Rock Werchter 2020

42 minutes ago, polnico said:

I was thinking the same earlier. We'll see how it develops in the coming weeks, but if it keeps growing at this pace, I feel like this year's festival might be in jeopardy (and festivals all around the world...)

1 hour ago, djd4 said:

You guys reckon the coronavirus might have an effect on the festival? Apprehensive about booking anything yet as I'm coming from overseas. 

I don’t think they should cancel the festival because of this, if you have an OK health, the virus won’t do much to you, just like a cold, a simple flu kills tens of thousands of people every year so the corona virus isn’t that deadly at all.

On the other hand we’ll see what the government and werchter say and how it develops... 

1 minute ago, iliandl said:

I don’t think they should cancel the festival because of this, if you have an OK health, the virus won’t do much to you, just like a cold, a simple flu kills tens of thousands of people every year so the corona virus isn’t that deadly at all.

On the other hand we’ll see what the government and werchter say and how it develops... 

That isn't the issue. The danger is you could carry it to people who are more vulnerable to it. 

48 minutes ago, djd4 said:

That isn't the issue. The danger is you could carry it to people who are more vulnerable to it. 

Doubt most festival goers have too much to fear about the virus itself unless you have an unknown underlying condition,  but if this continues to spread and borders get closed, I'm quite sure that this (and many other) festivals will be cancelled. Not to start with EC in football and summer olympics. For the festival to go as planned, I think the virus needs to be on a decline before start of June.

8 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

Royal Blood at Mad Cool, imagine they could be our missing sub for The Strokes.

I'd rather not imagine that. 

Not that I don't like Royal Blood or feel that they are sub-level for Rock Werchter. 
It's just not the band that the Friday still needs to be a killer day on the main stage.

they are very popular there, they love the festival and probably have a v good relationship with the management, they are the most likely name imo. 

remember greta van fleet, london grammar and james blake subbed in the past, royal blood is probably at least about the same size as those acts. 

Will start this by saying I'm British so my understanding of band placements in Belgium will be slightly skewed, but we do have two main stage acts left for the Friday.

My instinct is that it'll probably be a run of Liam Gallagher - Royal Blood - Strokes, with the other act being a smaller band possibly shared with DTRH, as suggested by Ken, so someone like Sam Fender earlier that day?

Assume it would it be far too optimistic to ask for Liam Gallagher - Royal Blood - TBA - The Strokes?

1 minute ago, BlackFoxx said:

Will start this by saying I'm British so my understanding of band placements in Belgium will be slightly skewed, but we do have two main stage acts left for the Friday.

My instinct is that it'll probably be a run of Liam Gallagher - Royal Blood - Strokes, with the other act being a smaller band possibly shared with DTRH, as suggested by Ken, so someone like Sam Fender earlier that day?

Assume it would it be far too optimistic to ask for Liam Gallagher - Royal Blood - TBA - The Strokes?

Far too optimistic.

• Like 2

Just now, nowayanyway said:

Is it possible that Mumford and Sons will be at Rock Werchter instead of Royal Blood?

No...

There were negotiations with a far bigger band than Posty, Royal Blood and The National. No idea which one though. But the deal fell apart. 

Royal Blood is a strong contender.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ken19 said:

Far too optimistic.

Thought as much!

Still really happy with Royal Blood anyway, and have my tickets bought regardless. Hopefully we will get the last few names tomorrow and then can properly start planning out my schedule of who to see. If anyone has any must see recommendations, particularly among the smaller names, please let me know. Generally into indie/punk, so I'm most excited for Pearl Jam, Pixies, Strokes, Fontaines DC, Phoebe Bridgers, Pup, Big Moon and Whitney, but open to any suggestions others have!

2 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

Thought as much!

Still really happy with Royal Blood anyway, and have my tickets bought regardless. Hopefully we will get the last few names tomorrow and then can properly start planning out my schedule of who to see. If anyone has any must see recommendations, particularly among the smaller names, please let me know. Generally into indie/punk, so I'm most excited for Pearl Jam, Pixies, Strokes, Fontaines DC, Phoebe Bridgers, Pup, Big Moon and Whitney, but open to any suggestions others have!

Yeah Pup on the slope is a great booking. Very happy with them.

also looking forward to girl in red

Edited by Ken19
  • Like 1