Rock Werchter 2020

4 minutes ago, sarahuertlop said:

What about All Time Low? I know that they are not that relevant in Belgium but maybe they could headline the Barn or even play on the main stage between Liam and The Strokes? They are in Europe around that time 

They can go well with Jimmy Eat World on Saturday for two fine Pop-punk shows

1 hour ago, sarahuertlop said:

What about All Time Low? I know that they are not that relevant in Belgium but maybe they could headline the Barn or even play on the main stage between Liam and The Strokes? They are in Europe around that time 

Not relevant in Belgium but could headline the barn and sub/cohead the fest?

6 hours ago, Jazebel said:

Chemical Brothers were supposed to play Thursday at RW20 for awhile, but that got cancelled somehow. I also know which big act(s) they have recently been after for the Friday. I could probably spill it sometime later; let's first hope they manage to get something good after all. Because right now I have no idea what the plan is, tbh. (No new names this week, in case that wasn't already clear. Maybe next week or the one after.)

The same "think bigger than Green Day" - Band that should play NOS Alive? :P

From a commercial aspect, I would just book Post Malone as the second friday headliner and but a more or less "indie act"in the Barn/Klub C during the same time. I don't know his other obligations, though.

2 hours ago, polnico said:

Got my tickets for Gojira in AB ! Anyone else from this forum going ?

Going to. Didn't expect a soldout in 10 minutes for this show...

About Werchter, Royal Blood would be really cheap as sub in my opinion... 

The Strokes - Royal Blood - Liam Gallagher - Lewis Capaldi - Jake Bugg - Gang Of Youths. LG and LC sold out 8k venues in Brussels last month (not sure it was 100% sold for Liam). Strong British line-up, soldout in a minute in UK, but less for Belgium.

• Like 1

Just bought a Friday ticket for this and have been reading through the rumours! May I ask, why is another headliner being considered inbetween The Strokes and Liam?

Would those two not be two headliners on their own no? If another one is confirmed to be going on inbetween though I guess that’s great! 

1 hour ago, Max2307 said:

Just bought a Friday ticket for this and have been reading through the rumours! May I ask, why is another headliner being considered inbetween The Strokes and Liam?

Would those two not be two headliners on their own no? If another one is confirmed to be going on inbetween though I guess that’s great! 

Liam is not a headliner in belgium. Not even a co-head or sub. Just another strong name in the late afternoon / early evening 

24 minutes ago, Dennisf said:

Liam is not a headliner in belgium. Not even a co-head or sub. Just another strong name in the late afternoon / early evening 

With a nice co-head construction, he clearly is a sub. I mean, Noel was a few years ago (2018) and no one discussed that. I personally think that Liam's status is at least as big as Noel's, so that sub spot is nice.

King Gizz at Dour, kinda makes sense to see them there. Same for Black Midi, which I hoped to see as one of the remaining tent names. Also saw the first full poster on facebook earlier (thanks to Cigarettes After Sex), and you can't deny how good it looks, especially knowing the fact that there is an act to be added next to the Strokes. 

Capture d’écran 2020-02-28 à 15.16.12.png

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, polnico said:

With a nice co-head construction, he clearly is a sub. I mean, Noel was a few years ago (2018) and no one discussed that. I personally think that Liam's status is at least as big as Noel's, so that sub spot is nice.

I meant a real sub - like Pixies this year. Ofc was a decent. Not like in 2018, where Nick Cave was the sub before arctic monkeys, and Noel played before. 

Unless someone on the Friday has an extra long set can we assume there's two main stage acts to come? All other days have seven and Fridays just got the five, all of which I'd like to see.

Hopefully the full poster is out in March because I'm thinking this will be the one I end up doing now...  Michael Kiwanuka in The Barn on the final day is a match made in heaven.

1 minute ago, xydroh said:

I know a lot of you guys might not like it but I know a band that's very close and sold out every show they've announced so far.

MCR ... are livenation really not seeing that a lot of people are waiting for this?

Please don't chase Ken off again...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AAlex said:

Unless someone on the Friday has an extra long set can we assume there's two main stage acts to come? All other days have seven and Fridays just got the five, all of which I'd like to see.

Hopefully the full poster is out in March because I'm thinking this will be the one I end up doing now...  Michael Kiwanuka in The Barn on the final day is a match made in heaven.

That whole Barn lineup in sunday is a match made in heaven! 

We still expect another name next to Strokes on friday, plus a Barn headliner that day. Archive is never going to close that huge Barn, are they.