Rock Werchter 2020

9 minutes ago, xydroh said:

why ? makes no sense to put them in the ab when they're so close to graspop and rock werchter.

Not a surprise they don't play at Graspop. They played there in 2019, 2017 and 2016. Seems they're in negotiations with Werchter but finally not happened. So a club show at AB is the best solution. They haven't played in a Belgian club since a while!

Lot of bands able to play at Graspop (or Werchter for some) the last few years played a club show instead :Whitesnake, Deftones and many more.

27 minutes ago, Archi said:

Not a surprise they don't play at Graspop. They played there in 2019, 2017 and 2016. Seems they're in negotiations with Werchter but finally not happened. So a club show at AB is the best solution. They haven't played in a Belgian club since a while!

Lot of bands able to play at Graspop (or Werchter for some) the last few years played a club show instead :Whitesnake, Deftones and many more.

graspop is no stranger to letting bands play twice in a row, especially if there's a new album for the second year. 

49 minutes ago, Archi said:

Yeah, i get it that it is a bit weird. They were on the list, and then they were off the list. Why, i don't know, i assume because another band came in the picture (Placebo on sunday i assume). Searching for a spot on another day, finally no solution was found, and the AB show was added. 

This happens every year a couple of times. Good example was Anderson .Paak in 2017, he was booked together with DTRH. He cancelled, played 2 AB shows instead, made up his cancel in 2018. Or Eddie Vedder last year.

2 minutes ago, brightside23 said:

is Archive headlining the Barn on the Friday? 

Normally not, but you never know. Things are not always going as planned. 

The better Barn on Thursday is to compensate the weaker main stage. The weaker barn on Saturday is because of the stronger main stage. If they follow this, we still need a strong headliner for the barn. But remember 2017, the combo Passenger - Bonobo was not really strong.

7 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Normally not, but you never know. Things are not always going as planned. 

The better Barn on Thursday is to compensate the weaker main stage. The weaker barn on Saturday is because of the stronger main stage. If they follow this, we still need a strong headliner for the barn. But remember 2017, the combo Passenger - Bonobo was not really strong.

I think that s a personal opinion, for me for example the main stage on Thursday is better then Saturday. But Saturday I don't find much options in the barn to go. 

Do you know if we can expect an extra sub on Friday  or even a co headliner? 

8 minutes ago, Festilitis said:

I think that s a personal opinion, for me for example the main stage on Thursday is better then Saturday. But Saturday I don't find much options in the barn to go. 

Do you know if we can expect an extra sub on Friday  or even a co headliner? 

Yes, that is why we haven't got any news last Friday. 

Well Kens just confirmed we're getting a sub/cohead for Friday and Mad Cool are teasing their Friday headliners which is a week later, one ending with S (The Strokes) and another beginning with R. I imagine whoever that R is will be announced tomorrow alongside Mad Cool, RHCP to close the night or Royal Blood to sub. As a Brit I find Royal Blood playing above Liam Gallagher hilarious but I'm not complaining.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Aech said:

Only played in 2018, would be too quick a return for them I imagine.

As did PJ, Gang Of Youths, Jorja Smith, Emma Bale, The Last Internationale and Dermot Kennedy. Don't think repeating acts is a massive concern for Werchter, personally they were one of the most boring bands for me last year (though it is nice to hear seaside and naive on a sunny afternoon) I hope that's more of a reason not to book them.

2 hours ago, Chaarlie said:

As did PJ, Gang Of Youths, Jorja Smith, Emma Bale, The Last Internationale and Dermot Kennedy. Don't think repeating acts is a massive concern for Werchter, personally they were one of the most boring bands for me last year (though it is nice to hear seaside and naive on a sunny afternoon) I hope that's more of a reason not to book them.

Repeating acts is a thing were Werchter is good at.

I expect them to finalise this weekend their line up. Next week it is Pukkelpop. And they are not going to announce next week. This week or the week of 9 March it is.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Repeating acts is a thing were Werchter is good at.

I expect them to finalise this weekend their line up. Next week it is Pukkelpop. And they are not going to announce next week. This week or the week of 9 March it is.

Any chance of Frank Carter or Creeper? They’re both on the Mad Cool line up and it shares a lot of the same acts. 

Could Björk be an option?

02 July Crocus Music Hall – Moscow, Russia 
06 July Hartwall Arena – Helsinki, Finland 
09 July Waldbühne Open Air – Berlin, Germany 
17 July Siene Musicale – Paris, France
20 July Siene Musicale – Paris, France 
26 July Bluedot Festival – Cheshire, UK 

I guess the Moscow date on the Thursday already rules her out....