Rock Werchter 2020

Think we will get Royal Blood, and the other main stage act will be someone like Sam Fender/Two Door Cinema Club and playing much earlier on that afternoon. Would fit in really well with the currently announced acts for that day.

14 minutes ago, Gossard said:

My guess for Friday: Two Door Cinema Club - Liam Gallagher - Royal Blood - The Strokes

@Ken19 You think it's possible we'll have a dance act aftur the Strokes? RW seem to have stopped booking dance-acts after the headliner but it could save a rather week day....

There are not many Dance acts that are big enough to fill that spot. 

33 minutes ago, Gossard said:

My guess for Friday: Two Door Cinema Club - Liam Gallagher - Royal Blood - The Strokes

@Ken19 You think it's possible we'll have a dance act aftur the Strokes? RW seem to have stopped booking dance-acts after the headliner but it could save a rather week day....

That lineup went downhill fast with those two added names. 🤣

Royal Blood before The Strokes would never, ever sell out. It really needs another co-headliner like The Strokes.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, misterplow said:

That lineup went downhill fast with those two added names. 🤣

Royal Blood before The Strokes would never, ever sell out. It really needs another co-headliner like The Strokes.

@misterplow I didn't say it was my preference, just my guess. I agree that this would be very weak day.....

@Ken19What about The Chemical Brothers? They are free on Friday...but would then have to play two nights in a row as they're playing Open'er on Saturday.

8 minutes ago, mrface19 said:

Any chance at all of the RHCP, John Butler Trio or Kaleo making an appearance? Not necessarily on the Friday... 

Kaleo is not in Europe around the Werchter dates. RHCP would be awesome but I guess most realistic are, as mentioned already, Royal Blood + Two Door Cinema Club + smaller bands. Hope we'll get the answer tomorow

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Kaleo is not in Europe around the Werchter dates. RHCP would be awesome but I guess most realistic are, as mentioned already, Royal Blood + Two Door Cinema Club + smaller bands. Hope we'll get the answer tomorow

Aye, I guess it was always a stretch. Saying that, John Butler Trio are in Antwerp on the Friday, so there maaaay be a chance of them playing RW on one of the other days? I can hope...

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Gossard said:

@misterplow I didn't say it was my preference, just my guess. I agree that this would be very weak day.....

@Ken19What about The Chemical Brothers? They are free on Friday...but would then have to play two nights in a row as they're playing Open'er on Saturday.

Chemical Brothers was a no brainier 10 years ago. Now not anymore. 
very welcome in the barn though! 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, BlackFoxx said:

Thought as much!

Still really happy with Royal Blood anyway, and have my tickets bought regardless. Hopefully we will get the last few names tomorrow and then can properly start planning out my schedule of who to see. If anyone has any must see recommendations, particularly among the smaller names, please let me know. Generally into indie/punk, so I'm most excited for Pearl Jam, Pixies, Strokes, Fontaines DC, Phoebe Bridgers, Pup, Big Moon and Whitney, but open to any suggestions others have!

Inhaler, Alex Cameron and Parcels are the smaller names I’ve been impressed with. You might also like EGO KILL TALENT.

Haven’t really seen Jimmy Eat World get mentioned but their album from last year was excellent so they should be good. Going to see them next month in Manila so probably go see someone else at RW.

Really hoping Frank Carter and the RS get announced tomorrow. 

16 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Don't think they'll let TDCC play 2 times in a row ...

12 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Chemical Brothers was a no brainier 10 years ago. Now not anymore. 
very welcome in the barn though! 

Chemical Brothers were supposed to play Thursday at RW20 for awhile, but that got cancelled somehow. I also know which big act(s) they have recently been after for the Friday. I could probably spill it sometime later; let's first hope they manage to get something good after all. Because right now I have no idea what the plan is, tbh. (No new names this week, in case that wasn't already clear. Maybe next week or the one after.)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, BKKTOM said:

Inhaler, Alex Cameron and Parcels are the smaller names I’ve been impressed with. You might also like EGO KILL TALENT.

Haven’t really seen Jimmy Eat World get mentioned but their album from last year was excellent so they should be good. Going to see them next month in Manila so probably go see someone else at RW.

Really hoping Frank Carter and the RS get announced tomorrow. 

I've seen Jimmy Eat World twice touring this new album, and will see them the week after Werchter headlining 2000 Trees in the UK, so although I'm a big fan I'll probably use Werchter as an opportunity to see someone else. Would also really enjoy Frank Carter though, so fingers crossed there. Will have to check out more of the other names you mentioned. Thanks!

28 minutes ago, BKKTOM said:

Surely people understand that RHCP would only come as headliners and would probably cost more if not equal to the headliners already there. So in other words, no chance. 

Perhaps, but then with Frusciante coming back they seem to want to play before sitting down and recording an album. They've just stepped in for Metallica at Sonic Temple and with all the talk of a co-headliner on the Friday, it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility. Not saying it was ever likely, but...

8 minutes ago, Jazebel said:

Chemical Brothers were supposed to play Thursday at RW20 for awhile, but that got cancelled somehow. I also know which big act(s) they have recently been after for the Friday. I could probably spill it sometime later; let's first hope they manage to get something good after all. Because right now I have no idea what the plan is, tbh. (No new names this week, in case that wasn't already clear. Maybe next week or the one after.)

Would definitely be interested to hear the "what if" of who they were talking to for the Friday slot at a later date

11 minutes ago, Sneakyfox said:

Two doors + Royal Blood will be fine addition, but I was really hoping for bigger names, as the festival is pretty lacking in them now compared to former years (beside 2019).

Are KOL a possibility?

TDCC is really not something you can expect this year.