Rock Werchter 2020

8 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

It's way more likely to be someone on the level of The National or Tame Impala rather than RHCP. Still a big name but not an all-star. 

Tame Impala has been ruled out by Jazebel. The only possibilities that haven't been ruled out yet are KOL, The National and Posty for the moment. It's very strange to see Posty being added to BST on the 2nd of July, while the festival normally goes from Friday to Sunday. That's why I think he's the most likely one to be our missing co-headliner on Friday. It would also be a logic addition as they have the undercard and that Saturday to attract younger people to buy a combi ticket, but they miss an interesting headliner for that target group on one of the other days. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, EV123 said:

Tame Impala has been ruled out by Jazebel. The only possibilities that haven't been ruled out yet are KOL, The National and Posty for the moment. It's very strange to see Posty being added to BST on the 2nd of July, while the festival normally goes from Friday to Sunday. That's why I think he's the most likely one to be our missing co-headliner on Friday. It would also be a logic addition as they have the undercard and that Saturday to attract younger people to buy a combi ticket, but they miss an interesting headliner for that target group on one of the other days. 

Just to back up your theory - Open'er is still mising a Saturday (co-)headliner.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, EV123 said:

I found them terribly boring in 2018, but with a new album, they will always be a possibility I suppose. But no dates yet in Europe, so I wouldn't count too much on them being there. 

Thanks. Yeah, just checked their tour guide and they're in the States only at the mo, though would be time for Europe between their last two US shows. 

Surprised you found them boring, but each to their own :)

1 hour ago, EV123 said:

Sorry, but what or who is Jazebel? A RW represenative?

Regardless, Tame Impala seems possible as co-headliner with The Strokes. They're quite big nowadays (headlined Coachella a year ago as a replacement to JT/Kanye) but I don't imagine Kevin is actually too expensive as a co-head for RW. He was a headliner alongside twenty-one pilots in some smaller festivals last year (Lowlands/PKP, for example), I'd assume both are at a similliar price-level: Also, I don't imagine Kendrick counts as a smaller or cheaper headliner than Strokes (though I don't really know that, just assuming) so as long as 21P-Kendrick is happening I don't see why Tame-Strokes is unlikely. Moreover, Tames new album is out in 2 days and they have a month-long gap in their US leg, starting mid-June, just in time for some European festivals. Or RW, at least.

So overall Kevin seems quite likely, but whoever Jazebel is, if he/she/it is a reliable source I guess all my speculations really doesn't matter.

Also, I think Post is a shit act. His performance 2 years ago was rubbish. And unlike many others, I really don't see how he fits with Fridays lineup.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Ohad said:

Sorry, but what or who is Jazebel? A RW represenative?

Posts legit info here along with Ken19. They said "Doesn't look like one of those will be there." in response to someone asking about Foals, Vampire Weekend, Idles, Editors and Tame Impala. 

If you're wondering about their validity they posted the first letter of each band in the Placebo batch a day before the official reveal. 

However, at the same time, they also said "RATM simply don't seem to be touring Europe in 2020" so there's obviously plenty in this industry that's a very well-kept secret 

Edited by BenG92

11 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Posts legit info here along with Ken19. They said "Doesn't look like one of those will be there." in response to someone asking about Foals, Vampire Weekend, Idles, Editors and Tame Impala. 

If you're wondering about their validity they posted the first letter of each band in the Placebo batch a day before the official reveal. 

However, at the same time, they also said "RATM simply don't seem to be touring Europe in 2020" so there's obviously plenty in this industry that's a very well-kept secret 

Hmm, alright. So it seems they do have reliable information about names INCLUDED in the announcements, which is awesome. But as you mentioned, it's quite different than information about other acts who aren't included in the nearest name-drop / won't be at RW at all.

I never actually saw Jazebel saying that Tame Impala was out of RW, but I have seen Ken saying that he likes Tame Impala very much.

In my opinion what makes the most sense to accompany The Strokes is really Tame Impala or Kol . If it is a Kaleo I am disappointed because I have seen it on the Second Stage of NOS Alive.

1 hour ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

I never actually saw Jazebel saying that Tame Impala was out of RW, but I have seen Ken saying that he likes Tame Impala very much.

In my opinion what makes the most sense to accompany The Strokes is really Tame Impala or Kol . If it is a Kaleo I am disappointed because I have seen it on the Second Stage of NOS Alive.

No one is saying Kaleo would be a coheadliner though. If they return, it's in the afternoon.

As for Tame Impala: Ken said at the end of 2019 that there were rumours about them preferring to play arena shows rather than festival headline shows. Jazebel said "it looks like they won't be there" when someone posted a wishlist recently, including Tame Impala. It's looking less and less likely that they're still coming to Europe in July. I'd say they are out if not announced by Friday (album release date).

12 minutes ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

What is actually the plan for Vampire Weekend? I know Jazebel ruled them out, but they only have announced this Benicassim show in europe for the summer and nothing else......why?

They are playing in Switzerland and Paris too. Quite strange that RW missed them twice with their new album. They could really draw a big crowd at Werchter, I think. 

52 minutes ago, EV123 said:

They are playing in Switzerland and Paris too. Quite strange that RW missed them twice with their new album. They could really draw a big crowd at Werchter, I think. 

Long negotiations last year, first they didn't want to come early to Europe, then they did for Glastonbury and finally they wanted to stay in Glastonbury (2 shows?). Frustrating. They did all the other important festivals already in the Werchter periode last year. That is why they are not available right now i guess. On the other hand, they will be back some time in the near future, that's for sure. 

Organising Werchter in the same weekend as Glastonbury, like last year, always has some + and - . 

3 hours ago, BKKTOM said:

Wishlist for Friday?

Main Stage Friday: One of Foals, Two Door Cinema Club, The National or Tame Impala.

Complete left field choice: Against Me!

Anywhere: Creeper, Of Monsters & Men, Fever 333, Easy Life, Pet Shop Boys. 

Two door cinema club played last year

Last year I was pleased to see Vampire Weekend at NOS Alive and is very curious to see them and to be honest I found a normal concert nothing too much, a simple concert, I expected more from them.

The National I like them a lot but they have come to Portugal 17 times already and this year they come to Rock in Rio again, so I want bands like Tame Impala and KoL that I haven't seen and don't come to Portugal very often.

Glastonbury just announced Lana Del Rey. Her route in june is europe (Primavera Sound etc.), then US (Bonnarroo) and then back to europe. I doubt she returns to europe for only one gig at Glasto, so maybe a small chance she's doing Werchter and Roskilde the week after aswell, although the insiders said it's unlikely.

Edited by MrTobs