Rock Werchter 2020

1 hour ago, Andrej said:

CB are great live act, but unfortunately pretty much nobody under 35 years old cares about them nowdays, with most of kids completely not familiar with them.

I must say I was really disappointed about the live act as well. Had heard good things and were looking forward to it, but when you just turn on a visual show and that's it, I'm even reluctant to calling it an act. Even the worst DJ's manage to change up their show bit but TCB just came, pressed play, and were standing there for their alloted time. Really really poor, so I hope they don't spend a dime on them..

Not really true. I saw them 2 years ago at Dour Festival, the main stage was filled with -35 year olds & the atmosphere was better than RW 2015. However, I do agree that Rock Werchter will give preference to acts such as Flume & Disclosure these days. The CB have lost momentum a bit.

Well done :) Maybe some remarks

Tyler is already booked for friday-saturday-sunday. 

- Off course, Foo Fighters, Kings of Leon & RHCP are also huge contenders (but off course, the list isn't complete). 

- I don't expect GNR to add more tour dates after June 27

- I don't think Nina Kraviz and Refused are good fits for RW, but I hope so. 

We'll see! 

Before we hopefully get more names this week, here are some guesses of mine.

There are plenty of Klub C acts around that Frontsidecap already mentioned (like Banks, Charlie XCX or Tones and I), but I have no clue yet on which day they could play.

Thursday:

Main: Pearl Jam - Tame Imapala - Pixies - The Lumineers - Idles - White Reaper

Barn: Disclosure - Gwen Stefani - Rag N' Bone Man - Wilco

Klub C : Alan Walker

Friday:

Main: The Strokes - Post Malone - Vampire Weekend - Haim

Barn: Beck

Klub C :

Saturday:

Main: Twenty One Pilots - Kendrick Lamar - Faith No More - ??? - Jimmy Eat World

Barn: Woodkid - Pusha T - The Streets

Klub C : Sum 41(Franz Ferdinand 2018 treatment)

Sunday:

Main: Volbeat - System of A Down - My Chemical Romance - Foals - Yungblud - Gojira - Ego Kill Talent

Barn: Thom Yorke Tomorrow's Modern Boxes - Of Monsters & Men

Klub C : FKA Twigs

There are also many other Barn Head contenders like Massive Attack, Alt-J and London Grammar, but as mentioned above, I have no idea where to place them properly.

Edited by Hullabaloo92

22 hours ago, Jochen said:

I understand Volbeat is very popular in Germany, but they won't close a day at Rock Werchter. Most likely sub.

Gemany is kinda obsessed with Volbeat but they did sell out Sportspaleis in Antwerp, didn't they?

Two potential Graspop headliners + a very strong sub (or even third head like on Saturday) as MCR seems fair to me.

The only available band that I can think of which could be subbed by Volbeat would be Foo Fighters but this seems way too big.

So NOS Alive is announcing something late in the afternoon......is this (finally) it, for us too?

Edited by Hullabaloo92

35 minutes ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

Gemany is kinda obsessed with Volbeat but they did sell out Sportspaleis in Antwerp, didn't they?

Two potential Graspop headliners + a very strong sub (or even third head like on Saturday) as MCR seems fair to me.

The only available band that I can think of which could be subbed by Volbeat would be Foo Fighters but this seems way too big.

They didn't. Balcony was closed. SOAD is surely bigger than Volbeat.

I don't think that Volbeat has enough songs that are known with the regular Werchter crowd to be a good closing act, certainly not as the festival's closing act. 

Volbeat in front of Foo Fighters is certainly possible, but subbing PJ is also a possibility. And I hope they just don't play and headline Rock Zottegem instead. 

38 minutes ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

So NOS Alive is announcing something late in the afternoon......is this (finally) it, for us too?

Nope, Sportpaleis wasn't sold out.
I was there and a big part of the upperfloor was closed.

Sub is the highest for Volbeat

I can remember their last gig at Werchter & it wasn't their best ... I like them but even i didn't think that was ok.
They even stopped 10 minutes early

2 hours ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

My best guess is Red Hot Chilli Peppers.