Rock Werchter 2020

4 minutes ago, jbullion said:

Do you think there are still options for a Foo Fighters announcement at Werchter?

thanks!

I really don't think Foo Fighters will be touring around Werchter, so no only names I could imagine still coming are Tame Impala, Kings Of Leon, RHCP (new announcement for am festival in Israel in June, but probably not playing in July)

Looking at Lowlands announcement I think we can maybe rule out a few names for Werchter. Caribou, Glass Animals, Shame and Foals are the ones that sadden me the most but RW can't have everything every year. Sam Fender who also seemed like a big possibility for RW looks less likely now. London Grammar looks out too, so wondering more & more if there is at least one big "female head" for the main stage...

4 hours ago, polnico said:

Looking at Lowlands announcement I think we can maybe rule out a few names for Werchter. Caribou, Glass Animals, Shame and Foals are the ones that sadden me the most but RW can't have everything every year. Sam Fender who also seemed like a big possibility for RW looks less likely now. London Grammar looks out too, so wondering more & more if there is at least one big "female head" for the main stage...

Why would Lowlands rule anybody out?

Just wondering how much (apart from popularity) previous performances influence selecting a band? For example SOAD was amazing last time they played before Linkin Park and were announced first, Kings of Leon are probably popular enough but (and that might be just me, apologies to their fans) they play the same quite dull show every time and even though they are around they have not been booked. Same for Alt-J (they were amazing in all appearances but they got quite lost in the main stage), Editors and even RHCP maybe? It might just be a combination of pure coincidence and my humble judgement of the last performances of these bands at RW though.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, RWfan said:

Just wondering how much (apart from popularity) previous performances influence selecting a band? For example SOAD was amazing last time they played before Linkin Park and were announced first, Kings of Leon are probably popular enough but (and that might be just me, apologies to their fans) they play the same quite dull show every time and even though they are around they have not been booked. Same for Alt-J (they were amazing in all appearances but they got quite lost in the main stage), Editors and even RHCP maybe? It might just be a combination of pure coincidence and my humble judgement of the last performances of these bands at RW though.

I love SOAD i reasonably like KOL but whatever you can say about their live shows  -  at least KOL have released some music since last headlining  - UNLIKE SOAD

On 2/3/2020 at 5:16 PM, The_Preach said:

I think Kings Of Leon is a certainty for the Friday, last show is on the 28th of June and then there is a gap to 7th of July when they are playing in the UK.

I saw Kings of Leon played Werchter back-to-back in headline spots in 2008/09 and 2013/14 before - they're big enough in Belgium that people previously didn't get bored at such bookings?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, unodosseb said:

Have they? Last album was in 2016 and they last headlined in 2017

Well - shot myself in the foot there  - i was there in 2017 and cant even remember them LOL

Anyway - it does show the problem i was tryting to highlight when you have bands (both KOL and SOAD) headlining a festival 3 years after they last did BOTH with no new material!

But i suppose that's fesivals these days isn't it!