Rock Werchter 2020

5 minutes ago, RUMINE said:

I have a nasty suspicion we might just get all Belgian names today (which I am just completely unfamiliar with) - with any luck it'll be some medium to big names mentioned earlier in the Thread eg. IDLES

Based on their last 2 years of announcements we still have a chunk of international names to come first, and some medium-big ones at that! Hopefully we're about to find out!

• Like 1

Another Friday. Another load of new names for Rock Werchter. This week’s confirmations are very exciting. And very adventurous too. An overview: Rex Orange County, Miles Kane, Fontaines D.C. and Banks will come to the Festivalpark on Thursday 2 July. The new names for Friday 3 July are Loyle Carner, Jake Bugg, Parcels and girl in red. Agnes Obel, Alec Benjamin, Phoebe Bridgers and Cavetown have been added to the line-up for Saturday 4 July. LP, Richard Hawley, GoGo Penguin and Jehnny Beth join the bill for Sunday 5 July. The count has now reached 55 acts. More names to follow next week. Stay tuned.

nothing exciting for me personally

So main is now (probably) full for Thursday and Sunday. Clearly 2-3 more names for Friday, and not sure about Saturday. Starting to really wonder if we'll have Gojira and Idles still hopeful though. So happy about Loyle and Fontaines however. There's gonna be so many clashes though.

Edited by polnico

Line ups looking half tempting now but I would agree on repeat bookings, I only went in 2017/2018 and there's already 6 on my list I've already seen at Rock Werchter, including two headliners. Friday and Saturday have enough there for me already but that's mainly down to that not being the two recent headliners, was hoping to see some more added for Sunday but given they now have 7 main stage and 5 barn acts booked there can't be much more to come.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

Looking at the line up now in my opinion it looks so bland overall, lots of repeat bookings and not many inspired choices except strokes , and Kendrick Lamar  

I can see how it might look bland to people who go to Werchter a lot, but for my first international festival this thing is insane compared to what the UK gets! Pearl Jam / Kendrick / Strokes / SOAD alone in one festival is mental! 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

I can see how it might look bland to people who go to Werchter a lot, but for my first international festival this thing is insane compared to what the UK gets! Pearl Jam / Kendrick / Strokes / SOAD alone in one festival is mental! 

Definitely agree man, I've been to NOS alive 15, 16 and 18, werchter 17 and 19. Watching bands like blur, rolling stones , Coldplay aswell separately maybe seen majority I wanna. I was just hoping for like rhcp , tame impala , foals, vampire weekend etc the latter 3 possibly being missing again not being at werchter for a whole is shocking tbh