Rock Werchter 2020

24 minutes ago, BKKTOM said:

Swap them out for Deftones then. They could potentially play the 2nd or 5th. 

I don't see Deftones playing now. If they played the 2nd they'd be doing 4 nights in a row on tour and wouldn't really fit on that day's bill anywhere. If they played the 5th they'd surely have to go before Placebo on the main stage next to all the other heavies, I would have guessed they'd be in Placebo's spot until they got announced. Still, I wouldn't argue, love 'em! 

26 minutes ago, MrTobs said:

Glastonbury just announced Lana Del Rey. Her route in june is europe (Primavera Sound etc.), then US (Bonnarroo) and then back to europe. I doubt she returns to europe for only one gig at Glasto, so maybe a small chance she's doing Werchter and Roskilde the week after aswell, although the insiders said it's unlikely.

Glasto pyramid stage is a big deal, I can see an artist flying out just to do that. Again though, here's hoping. 

3 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

I don't see Deftones playing now. If they played the 2nd they'd be doing 4 nights in a row on tour and wouldn't really fit on that day's bill anywhere. If they played the 5th they'd surely have to go before Placebo on the main stage next to all the other heavies, I would have guessed they'd be in Placebo's spot until they got announced. Still, I wouldn't argue, love 'em! 

Glasto pyramid stage is a big deal, I can see an artist flying out just to do that. Again though, here's hoping. 

Yeah you're probably right. They'd be a great Barn headliner. QoTSA blew the roof off the King Tuts Tent when they headlined it at T in the Park years ago and could imagine an inform Deftones doing the same thing. There's already Beck/Disclosure then Thom Yorke on the days available tho.

35 minutes ago, MrTobs said:

Glastonbury just announced Lana Del Rey. Her route in june is europe (Primavera Sound etc.), then US (Bonnarroo) and then back to europe. I doubt she returns to europe for only one gig at Glasto, so maybe a small chance she's doing Werchter and Roskilde the week after aswell, although the insiders said it's unlikely.

I think this Glasto booking was already a done deal for a long time, like Jazebel said, they tried to continue her tour and bring her to RW but things didn't work out. 

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, xydroh said:

@ken19 any insight on how Rock werchter perceived the parkway drive booking last year? if it was positive I can see the gojira booking working out maybe this year.

Parkway Drive was a positive experience. A little bit strange to see a typical Graspop show in Werchter, but it worked really well. But this has no effect on a booking for another metal act. 

Haha, @Ken19 you gave 1 drip of info after your sabbatical due to trolling. Now everyone is coming back for the advice and info. Good to see you are measuring your responses.

I know Biffy Clyro are not big in BE/NL but can still give a show just as good as others that are in the same boat or are side project bands i.e. Thom and Damon.

Anybody out there have any clues for the legend spot this year ( previously Kylie/ Robert Plant/ The Pretenders).

2 hours ago, Scarnic said:

Haha, @Ken19 you gave 1 drip of info after your sabbatical due to trolling. Now everyone is coming back for the advice and info. Good to see you are measuring your responses.

I know Biffy Clyro are not big in BE/NL but can still give a show just as good as others that are in the same boat or are side project bands i.e. Thom and Damon.

Anybody out there have any clues for the legend spot this year ( previously Kylie/ Robert Plant/ The Pretenders).

I just don't think Biffy are going to accept the slots Werchter would be willing to offer them, I wish they would though.

I just listened to Billie's new bond song and was pleasantly surprised of how good it was. I know that the chances of this happening are close to 0, but with the fact that her Boutique show was cancelled and the Sportpaleis is now sold out, but I think it'd be an amazing coup of werchter to sign her for the last 'empty headliner spot' on friday.

12 minutes ago, polnico said:

I just listened to Billie's new bond song and was pleasantly surprised of how good it was. I know that the chances of this happening are close to 0, but with the fact that her Boutique show was cancelled and the Sportpaleis is now sold out, but I think it'd be an amazing coup of werchter to sign her for the last 'empty headliner spot' on friday.

Not this year, obviously

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EngineNr9 said:

I think there's still hope, but I think Jazebel is closer to the fire and he wasn't positive about it. So I was anxious to mention her😉

Having had her health issues, I don't see it happening that she'll play her show 4 days in a row. Would gladly be proven wrong, but may even want her to take good care of herself even more.