Rock Werchter 2020

3 minutes ago, The_Preach said:

Hmm any other big names still coming or are the announcements going to be like last ones?

Friday definitely needs another main headliner and Barn headliner.

Strokes are excellent, but for a festival the size of RW you need an equally big co-head. Was always thinking that would be Tame Impala, but now I don't know it anymore.

5 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Strokes are excellent, but for a festival the size of RW you need an equally big co-head. Was always thinking that would be Tame Impala, but now I don't know it anymore.

I am wondering if there will be another big co-head, The Strokes are really expensive. Only option is KoL I think or there is a new name coming into the field. We also thought SOAD wouldn't close the festival but they are....

Edited by The_Preach

2 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

if they don't sell out a day out of 4 it's not that bad.

Agree. And the guys said to lower your expectations multiple times. That's why i'm not having much hope for Massive Attack either for example. 

My only remaining hope is they actually add Gojira and/or maybe other smaller heavy bands to spice-up the first couple of days. 

And if KoL are the only 'big' option left just promote someone else to a co-head (and not Liam... ) . Get Royal Blood. Though I'm assuming they would prefer a female artist, if any. 

4 minutes ago, The_Preach said:

I think we also got a bit spoiled by insider(s) saying it would be the best lineup mostly in comparison with Mad Cool... Which I don't agree with upon now (But that is my music preference maybe). 

Looking at the 2018 line up there should still be about 40 names to go, so not giving up yet. Really was wishing for some of those 'probably just forget about it' names though.

57 minutes ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

Looking at the line up now in my opinion it looks so bland overall, lots of repeat bookings and not many inspired choices except strokes , and Kendrick Lamar  

I love Werchter, it is a great festival but they do LOVE a repeat act don't they!

• Upvote 1

Let's not forget that last year Greta Van Fleet (and Rosalia more importantly) weren't added until Feb 27th, and then March 1st was Robyn, Richard Ashcroft etc. to close out the list. 2018 The Killers were added on Feb 14th and acts like Franz Ferdinand and Post Malone came ever later.

We've still got a ways (and a big act) to go ;) 

Edited by BenG92

1 hour ago, The_Preach said:

I am wondering if there will be another big co-head, The Strokes are really expensive. Only option is KoL I think or there is a new name coming into the field. We also thought SOAD wouldn't close the festival but they are....

I think both The Strokes and SOAD are in the same price category. But, while I’m not a fan of that main stage, they got 2 acts that could fill the Sportpaleis playing before them. And a very strong Barn lineup. 

I think Strokes really need a similar treatment if they want to sell out that day. Liam doesn’t shift many tickets, he can’t even fill Vorst Nationaal. Something for the indie crowd in between Strokes and Liam could help a lot. And a decent Barn headliner. 

A few acts I'd like to see in that announcement, though none I'd really use to sell the festival to my friends. Which is to be expected with a lot of these announcements, I guess.

It's a shame if (as indicated) none of Vampire Weekend, Foals, Tame Impala or IDLES will be turning up as I'd be actively delighted with any of them. Hopefully we'll get someone of similar stature (from my taste POV, that is).

Regarding Liam Gallagher, his post-Oasis stature has grown a lot in recent years so I wouldn't have been surprised to see him in that slot. Where is he featuring in other festival lineups?

Regardless, I'm wary of us waiting for a big-ish name that won't come and will lower expectations accordingly.

Edited by SDNL

What do you think about names like Foster the people (coming back recently and going in August to some european festivals) or The regrettes (going to play in March at belgium). Also, we spoke about Cage the elephant and the small possibility because of the busy days around with shows in others festivals.

On the other side, I know Catfish and the bottlemen man are headlining lot of festivals, but what about a co-headline?, would be amazing!

Edited by Blaxey

4 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Let's not forget that last year Greta Van Fleet (and Rosalia more importantly) weren't added until Feb 27th, and then March 1st was Robyn, Richard Ashcroft etc. to close out the list. 2018 The Killers were added on Feb 14th and acts like Franz Ferdinand and Post Malone came ever later.

We've still got a ways (and a big act) to go ;) 

I'm running away from NOS Alive this year for RW because I think NOS Alive besides lowering quality is repeating ... my country's own festivals are repeating a lot!

47 minutes ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

https://clashfinder.com/m/rockwerchter2020speculation/?user=Hullabaloo92

I made a Clashfinder for the current state of the line up, not sure about thaht friday, though.

Looks good. I defo think Liam Gallagher will the band before Strokes though 😁

6 hours ago, lighthouse said:

You will know it by the end of this month normally... exciting, isn’t it?

the line up is overall a lot stronger than last year, but rw misses one very big name... happier with this line up though! Again, if every thing goes as planned, some nice announcements are coming your way. 

cya

• Like 3
  • Upvote 6

Here comes the post of @Ken19;) 

Edit; Was too late hahaha, but you keep the spirits high for us Ken! :) 

I am wondering what name RW missed this year, is it RATM or Eminem? I guess Eminem was planning to tour starting mid June and stopping Mid July but rescheduled it towards the entire month of August.

Cya next week!

Edited by The_Preach

A little bit disappointed after waiting all week for the next announcement but its still a strong line up with what we've got.

Had tickets to go see Foals at the start of next month but the festival they were meant to be playing has been cancelled cos of this coronavirus so was hoping they'd pop up at RW.

Although the line ups a bit weak on the Friday I really think anyone going to see Archive in the Barn will be in for a treat so hopefully if they add to the main stage there's no clashes! Schedule them at the same time as Liam G's karaoke hour please. Parcels > CaS > Archive > Strokes wouldn't be a bad night going by H92's clashfinder. 

Going to stay in Brussels during the weekend, went to Mad Cool last year and enjoyed doing a bit of sightseeing/eating good food during the day before heading to the festival late afternoon. Can anyone tell me roughly how long it takes to get from central Brussels to RW with a train then shuttle bus? Not too bothered about journey times just as long as its not a hassle. 

Edited by BKKTOM