Rock Werchter 2020

4 hours ago, everest said:

They won't come twice to Europe.

It's weird that there is no Netherlands, Belgium, Italy and some other countries on the list so I think they will come back in 2021 and headline Pinkpop, Werchter, Firenze etc.

I’m still hoping!! On Wednesday RATM posted a picture of a gig from Torhout ‘93, now Werchter, on their Facebook page. Lots of comments from fans asking if that’s a sign they will return. I’m crossing everything for Friday as I really don’t want to have to go to RANDL to see them.

48 minutes ago, IdleWild78 said:

I’m still hoping!! On Wednesday RATM posted a picture of a gig from Torhout ‘93, now Werchter, on their Facebook page. Lots of comments from fans asking if that’s a sign they will return. I’m crossing everything for Friday as I really don’t want to have to go to RANDL to see them.

maybe 2021...

19 minutes ago, Sneakyfox said:

Hey, I'm new here and I want to visit Rock Werchter from abroad as the lineup looks sick.

I have a question, should we expect any new big announcements? How many more bands should we expect, as compared to the years before, and when are the announcements?

Thanks

Announcements friday 4pm Belgium time

Around half of the lineup is full. We should expect a lot of small names, some mid sized names and one big name for friday.

Edited by Nicklord
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Sneakyfox said:

Hey, I'm new here and I want to visit Rock Werchter from abroad as the lineup looks sick.

I have a question, should we expect any new big announcements? How many more bands should we expect, as compared to the years before, and when are the announcements?

Thanks

Most of the bigger names are filled out now, we're expecting someone to go before/after The Strokes though. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nicklord said:

Announcements friday 4pm Belgium time

Around half of the lineup is full. We should expect a lot of small names, some mid sized names and one big name for friday.

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

Most of the bigger names are filled out now, we're expecting someone to go before/after The Strokes though. 

Much obliged!

42 minutes ago, Ni&co said:

How about wu tang clan? They have a few shows scheduled for the summer

Couldn't think of a slot where they'd fit in honestly. Also, having seen them last year... not that great. GZA especially just doesn't have it any more. I've seen Ghost 3 times and he's shown up late and wasted each time. They're burnt out.

38 minutes ago, SCG95 said:

Surprised to see we're still expecting/ hoping for another big name for the Friday.

Is LG not headlining that night alongside The Strokes then?

that would be a very poor day in my opinion. LG is not big at all here and the stroker are exclusive but not a band that can carry a day by itself.

I really can't see a band now topping the Strokes who probably command a HL's fee, who are already playing after someone who's headlining one of the biggest festivals in Europe. Both probably don't come cheap so to add someone as big as the Chili's wouldn't really make financial sense. Ken alluded to Post Malone and I'd say someone of his popularity would be more likely to play before the Strokes or LG.