Rock Werchter 2020

6 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Not that many spots left, many options still available. And you know, within these 15/17 acts there will be some names we would never expect (Marc Rebillet for example the last time).

So max 10 obvious names I guess... And if you list them up, you'll see that we will lose some to Pukkelpop or another festival. 

Any idea how many of these will take prominent positions? Barn headliners or high up on that stage, Main Stage etc.

1 minute ago, Freek182 said:

Any chance of Blink 182 on Friday? They said in an interview last year that they are planning on coming to Europe next summer

Let's hope not! Their show in 2017 is without a doubt one of the worst performances I have ever seen in my life!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/28/2020 at 2:24 PM, Archi said:

I'm surprised to see Pixies on the same line as Pearl Jam!

About Noël Gallaguer, he's on tour since a longer time then Liam if I'm correct. He got time to get a bigger fanbase around his music and not only on Oasis songs.

There playing Hyde Park together so not to surprising 

An important question:

I wondered how early can I book a flight back. I can leave as early as needed on Monday the 6th of July.

How early do they start running the shuttle and how long does it take to get from the RW area to the Brussles airport?

2 minutes ago, Ohad said:

An important question:

I wondered how early can I book a flight back. I can leave as early as needed on Monday the 6th of July.

How early do they start running the shuttle and how long does it take to get from the RW area to the Brussles airport?

It's maybe 15min by train from Leuven to Brussels Airport. I can't remember when they start running, but it's quite early.....

On the Rock Werchter site it is mentioned that the shuttlebussen depart from 7h in the morning till 14h on Monday.

Sunday evening/night the busses drive till 4 in the night.

You can read it for yourself on the site: practical / how to get there?

Edited by Otto77

11 hours ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

Blood Red Shoes still possible? (early Barn?)

Playing festivals in July and opened for Pixies recently (also sharing the day at Mad Cool)

Damn I had NO idea they had actually "made it" / are still going. Saw them supporting Maximo Park like 12 years ago, crazy! 

If any of these questions have been asked before then I apologise - myself and some friends have decided to go to Werchter this year as we didn't get Glasto tickets. I see that some of you have been before so I figured you may know :)

- is there a shop/supermarket in the vicinity of the festival for supplies? Don't fancy much carrying beers and food all over the UK/Eurostar/Belgium along with our tents!

- is it worth going on the Wednesday and using the Hive campsite rather than regular camping? I'm attempting to convince my mates to do that as its no difference in price but to no avail.

Lineup looks really good this year would be great to finally be able to see PJ again - last time was at Reading something like 15 years ago!

19 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

If any of these questions have been asked before then I apologise - myself and some friends have decided to go to Werchter this year as we didn't get Glasto tickets. I see that some of you have been before so I figured you may know :)

- is there a shop/supermarket in the vicinity of the festival for supplies? Don't fancy much carrying beers and food all over the UK/Eurostar/Belgium along with our tents!

- is it worth going on the Wednesday and using the Hive campsite rather than regular camping? I'm attempting to convince my mates to do that as its no difference in price but to no avail.

Lineup looks really good this year would be great to finally be able to see PJ again - last time was at Reading something like 15 years ago!

I think their is an answer to the shops post a view posts up. Shops in Leuven (shuttle bus) or nearby village.

If your mates like football I would suggest buying Hive tickets, since the games are broadcasted there and you won't be able to get in without a Hive ticket. Otherwise it's a question of what you like. Hive has parties and a shower system, but is massive. Also might be an advantage to arrive on Wednesday if you don't want to miss out on Fontaines D.C.. No waiting in line on Thursday and time to set up your camp and do some shopping.

12 minutes ago, SCG95 said:

Seems this time last year the final names for RW were announced.

Can we expect more names this week or could we be kept waiting a little longer?

I think it depends on Pukkelpop. I kind of expected the first (!) names for Pukkelpop last week or at least this week... but they are very silent again. If they remain silent, I reckon we have a chance we'll get the final names (and timetable?) this friday. I can imagine they want to have the final poster for advertising.

2 hours ago, mungo57 said:

I've gone over on the Eurostar from London a few years in a row now, It's pretty straight-forward. You can stock up on beer in Leuvan (the town you get to before you go to the festival). It can get very hot at the festival though so buying cold beer in the tents or going back into Leuvan during the day is a good option too. It takes about two hours to get from the festival to the town and back.

Keep an eye on the weather before you go through, if it looks like it's going to be sunny, bring something you can setup for shade. It gets hot.

Yes, it is worth going to The Hive on Wednesday night, the dance tent is really good that night and everyone is hyper to be there. Depends if you like trashy pop / dance music. The Hive Resort upgrade is well worth the price for camping if you want to splurge a bit.

It's overall a much calmer festival than the likes of Glastonbury - still lots of drinking and dancing. But most people head to bed by 3ish.

19 minutes ago, Ronan said:

I've gone over on the Eurostar from London a few years in a row now, It's pretty straight-forward. You can stock up on beer in Leuvan (the town you get to before you go to the festival). It can get very hot at the festival though so buying cold beer in the tents or going back into Leuvan during the day is a good option too. It takes about two hours to get from the festival to the town and back.

Keep an eye on the weather before you go through, if it looks like it's going to be sunny, bring something you can setup for shade. It gets hot.

Yes, it is worth going to The Hive on Wednesday night, the dance tent is really good that night and everyone is hyper to be there. Depends if you like trashy pop / dance music. The Hive Resort upgrade is well worth the price for camping if you want to splurge a bit.

It's overall a much calmer festival than the likes of Glastonbury - still lots of drinking and dancing. But most people head to bed by 3ish.

Would you say there's a lot of people smoking there (not cigarettes of course)? The only festival I've been to where you get any sort of funny looks is Download and that tends to be because there's so many families there that we tend not to smoke in the arena areas. 

22 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Would you say there's a lot of people smoking there (not cigarettes of course)? The only festival I've been to where you get any sort of funny looks is Download and that tends to be because there's so many families there that we tend not to smoke in the arena areas. 

In my experience there's very little smoking. Not zero, but compared to others it's much more of a beers in the sunshine kinda vibe.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Not really in the arena, a bit in the hive, you'll also likely have no luck buying any drugs in the campsite/arena as well.