until a month before to see whats happening and what not. They will start postponing / rescheduling tours very soon. I would love to be wrong here of course. 

22 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Yeah but the combo Passenger - Bonobo was also not strong enough... Sometimes you have no other choice.

I wonder why we didn't get Woodkid? There is still no belgian date and he is playing Europe all across the RW weekend.

Gwen Stefani as a Subheadliner and Woodkid closing the Barn would be a nice way to round up the Friday.

There’s no need for us to think about possible cancellations for summer festivals and shows. The authorities are closely looking at the situation and don’t even know themselves how things will evolve. IF the festival is going to be cancelled we’ll know end of may or in June, no way they’ll cancel it before then. In China it’s getting better, it was there for 3 months but the authorities were slow to react. In Europe we’ve reacted way quicker so let’s hope in 2-3 months time things will be better.

For now, all we can do, is wash your hands over and over and over again and stay at home! Don’t give people hands or hugs, don’t invite people over to your house and keep distance at work if possible. That’s how we can stop the virus and how we can make sure we can Rock at Werchter in July! Stay safe 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Nicklord said:

Bands won't cancel summer shows until may at least. And if summer fest gets cancaled in 3 months we're all fucked either way :D

This is the same band cancelling their 2016 festival tour over the Paris attacks though. Pearl Jam has been known to be very sensitive when it comes to crowd safety ever since Roskilde.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, iliandl said:

In China it’s getting better, it was there for 3 months but the authorities were slow to react. In Europe we’ve reacted way quicker so let’s hope in 2-3 months time things will be better.

Sorry, but in no way whatsoever were Europe quicker to react. If anything, we were far, far slower than a lot of the Far East.

• Like 1