Rock Werchter 2020

Do you guys think there can still be a band between Pearl Jam and Pixies?

With Pearl Jam, Pixies, The Lumineers, Rag n' Bone Man and Haim we already have 5 acts on the Main Stage, so there should only be room for one more......I guess Idles could open the main stage here.

I like Pixies but I feel they are a little wo weak to be a sub, especially for the Thursday where you need a strong programm. Pearl Jam are ace but I can't see them to carry the Thursday on their own.

My hope for the Friday is: Tame Impala - The Strokes - Liam Gallagher - Vampire Weekend - Lewis Capaldi - Catfish & the Bottlemen - Main Stage Opener, should be realistic besides Tame Impala as a second headliner, I don't think we are getting any more

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Pearl Jam, Pixies, The Lumineers, Rag n' Bone Man and Haim is a really strong day already. I’d be amazed if they stuck another massive act in there but who knows. Werchter always has big line ups. It’s a great line up this year as always..... I’m just put off as I’ve seen all of these bands already elsewhere...

10 minutes ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

With Pearl Jam, Pixies, The Lumineers, Rag n' Bone Man and Haim we already have 5 acts on the Main Stage, so there should only be room for one more......I guess Idles could open the main stage here.

I like Pixies but I feel they are a little wo weak to be a sub, especially for the Thursday where you need a strong programm. Pearl Jam are ace but I can't see them to carry the Thursday on their own.

My hope for the Friday is: Tame Impala - The Strokes - Liam Gallagher - Vampire Weekend - Lewis Capaldi - Catfish & the Bottlemen - Main Stage Opener, should be realistic besides Tame Impala as a second headliner, I don't think we are getting any more

I feel like Royal Blood would be the perfect act as Pearl Jam's sub, even though the main stage already seems stacked that day. For the friday, I am hoping for another headliner but I also remember what @Jazebel said the other day about us being too spoiled so I don't want to get my hopes up too much. However I don't see how Liam G. would be lower than 3rd down, so having Tame + Strokes + Vampire over him just seems too optimistic. 

Edited by polnico

17 minutes ago, polnico said:

I feel like Royal Blood would be the perfect act as Pearl Jam's sub, even though the main stage already seems stacked that day. For the friday, I am hoping for another headliner but I also remember what @Jazebel said the other day about us being too spoiled so I don't want to get my hopes up too much. However I don't see how Liam G. would be lower than 3rd down, so having Tame + Strokes + Vampire over him just seems too optimistic. 

Yeah, I also mentioned Royal Blood as a potential sub a few pages ago but as you said.......Main Stage is already stacked.

Liam actually was third down in my listing :P

We don't have all Barn headliners, do we?

Woodkid for Friday and Massive Attack for Saturday could be fair shouts....

Edited by Hullabaloo92

24 minutes ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

I could see Royal Blood playing, but under Pixies. Royal Blood are bigger, but the last time pixies played (2014) the timetable wasn't announced for months as it was rumoured the organisers were trying to get them to play on the main stage, but they were refusing to play under both Pearl Jam and The Black Keys. This caused PJ and Pixies to directly clash, which is effectively the same fanbase.

Had a look at some of last year's Pukkelpop artists, seem to remember the hints that RW were waiting for some artists who played there last year

Tame Impala could play on friday (US tour ends mid June and resumes mid July), probably the least likely.

Vampire weekend could play either 3rd or 4th on main stage. EU tour starts the week after Werchter.

The National could also play next to the Strokes, although their EU tour only runs until 21st June currently.

Editors look nailed on for Thurs or Fri. Belgian show this weekend and announced tour dates until the end of June. Similarly Kings of Leon are in Europe either side of RW.

1 hour ago, Steve. said:

Pearl Jam, Pixies, The Lumineers, Rag n' Bone Man and Haim is a really strong day already. I’d be amazed if they stuck another massive act in there but who knows. Werchter always has big line ups. It’s a great line up this year as always..... I’m just put off as I’ve seen all of these bands already elsewhere...

If we can expect about the set times for Thursday Main Stages just like in 2018, it could actually fit...

13:15 - 13:55 (IDLES)

14:30 - 15:20 HAIM

16:00 - 17:00 Rag N' Bone Man

17:40 - 18:40 The Lumineers

19:25 - 20:25 Pixies

21:15 - 22:30 (Royal Blood)

23:30 - 01:45 Pearl Jam

Maybe the Stage could open already at 13:00 (Rival Sons in 2018), so Pixies could get a few more minutes

2 minutes ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

If we can expect about the set times for Thursday Main Stages just like in 2018, it could actually fit...

13:15 - 13:55 (IDLES)

14:30 - 15:20 HAIM

16:00 - 17:00 Rag N' Bone Man

17:40 - 18:40 The Lumineers

19:25 - 20:25 Pixies

21:15 - 22:30 (Royal Blood)

23:30 - 01:45 Pearl Jam

Maybe the Stage could open already at 13:00 (Rival Sons in 2018), so Pixies could get a few more minutes

One can dream ;)

7 minutes ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

Was it a hint or a soft slap in the face? :D

Still curious about the Friday.......let's make another comparison with 2018:

The Killers - London Grammar - Snow Patrol

=

The Strokes - Liam Gallagher - (Vampire Weekend?)

?

Definitely not in a position to give hints and wouldn’t dream of slapping you in the face 😂....just think two great names like idles and royal blood added to that day is a bit optimistic...

Edited by Steve.

19 minutes ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

Was it a hint or a soft slap in the face? :D

Still curious about the Friday.......let's make another comparison with 2018:

The Killers - London Grammar - Snow Patrol

=

The Strokes - Liam Gallagher - (Vampire Weekend?)

?

Liam is nowhere near as big as London Grammar in Belgium. To have a strong day, there should certainly be something in between Liam and Strokes. 

As Tame seems to be ruled out, I hope for The National. But Editors after their Antwerp show seems the best shout. 

@Steve.Sure, I know what you meant ;)

But we had so many big names just before Pearl Jam in the past (Jack White, Black Keys etc) when they played even more optimal days. Of course we won't get another Head before PJ, I just ask fo a 7th act for the main stage :)

Why is Tame Impala ruled out? I think Jazebel mentioned that they won't sub Pearl Jam on Thursday?

@EV123

There are names on the main stage that I thought were for The Barn :/

In my view I think that the Main Stage on Sunday is already complete.

Will Pixies open on the PJ Tour will it be before the PJ?

Friday will we have Tame Impala with The Strokes?
@Ken19 is there a possibility? You already mentioned that you like Tame Impala very much.

Edited by Daniel Ferreira

2 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Pixies are supporting Pearl Jam on their tour, and they're big as it is, I'd be shocked if anyone played between them and PJ main stage. But Lumineers to Pixies is a pretty big leap so I'd say there's someone that'll be sandwiched between them.

Lumineers played 3rd Main Stage in 2017, no reason they wouldn’t again!