Rock Werchter 2020

14 hours ago, The_Preach said:

Here comes the post of @Ken19;) 

Edit; Was too late hahaha, but you keep the spirits high for us Ken! :) 

I am wondering what name RW missed this year, is it RATM or Eminem? I guess Eminem was planning to tour starting mid June and stopping Mid July but rescheduled it towards the entire month of August.

Cya next week!

Has to be Red Hot Chili Peppers, would have been a great way to close the festival on sunday. Volbeat was announced pretty late, maybe they are our Plan B to back up System of A Down.

@Ken19 has the missing friday name already been announced for shows in europe?

With RW not being sold out yet and the amount of options for festivals goers around Europe I can't see them not announcing someone as big as RATM, GnR's or the Chili's if they've got them signed up. I think we're looking at the next tier down (KoL, Tame Impala, Bring Me the Horizon - bands of that nature) for 'big' announcements from now on. Would be great to be wrong however. 

19 minutes ago, BKKTOM said:

With RW not being sold out yet and the amount of options for festivals goers around Europe I can't see them not announcing someone as big as RATM, GnR's or the Chili's if they've got them signed up. I think we're looking at the next tier down (KoL, Tame Impala, Bring Me the Horizon - bands of that nature) for 'big' announcements from now on. Would be great to be wrong however. 

Agreed! I need to lower my hopes a bit hahaha!p

44 minutes ago, HerrBuergermeister said:

According to the RW homepage we have only one „real“ Headliner so far. 

So three are missing.
Am i right?

Thursday and Sunday Main Stage lineups are complete, Saturday only has a Main Stage opener left. So not quite three headliners missing.

The best we can still expect is a big act to go between Liam Gallagher and The Strokes. But given that a lot of options have already been ruled out by insiders, I wouldn't get your hopes up too much neither. Probably something like Royal Blood or Post Malone. 

1 hour ago, HerrBuergermeister said:

According to the RW homepage we have only one „real“ Headliner so far. 

So three are missing.
Am i right?

HAha omg wow. Some people will never EVER have enough, will they? 😆

Another act in between Liam/Strokes or after Strokes is to be expected though. Few acts have been in the running, back out, back in again. I don't think anything is a done deal yet , guess it would have been announced if it was. Fingers crossed.

Mind you, this sort of situation happens every year, but it's not always this obvious. The Greta Van Fleet spot last year could have been Eddie Vedder's, but he fell through early on. Surely other options must have been considered, but oh well, it happens. Pixies subbing PJ wasn't their first intention either, but I suppose they'll manage with PJ, the good Barn, etc.

RATM simply don't seem to be touring Europe in 2020. But let's all hope for 2021! RHCP/FF were never really an option as far as I know. SOAD headlining on the other hand, was actually always the plan, after 2017's success.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7

It is and was not a thing of getting never enough, really!

But only Pearl Jam has been announced by RW Homepage as a headliner. „The first headliner is in“  

This additional note was not mentioned by announcing  the Strokes, nor SOAD or Mr. Lamar.

So i asked and thought i can still keep on dreaming.

Also i went to Werchter for more then 15 times, first years i went to Torhout as well.
In 96 there played on twi days:

Neil Young, RHCP, RATM, Radiohead, Massive Attack, Pulp, Afghan Whigs 

and next day Prodigy, David Bowie, Chemical Brothers, Foo Fighters and many more!!!

So at Werchter things don‘t get better due to Boutique, Classic and more.

Looks like this year will be my last time at Werchter. Instead i will go to MadCool or Primavera. 
Much better lineup in my opinion.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Jazebel said:

HAha omg wow. Some people will never EVER have enough, will they? 😆

Another act in between Liam/Strokes or after Strokes is to be expected though. Few acts have been in the running, back out, back in again. I don't think anything is a done deal yet , guess it would have been announced if it was. Fingers crossed.

Mind you, this sort of situation happens every year, but it's not always this obvious. The Greta Van Fleet spot last year could have been Eddie Vedder's, but he fell through early on. Surely other options must have been considered, but oh well, it happens. Pixies subbing PJ wasn't their first intention either, but I suppose they'll manage with PJ, the good Barn, etc.

RATM simply don't seem to be touring Europe in 2020. But let's all hope for 2021! RHCP/FF were never really an option as far as I know. SOAD headlining on the other hand, was actually always the plan, after 2017's success.

RATM is rumored to play R/L end of August. So their availability might just have been limited in June / July?

5 minutes ago, HerrBuergermeister said:

It is and was not a thing of getting never enough, really!

But only Pearl Jam has been announced by RW Homepage as a headliner. „The first headliner is in“  

This additional note was not mentioned by announcing  the Strokes, nor SOAD or Mr. Lamar.

So i asked and thought i can still keep on dreaming.

Also i went to Werchter for more then 15 times, first years i went to Torhout as well.
In 96 there played on twi days:

Neil Young, RHCP, RATM, Radiohead, Massive Attack, Pulp, Afghan Whigs 

and next day Prodigy, David Bowie, Chemical Brothers, Foo Fighters and many more!!!

So at Werchter things don‘t get better due to Boutique, Classic and more.

Looks like this year will be my last time at Werchter. Instead i will go to MadCool or Primavera. 
Much better lineup in my opinion.

How can you compare 1996 to 2020? A lot of the bands named were not as popular BY FAR at that time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

@Ken19 & @Jazebel it makes me super happy to heard that their potentially is a co-head for the saturday, I have one question though. Is their any hope left for Gojira ? I thought they were nearly confirmed when that website  (I don't remember the name) said in 2019 that they would come at Werchter, but right now I am starting to feel like it won't be the case. A lot of the main stage slots are filled, and even though it'd be insane for them to be in the Barn I don't know if Werchter would do that. Any hope for this amazing band ?

Edited by polnico

2 minutes ago, polnico said:

@Ken19 & @Jazebel it makes me super happy to heard that their potentially is a co-head for the saturday, I have one question though. Is their any hope left for Gojira ? I thought they were nearly confirmed when that website  (I don't remember the name) said in 2019 that they would come at Werchter, but right now I am starting to feel like it won't be the case. A lot of the main stage slots are filled, and even though it'd be insane for them to be in the Barn I don't know if Werchter would do that. Any hope for this amazing band ?

Gojira in the Barn with Kendrick Lamar on the Main Stage would be ideal 😎

3 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Gojira in the Barn with Kendrick Lamar on the Main Stage would be ideal 😎

Kendrick will be the last act on the main, so there probably won't be any Barn act playing. The last KlubC act will probably clash with K Dot (Agnes Obel or probably a bigger Barn head).

Think Gojira are a bit too small to actually headline the Barn. Gojira is a good band, but I think it may be a tad too 'hard' for RW. I think they fit better at Graspop.

2 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Kendrick will be the last act on the main, so there probably won't be any Barn act playing. The last KlubC act will probably clash with K Dot (Agnes Obel or probably a bigger Barn head).

Think Gojira are a bit too small to actually headline the Barn. Gojira is a good band, but I think it may be a tad too 'hard' for RW. I think they fit better at Graspop.

They played GMM last year, they're semi local (french actually), they're probably the best metal band today and one of, if not THE best live band in the metal scene today. 

....ahh, and Mario is with out a shadow of a doubt the best drummer in the world today! Having played GMM last year they certainly belong at RW now...

...and Kendrick Lamar headlining the Main Stage is probably the stupidest thing I've ever heard....but at the same time I think you're right and he will headline on main :(

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gossard said:

They played GMM last year, they're semi local (french actually), they're probably the best metal band today and one of, if not THE best live band in the metal scene today. 

....ahh, and Mario is with out a shadow of a doubt the best drummer in the world today! Having played GMM last year they certainly belong at RW now...

...and Kendrick Lamar headlining the Main Stage is probably the stupidest thing I've ever heard....but at the same time I think you're right and he will headline on main :(

I perfectly agree with the 2 first sentences of this post, but I see Kendrick as a great headliner, probably the best one possible in the entire hip/hop world (according to me at least). It has also been said that his new album might be "rock-oriented" which makes me even more excited. I really hope he brings a full live band on stage, like he did during his 2015 tour.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Maybe they'll be there. Don't think they're THAT big so they could be added in a future announcement. I'm not the biggest metalhead but I agree in that they're a great band. I'm hoping for you that they'll be there. 🙂

Don't know why Kendrick headlining the main would be the stupidest thing? Such a great headliner and an excellent artist. The headliner I look forward to the most (okay, together with Strokes 😉 ). He's one of the reasons I love this lineup so much.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, polnico said:

I perfectly agree with the 2 first sentences of this post, but I see Kendrick as a great headliner, probably the best one possible in the entire hip/hop world (according to me at least). It has also been said that his new album might be "rock-oriented" which makes me even more excited. I really hope he brings a full live band on stage, like he did during his 2015 tour.

I don't mind Kendrick, it was more of a joke or banter ;)   ....but having said that I'm really disappointed that Faith no More, one of my all time favorite band, is not headlining like they did so well in 2015.

• Upvote 1