Rock Werchter 2020

1 minute ago, neacaisa said:

the last rumours were that they are willing to find another big name for that day but are struggling to do so.

This has happened in the past too, many people were waiting in 2017 for something else after james blake (before radiohead) and something after greta van fleet and before muse last year, but ultimately they were ultimately the subs with no other coheadliner. 

Hmm, I am hoping for at least 1 more big name for example Kings Of Leon although they have a static performance but mainly hoping for Tame Impala.

I am just gonna convince myself there won't be any other big name so I am not disappointed... Still I can't believe how better this line-up is getting every week (in my taste). The 2 last names I am hoping for are Foals and Idles even though the first one definitely seem like they're out by now, the line-up on the 5th is already ridiculously good, and playing the 3rd would mean 4 days on a row so yeah unlikely too. Anyway, can't wait for the 2nd of July.

Edited by polnico

Line up is getting better - very excited by the HAIM addition and one of my best crowd experiences was at Leeds 2017 with LG subbing Muse so I'm hoping (I know the Belgian crowd aren't likely to top and and I don't anticipate a lot of flares) it will be a good time so happy with him playing.

Again, just need a few more names like Foals, IDLES, Rex Orange County, Fontaines DC, Royal Blood, Everything Everything and Tame Impala (aware they are rumoured to be out now as far as I can remember) and I'll be sold. Not interested in any of the headliners so far apart from The Strokes (who I am over the moon for) so I'm in need of a strong undercard. Still holding hope Gorillaz do a handful of shows, inc. RW, but I know Damon has plans in Iceland so likely won't happen

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, polnico said:

About Liam : Sub for Strokes + co-head or just Strokes on their own ? Of course I am perfectly fine with the latter but I am asking myself about this one. 

No way Liam is sub. His show at Forest national isn't sold out.  At Pinkpop he wasn't even headliner on the 3th stage...

13 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Curious who you would have gone for considering the strength and variety of names on here? Not dismissing you, just curious 

I was hoping for the likes of foals, tame impala, vampire weekend etc. I realise they still might appear but the rest of the line up just not feeling. I like beck Thursday, Strokes and Liam Gallagher Friday , Kendrick Lamar Saturday and that's pretty much it . 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

I was hoping for the likes of foals, tame impala, vampire weekend etc. I realise they still might appear but the rest of the line up just not feeling. I like beck Thursday, Strokes and Liam Gallagher Friday , Kendrick Lamar Saturday and that's pretty much it . 

Still a good chance of one of those kinda bands, plenty to come yet.

2019 they didn't announce Arctic Monkeys until the end of Jan! 

6 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Still a good chance of one of those kinda bands, plenty to come yet.

2019 they didn't announce Arctic Monkeys until the end of Jan! 

Very true , just not feeling it much from what's been announced, I'll still stick around to see if future announcements change my mind and if not I hope everyone enjoys and wait for future editions

2 minutes ago, Oleksii said:

still feel a lack of rock bands. I mean no popish acts like Liam, Keane, etc.

Is there supposed to be some more?

i feel bands like fontaines dc, royal blood, murder capital etc are still yet to be announced... at least to me these are rock bands, which rock bands would you wanna see?

14 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

I think there are more "rock bands" than previous editions actually, for example Faith No More, SOAD, Peal Jam, Pixies, Volbeat. Im sure they will add a few more rockish bands too. 

Just was thinking about "Rock Werchter/MadCool 2018" type, there were a lot of small or middle-sized less mainstream rock acts. 

But yeah, you're probably right 🙃

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, iliandl said:

i feel bands like fontaines dc, royal blood, murder capital etc are still yet to be announced... at least to me these are rock bands, which rock bands would you wanna see?

yeah, you got me!

I'd add to your list something like Shame, Black Midi, Thee Oh Sees, Ty Segall, Richard Dawson, Iceage, King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard, The Murlocs, Mark Lanegan.

Edited by Oleksii
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Oleksii said:

Just was thinking about "Rock Werchter/MadCool 2018" type, there were a lot of small or middle-sized less mainstream rock acts. 

But yeah, you're probably right 🙃

I really like the line-up so far, but I have to agree: If it needs something, it's young rock-acts like Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Shame, Fontaines D.C. or Sam Fender. Also, I'd love to see Glass Animals, The Hives, girl in red and Whitney being added to the line-up.

Edited by MrTobs