Rock Werchter 2020

16 hours ago, Ni&co said:

Or Oscar and the wolf 

Edit: nevermind i'm stupid, he was there last year

No, he was not. 2017 was the last time Max attended RW. I think he is freakishly good, already seen him 3 times live. But it seems like he's mainly working on his album now. He only had a few concerts in the last months of 2019 and he has no dates for 2020.

EDIT: Oh, you weren't talking about RW. my bad.

Edited by Ohad
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ohad said:

No, he was not. 2017 was the last time Max attended RW.

I think he is freakishly good, already seen him 3 times live. But it seems like he's mainly working on his album now. He only had a few concerts in the last months of 2019 and he has no dates for 2020.

Think Ni&Co meant that Oscar was on Lokerse and Cactus last year 😉

8 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Only her indoor shows, not her festival appearances. Which makes me think she'll compensate by adding more festival dates?

One can dream. Don't count on it though...

That friday remains a big mystery.

Ah, ok. Read so many conflicting clickbait articles that said "entire European leg" and whatnot. 

16 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Only her indoor shows, not her festival appearances. Which makes me think she'll compensate by adding more festival dates?

One can dream. Don't count on it though...

That friday remains a big mystery.

Yes, don't count on it... Strange story this cancellation. It reminds me on the Bon Iver cancellation in 2017.

1 minute ago, visdave34 said:

So, do you know if we're getting any new names tomorrow, @Ken19 or @Jazebel?

Found it really remarkable that there was no 'More names soon/next week' or anything similar in last week's announcement. 

Pukkelpop's turn this week maybe?

If it is Pukkelpop's week, you would already know that. If it is next week, they will give a hint tomorrow i guess. 

1 hour ago, Ken19 said:

If it is Pukkelpop's week, you would already know that. If it is next week, they will give a hint tomorrow i guess. 

I guess so! Does that mean we can still expect an announcement for RW tomorrow? Sure hope so! They might even complete the programme tomorrow to make way for Pukkelpop I guess.

2 hours ago, Oleksii said:

Strange that RW haven't invited King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard after their two sold-out October's shows in Brussel  🤔

They are on their wishlist, but have you seen their schedule? 

King Gizzard is one of my bucketlist bands for RW. They can play a legendary show in one of the tenths. 

• Upvote 2

On 2/17/2020 at 9:09 AM, BenG92 said:

Bear in mind if we get Green Day we'll have to endure songs from their latest album, which is the audio equivalent of a war crime

No room for hyperbole there.

Though I assumed as the Hella Mega tour with FOB and Weezer is playing Antwerp that Werchter is a no-go for GD.

On 2/17/2020 at 10:05 AM, Blaxey said:

I saw them in Madrid when they did a special concert before the Mtv sevilla show. It was all dookie but they played the song of father of all... and live is fucking nice ( I hate the filter voice of the studio version).

I imagine its better live.

I have similar expectations for that new Biffy Clyro song. It sounds like it could work well live, but on record, it sounds a bit too heavily processed for my liking.

2 hours ago, Ken19 said:

They are on their wishlist, but have you seen their schedule? 

King Gizzard is one of my bucketlist bands for RW. They can play a legendary show in one of the tenths. 

yeah, and I'd say a bit strange schedule. Especially given that they have several shows in Europe then one in the USA and then again they beck in a month to Europe. 🤔

Anyway, their shows and music like a gulp of fresh air in the music world. 

Edited by Oleksii