Rock Werchter 2020

2 hours ago, Cisse said:

Absolutely thrilled by the announcement. An absolute must see for me is Archive, they literally blew me away in 2015 on the mainstage. Now playing in the Barn which definitely will do better justice to their visuals and show! 

Archive will tear the Barn down. I expect Kiwanuka and Wilco to be special too. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Amsy said:

Hey folks. Based on reading this, does it not look like that rw have already announced all their headliners? 

Capture+_2020-02-01-08-15-49.png

The way the screenshot is written implies that a big name is left for both Thursday and Friday. They seem to have gone out of their way to say that Pixies are not one of the main acts.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Shiril said:

There's something that just doesn't sit right with me on Sunday... How did we go from festival closers in recent years such as Muse, Arctic Monkeys and Foo Fighters to System Of A Down?!

2016 ended with a trio formed by The Last Shadow Puppets, followed by Macklemore and finally by Florence and The Machine. I personally think that Placebo + Volbeat + SOAD is stronger than this, so I don't mind. Furthermore, even though Muse is huge, the two names before them last year were to me once again way smaller than Placebo + Volbeat.

6 minutes ago, Shiril said:

There's something that just doesn't sit right with me on Sunday... How did we go from festival closers in recent years such as Muse, Arctic Monkeys and Foo Fighters to System Of A Down?!

To be fair AM as a festival closer played their most non-festival album. We had dEUS & Beck in 2008 closing the festival (my first RW experience). Sometimes  probably - as Ken19 and Jazebel said - things go from perfect to real. Then again - in terms of "hard"  - Metallica played last in 2014  and no one critisized.

And SOAD gig in 2017 was splendid, people were much more involved than in Linkin Park who played afterwards. So maybe that's the reason :)

17 minutes ago, Shiril said:

Because people like different things? 

22 minutes ago, heti said:

To be fair AM as a festival closer played their most non-festival album. We had dEUS & Beck in 2008 closing the festival (my first RW experience). Sometimes  probably - as Ken19 and Jazebel said - things go from perfect to real. Then again - in terms of "hard"  - Metallica played last in 2014  and no one critisized.

And SOAD gig in 2017 was splendid, people were much more involved than in Linkin Park who played afterwards. So maybe that's the reason :)

Are you kidding ? SOAD were splendid but Linkin Park's crowd was mental 

Maybe Thom Yorke isn't the Barn headliner and they're waiting for another big name like Massive Attack

41 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Are you kidding ? SOAD were splendid but Linkin Park's crowd was mental 

The last time I saw "mental" RW crowd was during Chase & Status :) Massive sing-a-long during a great hit song like In the End doesn't make people mental in my book. And without judgement - there were more moshpits during SOAD than LP so in terms of "hard fun" they won back then. Although I enjoyed both gigs exactly the same as a fan of both bands

3 hours ago, Shiril said:

I think System of A Down, Volbeat, Placebo was the best possible option to end the festival.

IF RHCP were booked for this year, may they could have been the final sunday headliner, since I didn't read anthing like "System of A Down will close the festival" but what can you do....

@Tremousse Thom Yorke should headline the Barn on sunday, but I expect Massive Attack to play after Jorja Smith on saturday

55 minutes ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

I think System of A Down, Volbeat, Placebo was the best possible option to end the festival.

IF RHCP were booked for this year, may they could have been the final sunday headliner, since I didn't read anthing like "System of A Down will close the festival" but what can you do....

@Tremousse Thom Yorke should headline the Barn on sunday, but I expect Massive Attack to play after Jorja Smith on saturday

I don't think we should still expect Massive Attack to play. They have French dates on Friday and Sunday, and given that they're opting for climate-neutral traveling by train, I doubt they're quickly hopping to Belgium in between. 

5 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

I don't think we should still expect Massive Attack to play. They have French dates on Friday and Sunday, and given that they're opting for climate-neutral traveling by train, I doubt they're quickly hopping to Belgium in between. 

Valid point, I wasn't aware of the second date in France...

20 minutes ago, xydroh said:

Saw sabaton draw a big crowd at sportpaleis yesterday. standing area full, bottom ring full at first sight, top ring closed.

Stubru has also been heavily promoting this band. I think there's a chance we'll see them at RW.

I was there as well, it was a great production and I really enjoyed it but I don't know if this is RW material.  Difficult to explain but to me this is a burlesque act type of thing, not like Parkway Drive last year or others in the past.  The music itself doesn't fit (to my humble opinion) a festival like RW.  I'ld love to have more metal acts on the fest and why not a few Belgians like Amenra, Brutus or Stake ?  If they can play PkP they surely can play RW also...