Rock Werchter 2020

6 hours ago, Gossard said:

Let's hope not....

If RHCP have been booked for the sunday while Thom Yorke and FKA Twigs are closing The Barn and Klub C, I think that would please different kinds of people.

My hope for the sunday would be something like:

Red Hot Chili Peppers - System of A Down - Incubus - Foals - Yungblud - Gojira - Newcomer Act

Could Frusciante's return be the cause for the delay of new RHCP show announcements? I think Ken mentioned they were in the cards a few weeks ago, but he hasn't heard something new. So maybe they just want to play the already announced shows until Lyon to see how it works and play the rest of europe later this year or even next year?

1 minute ago, frontsidecab said:

Here's my 'prediction', though I'm not strong on belgian acts and my taste leans more so to modern music so this will be less balanced than what we get.

I just have no idea who the Pearl Jam sub could be? Haven't seen a great deal of talk about it, who do you guys think it could be?

rw2020prediction.png

PJ don't need a sub. You forgot Foos 

8 minutes ago, frontsidecab said:

Here's my 'prediction', though I'm not strong on belgian acts and my taste leans more so to modern music so this will be less balanced than what we get.

I just have no idea who the Pearl Jam sub could be? Haven't seen a great deal of talk about it, who do you guys think it could be?

rw2020prediction.png

This would be the lineup of the year for me. So many excellent names.

That friday seems too good to be true.

Some tiny adjustments: I would place Wilco/ FKA Twigs on the second line and Supergrass/The Streets on the 3rd. And a small RHCP typo. But I love this one. Well done. ?

Edited by lighthouse

1 minute ago, lighthouse said:

Indie darling day. Strokes, Tame Impala, Vampire Weekend, Foals, Haim, Angel Olsen. Heaven.

Not my type of music....and only four bands there I'd be really bothered to see, Pearl Jam, System of a Down, Faith no More and Gojira....maybe five with Pixies!   

1 minute ago, Gossard said:

Not my type of music....and only four bands there I'd be really bothered to see, Pearl Jam, System of a Down, Faith no More and Gojira....maybe five with Pixies!   

You only like rock music?

So many must sees here. Don't even know where to start. Strokes, Tame Impala, Faith No More, Kendrick, Thom Yorke, FKA Twigs, Pixies, Wilco, Vampire Weekend, Angel Olsen, Anderson Paak, Supergrass, Kiwanuka, Caribou, Wolf Alice,...

But this would be too good to be true.

23 minutes ago, frontsidecab said:

rw2020prediction.png

Pretty great. Put a couple more heavy bands like Architects and While She Sleeps on that poster and it becomes awesome.

Also, are the Strokes really that popular in Belgium? No offence to the band itself, just curious. I would have guessed them to be a part of a co-headline with a bigger band. Maybe part of the PJ day (like Jack White last year) as Ken was teasing a really nice Thursday.

Edited by brightside23

4 minutes ago, brightside23 said:

Pretty great. Put a couple more heavy bands like Architects and While She Sleeps on that poster and it becomes awesome.

Also, are the Strokes really that popular in Belgium? No offense to the band itself, just curious. I would have guessed them to be a part of a co-headline with a bigger band. Maybe part of the PJ day (like Jack White last year) as Ken was teasing a really nice Thursday.

Think Strokes demand a headlining spot. I don't recall them EVER playing a Belgian festival, so it would be a very rare booking.

I don't dare to hope it's going to happen though... It's the one name that's been in the rumour mill pretty much every year since I go to festivals, but one that never actually appeared.

What's missing though, are some Belgian acts. ?

Edited by lighthouse

26 minutes ago, frontsidecab said:

rw2020prediction.png

Take my money

Just now, lighthouse said:

Think Strokes demand a headlining spot. I don't recall them EVER playing a Belgian festival, so it would be a very rare booking.

I don't dare to hope it's going to happen though... It's the one name that's been in the rumour mill pretty much every year since I go to festivals, but one that never actually appeared.

Fair enough. I hope you get a chance to see them. I would personally prefer the Voidz in the Barn though. ?

It would a great line-up! But I don't see FNM "above" (before) TOP! And it's "Chili" not "Chilli" btw ;) 

I find this survey on Facebook: it's cool if you're from Belgium: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf7jwPzmN__jIi_RLrnbHBfqEnMhMaDdJbnGdmxWxfTlylGqg/viewform?usp=sf_link

Foo Fighters announced really a few shows/festivals. I won't be surprised if they're not playing all month until Rock Werchter...

1 minute ago, Blaxey said:

I know is practically impossible to know with arguments if My chemical Romance it´s a possibility but, however: what do you think guys? Also, I will love to take some names of nova and others festival like The Pretty Reckless.

Seems like it's possible, but not super likely. And it won't be a very high slot due to not being very big in Belgium. If they get announced it would most likely be in January/February along with a bunch of other names when RW starts filling up the smaller slots. 

Glad most of you like it ? was hoping to get some activity back in this thread!

Obviously the line up is too indie leaning - I’m sure the actual line up will be more satisfying to a greater range of attendees!

What calibre of act could we get below PJ? I’m guessing an act like The Chemical Brothers would have to go on after them and therefore wouldn’t be in with a shout (similarly with Tame Impala). What about Kings of Leon? Would they ever go on before a band like Pearl Jam? Or maybe The National?

Hopefully we’re just in for a huge surprise!

• Upvote 2

Also: ASAP Rocky Belgian exclusive @ Dour Festival. And 3 coheadliners would be the first time in history ;) 

Concerning Belgian bands: let's say RHEA, Tessa Dixson, Mooneye, Compact Disk Dummies & Black Box Revelation. Furthermore, maybe Bazart get's a main stage spot & Zwangere Guy can come back to play the main on saturday. Oscar & The Wolf also working on new material. Not sure which spot they would get. Were coheadliners at Pukkelpop in 2018, but the band really peaked back then.

You should also reserve a slot for the winner of 'De Nieuwe Lichting', a music competition by national radio. 

4 hours ago, Jochen said:

Also: ASAP Rocky Belgian exclusive @ Dour Festival. And 3 coheadliners would be the first time in history ;) 

Concerning Belgian bands: let's say RHEA, Tessa Dixson, Mooneye, Compact Disk Dummies & Black Box Revelation. Furthermore, maybe Bazart get's a main stage spot & Zwangere Guy can come back to play the main on saturday. Oscar & The Wolf also working on new material. Not sure which spot they would get. Were coheadliners at Pukkelpop in 2018, but the band really peaked back then.

You should also reserve a slot for the winner of 'De Nieuwe Lichting', a music competition by national radio. 

Damn though ASAP would fit the Kendrick day well!

Easy adjustment with the coheadliner thing, just have Tame Impala as a night ‘closer’ and not a headliner ?

I could either see Tame Impala or The National subbing Pearl Jam this time.

Someone mentioned Desert Sessions quite a while ago?

about Foo Fighters: I still wonder why they only announced 3 shows and nothing more? They also seemed to have pulled out of Hellfest for some reason. Should they only play these few shows this year and return for al full tour with Rock am Ring, Pinkpop, Werchter etc next year?