Rock Werchter 2020

On 1/25/2020 at 12:24 PM, lighthouse said:

At this point I'm hoping the most for FKA Twigs, Vampire Weekend and Tyler, The Creator.

I've been told that one of the female names @Werchter will be FKA Twigs, so one of your hopes is fullfilled. For the ones who are hoping for more male artists @Werchter I can tell you shouldn't hold your hopes up high for Liam Gallagher, he will be @Pukkelpop. 

9 hours ago, Ken19 said:

For one time...

Nice quality names still to come for RW. A lot of them. A lot of great female acts too. This batch of names was logic. People who are liking the more commercial names are happy now, the feedback on social media were very clear about that. Most of the people need this type of easy commercial artists. I don't have to say how many criticism they get because it was too alternative (FNM, Pixies, Wilco, Strokes, Thom Yorke... are not those easy mass acts). I'm not happy with every artist, but they fit the RW philosophy perfect. Some names mentioned, people are thinking that they won't come anymore to RW (because they have a loaded schedule or ...) , will still play and will be announced very soon.

Not easy to make the perfect line up, same story every year. And yes, everybody can say that.

Till next time...

PS: stop about MCR, please 😂

Thanx for your input @Ken19, very much appreciated !
Hoping seeing your postst more often here, the discussions are a lot more interesting when you're around 🙂

10 hours ago, Ken19 said:

For one time...

Nice quality names still to come for RW. A lot of them. A lot of great female acts too. This batch of names was logic. People who are liking the more commercial names are happy now, the feedback on social media were very clear about that. Most of the people need this type of easy commercial artists. I don't have to say how many criticism they get because it was too alternative (FNM, Pixies, Wilco, Strokes, Thom Yorke... are not those easy mass acts). I'm not happy with every artist, but they fit the RW philosophy perfect. Some names mentioned, people are thinking that they won't come anymore to RW (because they have a loaded schedule or ...) , will still play and will be announced very soon.

Not easy to make the perfect line up, same story every year. And yes, everybody can say that.

Till next time...

The most hyped return of the year is Ken - Efestivals, to hell with MCR, RATM or The Strokes

• Like 9

Sorry to keep the mcr discussion going on, but they just posted 3 Europe festival dates and it would make sense that they came to the festival...

These are the dates:

June 23 Royal Hospital Kilmainham (Dublin, Ireland)

July 04 Sonic Park Fest (Bologna, Italy)

July 06 Kunts!rasen (Bonn, Germany)

What do you think?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, sarahuertlop said:

Sorry to keep the mcr discussion going on, but they just posted 3 Europe festival dates and it would make sense that they came to the festival...

These are the dates:

June 23 Royal Hospital Kilmainham (Dublin, Ireland)

July 04 Sonic Park Fest (Bologna, Italy)

July 06 Kunts!rasen (Bonn, Germany)

What do you think?

Volt on the 1st.

MCR at Rock Werchter will simply not shift the tickets. Will. Not.

And especially not enough for the spot they'd probably be demanding. No rocket science there.

Agree on the Ken quotes for the rest of it, too. Some nice bookings on the way, quite a good selection of female artists as well, if anyone is specifically calling for that. (Though RW/LN just books whatever will sell the ticket, regardless of the artists' genders, duh).

Last I heard was no FKA Twigs for now though (which would certainly be too bad, but Idk if that option has fallen through completely). And I wouldn't pin Liam down for PKP just yet, either...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 1/11/2020 at 5:09 PM, Daniel Ferreira said:

Possible names:
- Idles (Down The Rabbit Hole   /   Before the Pearl Jam Concert)
- Cage the Elephant ( Down The Rabbit Hole  /  1 July - Denmark - Roskilde Festival )
- Beck (Down The Rabbit Hole ) Confirmed
- Disclosure (Down The Rabbit Hole )

- Gojira (Aardschok.com website confirms)

- King of Leon ( Southside / Hurricane / Mad Cool )
- Nina Kraviz ( Stockholm Lollapalooza / Mad Cool )
- Ragnbone man ( Pinkpop / Mad Cool ) Confirmed
- Mando Diao  (28 June - Sweden - Stockholm Lollapalooza)
- Editors ( 29 June - Munich Germany )
- Foals ( 4 July - Open Festival - Poland ) 
- Deftones ( 1 July - Denmark - Roskilde Festival )
- Anderson.paak ( Stockholm Lollapalooza / Madcool ) Confirmed
- Zara Larsson ( Pinkpop / Stockholm Lollapalooza )

- Cigarettes After Sex ( Rumors )

- Alt-J ( Mad Cool next week )
- Wolf Alice ( Mad Cool next week )
- London Grammar ( Mad Cool next week )

Possible Headliner :
RHCP
Rage Against the Machine 
Tame Impala 
The Strokes Confirmed
Foo Fighters

Earlier this month I made this prognosis based on festivals that "change" names with RW

13 hours ago, Ken19 said:

For one time...

Till next time...

Thank you @Ken19 . I will tell my friends to hold off on buying tickets for other festivals and wait for the next announcement...

13 hours ago, Ken19 said:

For one time...

Till next time...

very well said, this is true, all commercial ticket selling bands being announced now means a lot of less commercial bands still to come, thanks for the info and happy to see you back! 

1 hour ago, Jazebel said:

Last I heard was no FKA Twigs for now though (which would certainly be too bad, but Idk if that option has fallen through completely). And I wouldn't pin Liam down for PKP just yet, either...

God dammit. 😞

That would be a big bummer. She's exactly the kind of act the RW lineup seems to be missing.

Edited by lighthouse

There is a rumour going round that MCR cancelled all their Live Nation planned dates in favour of doing their own headlining tour. Would explain why they were lined up for rock Werchter and mad cool and now seem to not be doing it.

Mad Cool has been silent and missing a headliner for a long time now. I reckon they lost their Friday headliners and they are now looking for a replacement.

2 hours ago, Aech said:

Foos are playing a fest in Canada end of July, looking more and more like they're going to do a full summer tour. Chances are still low but putting them after SOAD on the Sunday would make that day biblical for me.

That would be worth the full weekend ticket price for me!  Mind you I came over just for PJ in 2018 :D

9 minutes ago, xydroh said:

Would be a big missed opportunity if MCR wouldn't play in belgium for me. Buy message was clear after jazebels post. I'll be trying to score tickets for MCR's third MK stadium show.

They play kunstrasen in Germany on july 6 which is a 2.5 hour drive from rock werchter, think i'm gonna stick with this :D

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

"More names to follow next week. Stay tuned."

Will it be the same as last week? Name on Wednesday and names on Friday?

rw.JPG

My guess would be on Friday only, like previous years, but I guess you never know. Let's hope that get back to the once a week announcement. I'd rather take many smaller ones with 6-7 names than sporadic big ones..

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

"More names to follow next week. Stay tuned."

Will it be the same as last week? Name on Wednesday and names on Friday?

rw.JPG

For a few years now, the tradition has been weekly packages of 7-10 names each Friday at 4pm between mid-January and mid-March. So yes, you can expect that same thing every week now, with possibly still another standalone announcement for the Friday co-headliner.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, xydroh said:

Would be a big missed opportunity if MCR wouldn't play in belgium for me. Buy message was clear after jazebels post. I'll be trying to score tickets for MCR's third MK stadium show.

I think that Bologna will be less expensive (the ticket surely is 40 € against 80 £, it has an international airport as well and the city and accomodations are cheaper), and the band will be less exhausted from 2 days in a row performing. Plus, the venue should be bigger.

You lose in terms of organization tho, since italian shows are usually messier than England's. But here, another chance.