Rock Werchter 2020

3 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

That whole Barn lineup in sunday is a match made in heaven! 

We still expect another name next to Strokes on friday, plus a Barn headliner that day. Archive is never going to close that huge Barn, are they.

The Friday is already stacked for me so that's good news but I can't think of any realistic Barn headliner I'd miss The Strokes for anyway, hopefully we find out soon enough otherwise my imagination will get the better of me for who's getting added next to Strokes!

6 minutes ago, AAlex said:

The Friday is already stacked for me so that's good news but I can't think of any realistic Barn headliner I'd miss The Strokes for anyway, hopefully we find out soon enough otherwise my imagination will get the better of me for who's getting added next to Strokes!

You probably wouldn't have to miss a Barn headliner if The Strokes played last (which they would next to a band like Royal Blood)

3 minutes ago, Max2307 said:

So who’s rumoured to take that second Friday headline spot? Is it a mad cool repeat of either Royal Blood/Mumford & Sons? Or is there anyone else that’s considered 

RB seem to be the forerunner, Mumford played last year so not them. 

I'm starting to wonder whether RB could be the Barn headliner but they just fit too well next to The Strokes. Alt-J barn headline maybe? Makes perfect sense after Archive 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, AAlex said:

Normally the Barn head doesn’t clash with the last main stage act 😉

I'm still hoping for The National as a sub (or even Barn headliner as they did at PKP in the Marquee). There's still a gap between their last EU date (21 June) and their first US date (15 July), but I assume the Eaux Claires festival is planned somewhere in there? It is planned but no date has been confirmed yet.

Edited by VCF

24 minutes ago, Max2307 said:

So who’s rumoured to take that second Friday headline spot? Is it a mad cool repeat of either Royal Blood/Mumford & Sons? Or is there anyone else that’s considered 

Royal Blood and Post Malone seem to be the two biggest contenders. 

Are we still lacking a Slope head too on friday? It seems that on every other day the slope head is in a bigger font than other slope acts. 

However, this poster once again reminds of the strength of the Slope compared to other years. Strange to see girl in red and Phoebe Bridgers as one of the smallest names of the festival! 

43 minutes ago, EV123 said:

Royal Blood and Post Malone seem to be the two biggest contenders. 

Are we still lacking a Slope head too on friday? It seems that on every other day the slope head is in a bigger font than other slope acts. 

However, this poster once again reminds of the strength of the Slope compared to other years. Strange to see girl in red and Phoebe Bridgers as one of the smallest names of the festival! 

If Belgium survives until the Euro quarter finals, they're most likely playing that night (assuming they win group stage). So my guess would be a Belgian act headlining the Slope, so they could easily switch around/cancel in case a football game needs airing.

1 hour ago, Dietediet said:

If Belgium survives until the Euro quarter finals, they're most likely playing that night (assuming they win group stage). So my guess would be a Belgian act headlining the Slope, so they could easily switch around/cancel in case a football game needs airing.

If the Belgium game needs airing, won’t it be at the north west walls again? Much bigger space for all the people to stand 

15 minutes ago, iliandl said:

If the Belgium game needs airing, won’t it be at the north west walls again? Much bigger space for all the people to stand 

Last time, it was shown at both the NWW and the Slope. And everything was packed, so I assume they will do the same this year.

Not that many spots left, many options still available. And you know, within these 15/17 acts there will be some names we would never expect (Marc Rebillet for example the last time).

So max 10 obvious names I guess... And if you list them up, you'll see that we will lose some to Pukkelpop or another festival. 

Edited by Ken19
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Not that many spots left, many options still available. And you know, within these 15/17 acts there will be some names we would never expect (Marc Rebillet for example the last time).

So max 10 obvious names I guess... And if you list them up, you'll see that we will lose some to Pukkelpop or another festival. 

Some friends saw him at Les Ardentes last year and said that he was a really fun act, so I'd take any thing in the same vein. (I'd love salut c'est cool but I have no idea how'd they fit though here haha !) 

51 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

And then there are still the (obvious) Belgian acts.

4 hours ago, polnico said:

Some friends saw him at Les Ardentes last year and said that he was a really fun act, so I'd take any thing in the same vein. (I'd love salut c'est cool but I have no idea how'd they fit though here haha !) 

I'd take Salut C'est Cool anytime to close a tent stage! Saw them last year, craaaazy! But I guess not for everyone :D

• Upvote 1