Rock Werchter 2020

how are chances looking for bands like: Squid, The Murder Capital, Shame, The Blinders, blackbear, Trevor Daniel, IDLES, Royal Blood, Sir Sly

and belgian bands like: Black Box Revelation, Equal Idiots, Portland, Crooked Steps, SONS, Het Zesde Metaal

i know these are a lot of names and not all of them will be there but just asking if i should keep my hopes up for just even one of these bands, there must still be a “belgian bands announcement” to come?

very happy with the line up already :) 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, iliandl said:

how are chances looking for bands like: Squid, The Murder Capital, Shame, The Blinders, blackbear, Trevor Daniel, IDLES, Royal Blood, Sir Sly

and belgian bands like: Black Box Revelation, Equal Idiots, Portland, Crooked Steps, SONS, Het Zesde Metaal

i know these are a lot of names and not all of them will be there but just asking if i should keep my hopes up for just even one of these bands, there must still be a “belgian bands announcement” to come?

very happy with the line up already :) 

SONS are on the line up of TW classic

• Like 1

Are we even getting any more big names by now? Will be kinda Disappointing if not.

I mean, The Strokes are good, but surely deserve a Co-Headline? Esepcially when Thursday and Sunday got some weak names as the second biggest acts (Volbeat are fine, but I think Sunday deserves another big name).

Saturday seems to be the best day - Kendrick, 21P, FNM, PAAK, Keane

37 minutes ago, Sneakyfox said:

Are we even getting any more big names by now? Will be kinda Disappointing if not.

I mean, The Strokes are good, but surely deserve a Co-Headline? Esepcially when Thursday and Sunday got some weak names as the second biggest acts (Volbeat are fine, but I think Sunday deserves another big name).

Saturday seems to be the best day - Kendrick, 21P, FNM, PAAK, Keane

Sunday is big to Belgian levels, three acts in a row who could fill Belgium's biggest arena. Wouldn't be surprised if that day sells out first. 

9 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

One of the insiders once mentioned that Green Day refuse to be part in co-headline constructions, which is why they skipped RW on their last festival tour. 

And are we sure The Strokes are headlining? They don't seem to mention it on the website (the english version doesn't work so I'm using google translate).... 

16 minutes ago, Gossard said:

And are we sure The Strokes are headlining? They don't seem to mention it on the website (the english version doesn't work so I'm using google translate).... 

Yes they're headlining for sure. They also don't mention on their website that Pearl Jam are headlining and I am pretty sure it's the case...

Just now, polnico said:

Yes they're headlining for sure. They also don't mention on their website that Pearl Jam are headlining and I am pretty sure it's the case...

Pearl Jam have headlined before. The Strokes haven't and I personally wouldn't buy a ticket just to see them....but having said that, Editors have headlined so who knows how big The Strokes really are in Belgium 😛 

1 hour ago, Gossard said:

Pearl Jam have headlined before. The Strokes haven't and I personally wouldn't buy a ticket just to see them....but having said that, Editors have headlined so who knows how big The Strokes really are in Belgium 😛 

Surely that's more a sign that Editors are just huge in Belgium than anything else.

Just now, charlierc said:

Surely that's more a sign that Editors are just huge in Belgium than anything else.

Yes of course. The Strokes are not really big here in Iceland, so assuming out of their popularity in Iceland they'd never headline. But bands popularity tends to vary between countries so I have no idea if they're a headlining material in Belgium or not....that's why I'm asking if we're sure they're headlining because I can't find anything that says they are. 

...and I'd think Green Day, who have not played the festival since 2013 and RW seem to fit their tour schedule, would fit nicely headlining that Friday.

9 hours ago, Gossard said:

Yes of course. The Strokes are not really big here in Iceland, so assuming out of their popularity in Iceland they'd never headline. But bands popularity tends to vary between countries so I have no idea if they're a headlining material in Belgium or not....that's why I'm asking if we're sure they're headlining because I can't find anything that says they are. 

...and I'd think Green Day, who have not played the festival since 2013 and RW seem to fit their tour schedule, would fit nicely headlining that Friday.

The Strokes are headliners everywhere they go: they ask for that slot and if a festival is willing to sustain the expense and to give them the spot, they will play, otherwise they will skip the country. 

That's the reason why I assume that The Strokes never played Iceland: they are just not popular enough to drag the selling in order to justify the fee the organizers must pay to get them.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Bear in mind if we get Green Day we'll have to endure songs from their latest album, which is the audio equivalent of a war crime

I saw them in Madrid when they did a special concert before the Mtv sevilla show. It was all dookie but they played the song of father of all... and live is fucking nice ( I hate the filter voice of the studio version).