Rock Werchter 2020

I really like that Anderson is playing again! In my opinion this is a nice drop of names. Hoping they keep this pace up upcoming weeks! If someone is convinced to buy either a Day-ticket or a Combi Ticket hit me up with a PM for €5 (Day) or €8 (Combi) discount per ticket! 

I think Beck will be playing in the barn, and I am afraid Anderson will as well because Anderson - FnM - TOP - Kendrick might be a bit much.

6 minutes ago, The_Preach said:

I think Beck will be playing in the barn, and I am afraid Anderson will as well because Anderson - FnM - TOP - Kendrick might be a bit much.

Can see them putting Faith no More in the barn.

Anderson - TOP - Kendrick on the main stage would make sense in my opinion.

Edited by MrTobs

Just now, BenG92 said:

No chance SOAD are subbing for anyone. They're a straight-up headline act.

I think SOAD - FF is more like a co-headline construction rather than a sub- Volbeat would be considered a sub I think... Still If I'm looking at FnM - TOP - Kendrick on the saturday I think this is also possible for the sunday.

3 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

They were coheadlining with Linkin Park 3 years ago

Yeah co-headline maybe but not properly subbing, I think the set difference was like 15 mins in 2017?

3 minutes ago, The_Preach said:

I think SOAD - FF is more like a co-headline construction rather than a sub- Volbeat would be considered a sub I think... Still If I'm looking at FnM - TOP - Kendrick on the saturday I think this is also possible for the sunday.

Aren't Volbeat pretty huge in Europe? I know they're 3 down the list on Download's Sunday this year 

2 minutes ago, xydroh said:

SOAD are headlining every fest they do next year. My guess is SOAD big headliner, volbeat small headliner + maybe a strong sub like MCR 

MCR are filling arenas in minutes right now, I doubt they'd be a sub to anyone. MAYBE SOAD co-head

Edited by BenG92

1 minute ago, BenG92 said:

Yeah co-headline maybe but not properly subbing, I think the set difference was like 15 mins in 2017?

Aren't Volbeat pretty huge in Europe? I know they're 3 down the list on Download's Sunday this year 

Volbeat is pretty huge indeed, but like you said they're third down on Download. So why not 3rd down on RW; FF - SOAD - Volbeat Would make a great day for me atleast.

1 minute ago, The_Preach said:

You might be right, but I am having my doubt. Lets wait and see, hoping that RW will keep this tempo and drop new names upcoming weeks.

volbeat and SOAD both sell a lot of tickets, so does sum41 . 

I think they don't need another headliner to sell out this day, and I think werchter knows this too. 

I think it's more a situation of, wait and see to decide if they need another headliner.

3 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

MCR are filling arenas in minutes right now, I doubt they'd be a sub to anyone. MAYBE SOAD co-head

Never in Belgium man. Deal with this. Has been confirmed multiple times by insiders. 

SOAD will also co-head for something more accessible to the big crowd looking to end their RW weekend. 

Volbeat as sub. 

Just now, The_Preach said:

Volbeat is pretty huge indeed, but like you said they're third down on Download. So why not 3rd down on RW; FF - SOAD - Volbeat Would make a great day for me atleast.

volbeat have headlined belgian fest graspop for the past 7 years, they're much bigger here than in the uk. 

I guess this is the worst they could do for me. 

Black Pumas and Meute, that's it for me. Paak is also nice, but he was there in 2018. 

Volbeat, Lumineers, Capaldi, Dermot Kennedy, Keane, Sum 41, Rag 'n' Bone Man are such a waste of the high slots (in my opinion off course). I really don't understand why some of these are still booked bij Werchter. I've given up completely on that Sunday MainStage. 

And really embarrassing that there is no female act on the line-up for the moment with 1/4 of the bands booked. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, EV123 said:

I guess this is the worst they could do for me. 

Black Pumas and Meute, that's it for me. Paak is also nice, but he was there in 2018. 

Volbeat, Lumineers, Capaldi, Dermot Kennedy, Keane, Sum 41, Rag 'n' Bone Man are such a waste of the high slots (in my opinion off course). I really don't understand why some of these are still booked bij Werchter. I've given up completely on that Sunday MainStage. 

And really embarrassing that there is no female act on the line-up for the moment with 1/4 of the bands booked. 

pretty reckless? pixies?

1 minute ago, xydroh said:

volbeat have headlined belgian fest graspop for the past 7 years, they're much bigger here than in the uk. 

When talking about GMM and Download you are talking about niche festivals (metal festivals), instead of a mainstream festival like RW. That's also why I think there is a difference in being headline for a metal festival or a mainstream festival. For example look at FnM, headliner at GMM and probably barn head or 3rd down at RW.