Rock Werchter 2020

13 hours ago, Sneakyfox said:

I know it's far-fetched, but if we got KOL as subs/Co-Heads and Royal Blood as an additional name on Friday, I think this will be a fantastic day and will make the lineup look very good.

I think just one of those two is the most we can expect...

Airborne toxic event have a huge empty spot from 1st of july to 1st of august... Are they still relevant in belgium? 

Edit: the fratellis are also available during rock werchter! They once toured together with airborne toxic event

Edited by Ni&co

1 hour ago, Ni&co said:

Airborne toxic event have a huge empty spot from 1st of july to 1st of august... Are they still relevant in belgium? 

Edit: the fratellis are also available during rock werchter! They once toured together with airborne toxic event

We have enough airbourne toxic events right now ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ken19 said:

No, don't get your heads go crazy by the media. 

Hm I don't think anybody here can answer this question, also Ken.  A virus can increase or not. So ofcourse there is a chance. Who expected the increase in Italy. With health nobody will take risks. No need to panic at the moment, but there always can be an increase. And the plans for when there is a big increase are ready at the government, this I know from first hand. If there would be a problem like Italy, forget the summer events. But.... Until now there is no reason yet. 

Not to argue or anything, but if the borders are closed it doesn't really matter what the festival organisers say about the situation. You can see what is already happening to events in Italy and other countries. 

Fingers crossed for the best though, we all want a great festival.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ken19 said:

No, don't get your heads go crazy by the media. 

It isn't just the media. My girlfriend's an events manager and they've had 3 events and a conference cancelled in the last 24 hours, she's working lots of overtime trying to pull together stuff so they don't lose even more money. They have several small competitors that are at risk of going under right now. The Game Dev Conference just got cancelled as well for instance. 

Not saying this applies to festivals necessarily but there is absolutely reason to be concerned about big events being cancelled. 

Different events are currently being cancelled fairly regularly. I've just seen that Danish officials are calling for cancellation/delay of all events of over 1,000 people.

Obviously that might have zero bearing whatsoever on RW, particularly as it will take place after the likely peak of the illness and is an outdoor event. Even still, it seems a valid concern for those of us who want to buy tickets/flights right now.

1 hour ago, Festilitis said:

Hm I don't think anybody here can answer this question, also Ken.  A virus can increase or not. So ofcourse there is a chance. Who expected the increase in Italy. With health nobody will take risks. No need to panic at the moment, but there always can be an increase. And the plans for when there is a big increase are ready at the government, this I know from first hand. If there would be a problem like Italy, forget the summer events. But.... Until now there is no reason yet. 

We are early march, the festivals are starting by the end of may, RW early july. They have time enough to get things in order and make some arrangements. Big difference with events who are taking place on this moment. 

Yes, there have been some meetings already. 

• Upvote 1

A lot of events are being cancelled due to corona virus and if it keeps spreading it’d be quite naive to not consider that it might impact festivals.

However, looking at the way it’s being handled I’d hope it’s under control by the time the summer festivals roll in...

swine flu ran from November to May by comparison...corona started December so it could be touch and go but I feel much greater precaution is being taken to limit the spread of Corona.

28 minutes ago, Steve. said:

I feel much greater precaution is being taken to limit the spread of Corona.

Except by the people who aren't taking it seriously! 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/coronavirus-us-self-isolate-party-new-hampshire-tests-positive-a9376816.html

Edited by BenG92

2 hours ago, Steve. said:

A lot of events are being cancelled due to corona virus and if it keeps spreading it’d be quite naive to not consider that it might impact festivals.

However, looking at the way it’s being handled I’d hope it’s under control by the time the summer festivals roll in...

swine flu ran from November to May by comparison...corona started December so it could be touch and go but I feel much greater precaution is being taken to limit the spread of Corona.

The way I see it, there are two options. By July the virus is long gone and we all forgot about it, or by July the virus is so widely spread that there is no point in trying to avoid it. Either way we're good to go

4 hours ago, Ken19 said:

We are early march, the festivals are starting by the end of may, RW early july. They have time enough to get things in order and make some arrangements. Big difference with events who are taking place on this moment. 

Yes, there have been some meetings already. 

True, but the virus is going since December in China. 3 months go fast. Making arrangements with a virus is difficult. For example order flight tickets or no.. But of course I hope it passes fast and we can have a great summer. 

Can we assume that the lineup order cited on the RW website is reflecting the order of shows? I mean, if on Saturday we have Kendrick first, then 21p, FNM and then Anderson, does that mean that Anderson will perform and then FNM, 21p and Kendrick?

5 minutes ago, Ohad said:

Can we assume that the lineup order cited on the RW website is reflecting the order of shows? I mean, if on Saturday we have Kendrick first, then 21p, FNM and then Anderson, does that mean that Anderson will perform and then FNM, 21p and Kendrick?

Yes, I think that is indeed reflecting the order of shows.

3 hours ago, Ohad said:

Yes it is, for example: The Streets are a smaller name than Jorja Smith, Pretty Reckless is a smaller name than Sum 41...

That is why most of the names have the same size on the poster. 

I'm not a big fan of the way names are put on the poster. Weird seeing Fontaines DC visually 'above' Beck or Disclosure. Or Bombay above Jorja Smith, Joost above Thom Yorke.

Nitpicking really, but there you go. 😉

Has there actually been a radio/tv commercial yet? Haven't seen or heard one yet.