Rock Werchter 2020

11 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Genesis who did a one-off reunion tour in 2007? 🤣

Genesis who could announce reunion tomorrow... Without Peter. Phil, Tony and Mike; Likely announcement on BBC2 tomorrow

Edited by Tremousse

7 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

There's literally nothing to indicate it's gonna be Genesis other than a handful of baseless rumours (which have gone around every year for the last 10 years) but again, I admire the optimism and hope it's true, I'd catch them in the UK for sure 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

There's literally nothing to indicate it's gonna be Genesis other than a handful of baseless rumours (which have gone around every year for the last 10 years) but again, I admire the optimism and hope it's true, I'd catch them in the UK for sure 

Good to know, I don't know much about them! (my GF is a fan, so I hope she won't be disappointed :p )

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, HerrBuergermeister said:

I still hope for Smashing Pumpkins! Just announced tour in the US by Livenation.

They are supporting Guns n Roses in the US in July but not on their first concert during Rock Werchter so could be a possibility. 

2 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Genesis it is. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/11091521/genesis-announce-new-2020-uk-tour/

1 hour ago, nowayanyway said:

Since there is once again silence at Pukkelpop, should we expect names for Rock Werchter this week?

I expect we'll have to wait a  bit longer. Would be weird for them to finally share a poster and add more names the week after. But I'd happily be proven wrong of course... :)

• Upvote 1

On 3/3/2020 at 12:42 PM, mungo57 said:

If any of these questions have been asked before then I apologise - myself and some friends have decided to go to Werchter this year as we didn't get Glasto tickets. I see that some of you have been before so I figured you may know :)

- is there a shop/supermarket in the vicinity of the festival for supplies? Don't fancy much carrying beers and food all over the UK/Eurostar/Belgium along with our tents!

- is it worth going on the Wednesday and using the Hive campsite rather than regular camping? I'm attempting to convince my mates to do that as its no difference in price but to no avail.

Lineup looks really good this year would be great to finally be able to see PJ again - last time was at Reading something like 15 years ago!

I've been twice over recent years and both times my mates and I walked into Werchter in the sunshine and picked up supplies (snacks, beers etc) from the local supermarket, which is a good size and saves you having to travel any further. We did this straight after we'd set up our little area so all hands were free for the good stuff. 

While I haven't stayed in any of the other camp sites, I wouldn't consider not staying in Hive if it's available. It's a great place and really lifts the experience for me. Showers, while a bit pricey, are a welcome luxury (this year I'll be trying to ration them for more beer money) and the vibe is really good, particularly after the festival site has closed down. We watched England vs Sweden there during the World Cup and it was a good atmosphere. Definitely worth it, particularly when it's exactly the same price. 

Definitely rock up on the Wednesday. You get a far better pick on where you set up and you'll thank yourselves later in the week when you're not walking miles to find your tent. Also gives you that extra time to wander into the village, grab supplies, have a few beers in the pubs there (there's some cool, reasonably priced ones in the square). We're getting the 6am Eurostar over on the Wednesday to make sure we're as relaxed as can be before we destroy ourselves!

28 minutes ago, elmc24 said:

Surely with the announcement of their summer tour the kings of leon are likely to take the friday night slot. Have to say I wasn't too impressed last time I saw them here.

But then why not announce them back in December when the netherlands show was announced? Seems they've waited far too long for it to be Kings of Leon.

44 minutes ago, elmc24 said:

Surely with the announcement of their summer tour the kings of leon are likely to take the friday night slot. Have to say I wasn't too impressed last time I saw them here.

They are also around in August, so I actually think they are more likely for PKP at the moment. 

3 hours ago, elmc24 said:

Agreed, they're pretty tame live but I like their songs enough to stand through them or enjoy as background music. With that said, I've seen them twice already so would prefer someone else I enjoy that I've never/have rarely seen.