Rock Werchter 2020

5 hours ago, Steve. said:

Nando’s is South African I think....second biggest export after billtong! Guess it never took off in countries where they already have decent local cuisine 😝

It is indeed South African, based on a Mozambique chili pepper. I assumed as some argue peri-peri/piri-piri chicken has a Portuguese influence that they at least might have one. That and I've seen Five Guys in Paris & Barcelona (though I'm aware its a US chain), and assumed others I can get in the UK would be out there as well.

… though point taken. 😝

Gap in the tour schedule for Sam Fender, who is big in both UK and Belgium.

Would also like to see Inhaler at RW as well as The Sherlocks. Also have gaps to fill with their presence.

I believe Foals will be at RW and do the main stage around 6pm. I think RW held off getting them last year as they wanted them once with the 2 albums rather than two years in a row. 

Edited by Scarnic
Update info

2 hours ago, lighthouse said:

FKA Twigs playing Roskilde on friday.

Please let her play on thursday.

I guess the only way she could play is if she's klub c headliner on Thursday?

Edit: Would mean she plays four days in a row, I highly doubt she'll be there.

Edit: and apparently Jazabel has also said so I think we can rule that one out completely

Edited by Aech

1 hour ago, Aech said:

I guess the only way she could play is if she's klub c headliner on Thursday?

Edit: Would mean she plays four days in a row, I highly doubt she'll be there.

Edit: and apparently Jazabel has also said so I think we can rule that one out completely

If she won't be @ Werchter, I can definitely see her taking a sub or headliner Marquee spot @ PKP. She will be touring than as well.

14 minutes ago, ArM said:

Placebo for sure to play on the 5th.

Its announced on their website. 

They co-headlined in 2004 and 2009. I'm pretty sure they won't in 2020, but where do you expect them to play? Main stage before or between SOAD and Volbeat? Or in the barn before Thom Yorke?

Edited by MrTobs

Haha, good job Placebo. Great addition though, happy!

1 minute ago, MrTobs said:

They co-headlined in 2004 and 2009. I'm pretty sure they won't in 2020, but where do you expect them to play? Main stage before or between SOAD and Volbeat? Or in the barn before Thom Yorke?

Volbeat > Placebo > SOAD is my bet, yeah.

Even though the sunday has great & solid names, I am a bit bummed out that they make Sunday the harder day. Feels a bit off to closing a mainstream festival with a harder day. I would've preferred someone that touched a larger type of audience. 

But I'll take it none the less!