Rock Werchter 2020

20 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Well it looks like it's random, Snarky Puppy definitely isn't the biggest name there :D 

It's several headline shows from June to August and the acts on the poster are in chronological order, that's why the MCR-gig will probably be between 01.07 (Melissa Etheridge) and 09.07 (Sting), if the poster is legit.

Edited by MrTobs

4 hours ago, Padjeq said:

MCR's comeback gig is tonight, so I'm expecting world tour news tomorrow.

4 hours ago, MrTobs said:

Maybe, although the insider in the german forum said that the plan was to release the poster early Jan (I guess after Coachella).

Yeah if it is the case they've been tapped up to do Coachella, that might well be the gateway to any further US/European shows. Though I wonder if they'd do it all at once or just wait until after the Coachella tickets go on sale.

I’m pretty confident MCR are playing this and Mad Cool. Where do you think MCR could be squeezed in?

Theres a part of me which thinks that MCR are one of Mad Cool’s remaining coheadliners so I don’t know how large of a slot that means Rock Werchter will get?

Edited by Matt42

3 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Also do we reckon Thom Yorke will clash with System or will Thom play early hours? 

I think Thom will probably close the Barn (as he'll probably demand 75-90min). SOAD will play second-to-last on the main, so there might be some overlap. 

A lot of 'ifs' though, haha.

(I'll be at Thom btw, no way in hell I'm going to miss that show.)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Blaxey said:

So no MCR for Coachella, has it got repercussion for europeans festivals?

I said in mad cool but I heard they were doing Coachella the day before their reunion. Consequence of sound confirmed them for Coachella yesterday.

Something has happened. There’s a part of me which wonders whether their absence of dates and the missing mad cool headliner is connected. I wonder if they had a plan to play all these festivals and something changed after their reunion show?

They were deffo in line for Coachella. It wasn’t just me saying they were doing it. There were plentiful sources and their reunion show was promoted by Goldenvoice (Coachella promoters). I wonder if something has changed, maybe there was something with the reunion show they didn’t like. They’ve been silent since.