Rock Werchter 2020

9 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

I think that Bologna will be less expensive (the ticket surely is 40 € against 80 £, it has an international airport as well and the city and accomodations are cheaper), and the band will be less exhausted from 2 days in a row performing. Plus, the venue should be bigger.

You lose in terms of organization tho, since italian shows are usually messier than England's. But here, another chance.

But Bologna has great restaurants and food markets :D:D:D 

Edited by alan_ts
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, EV123 said:

Royal Blood in Europe next year. The question is not if they will play, but rather when they will play. Before PJ? 

yeah, they stated last time that this is their favourite festival, no way they are not playing.

i also think vampire weekend must be a certainty, having skipped last year and having dates the week after (benicassim and paris). imo they won't be at pukkelpop (might not return in europe for the second part of the summer, doesn't seem like it makes much sense to do so) 

i think tyler is not a match generally for the festival (being pretty expensive and having kendrick already as the big rap act of the festival) and the dates don't match that well with him being at opener and roskilde. fka twigs also doesn't seem a match, but if the insiders say she would be there, then maybe it is happening.

regarding other female artists, i definitely expect haim, tones and i (don't think there is any way they will miss her, but i thought the same about portugal the man 2 years ago so who knows) or angel olsen (after her concert in antwerp will take place) 

Edited by neacaisa
  • Like 1

it is the first time that I go to the RW and bought the collector's ticket and like I still haven't received anything at home, only in the email but it is not a ticket, now I don't know if it is close to the Festival and since I live in Portugal I am like this with a little bit of fear.

Edited by Daniel Ferreira

2 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

A doubt, it is the first time that I go to the RW and bought the collector's ticket and like I still haven't received anything at home, only in the email but it is not a ticket, now I don't know if it is close to the Festival and since I live in Portugal I am like this with a little bit of fear.

At the ticket master site it is stated you will receive your ticket 3 working days before the event starts or sooner. But I would check with ticket master to be sure you will receive it in time.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

it is the first time that I go to the RW and bought the collector's ticket and like I still haven't received anything at home, only in the email but it is not a ticket, now I don't know if it is close to the Festival and since I live in Portugal I am like this with a little bit of fear.

Some friends offered me the collector ticket last year, and I received it like 2-3 weeks before so I would worry too much. But yeah, asking won't do you any wrong I guess.

what are the chances on bands like:

the murder capital

fontaines d.c.

idles

royal blood

squid

the blinders

equal idiots

black box revelation

het zesde metaal

i know these are all rock bands but would be great to know the odds of seeing some of these...

thanks for your guys help!

2 hours ago, iliandl said:

what are the chances on bands like:

the murder capital

fontaines d.c.

idles

royal blood

squid

the blinders

equal idiots

black box revelation

het zesde metaal

i know these are all rock bands but would be great to know the odds of seeing some of these...

thanks for your guys help!

Fontaines and Squid unlikely, since both do Primavera. Het zesde metaal very unlikely as no one will understand a word of what they're singing. Don't think there has ever been Belgian bands - singing in their native language - at big international festivals.

Just now, Marty76 said:

Fontaines and Squid unlikely, since both do Primavera. Het zesde metaal very unlikely as no one will understand a word of what they're singing. Don't think there has ever been Belgian bands - singing in their native language - at big international festivals.

They played in 2017. Zwangere Guy played last year and I expect Brihang to play this year. 

4 minutes ago, Marty76 said:

They do an announcement for Belgian acts every year.

2 hours ago, alan_ts said:

Tbh I had to google what Nando's is :D

Huh I genuinely thought Nando's was a thing in other European nations other than UK and Ireland. Even moreso after a comedian told a story of being underwhelmed because he went to it in Australia and it didn't have his favourite order.

… though tbf one of my more positive memories of a trip to Milan was that it had delicious pizza and pasta within walking distance of my hotel. Maybe other bits of Italy have similar/better.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Marty76 said:

Does not do Sigur Ros any harm at big festivals.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Marty76 said:

is there a correlation between primavera and werchter that not many bands play at both? because id have thought that spain is quite close and thus a decent option to be playing at both festivals

14 hours ago, charlierc said:

Huh I genuinely thought Nando's was a thing in other European nations other than UK and Ireland. Even moreso after a comedian told a story of being underwhelmed because he went to it in Australia and it didn't have his favourite order.

… though tbf one of my more positive memories of a trip to Milan was that it had delicious pizza and pasta within walking distance of my hotel. Maybe other bits of Italy have similar/better.

Nando’s is South African I think....second biggest export after billtong! Guess it never took off in countries where they already have decent local cuisine 😝

26 minutes ago, iliandl said:

is there a correlation between primavera and werchter that not many bands play at both? because id have thought that spain is quite close and thus a decent option to be playing at both festivals

I think Marty76 had the topics mixed up and probably thought he was posting in Mad Cool topic. Correct, @Marty76?

15 hours ago, Marty76 said:

Why should Primavera matter? Fontaines is also playing Best Kept Secret a few weeks before Werchter, Squid is in France the week before.

Also, Zwangere Guy, Stikstof, Bazart, Tourist LeMC, Angèle, Roméo Elvis are all examples of acts that played recently and sing in a local language, shouldn't be a problem really.

Edit: nevermind if you're just confusing the topics.

Edited by ThijsDB

13 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

I think Marty76 had the topics mixed up and probably thought he was posting in Mad Cool topic. Correct, @Marty76?

aah okay that would make sense! i was just checking to see if there was something i’m missing as i dont know much of the correlation between other festivals and Werchter 

edit: it would be amazing seeing Fontaines D.C. and squid (and The Murder Capital) this summer at Werchter as my best friend and i are massive fans! :)

Edited by iliandl